• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Anybody else getting a lot of scam ads and potential viruses on bulbapedia? About 5 times a week, I'll just be browsing bulbapedia and get redirected to a scam site without even clicking on anything to put me there. It seems to only happen on bulbapedia for me.

For some reason, I can't upload any images because i'm not autoconfirmed on Bulbagarden Archives, but I don't see how I can become autoconfirmed on the archives. Help me with this!

I have 2 photos I want to upload: An empty(yes, completely empty) picture(for the None page) and a picture of Gen 7 Earthquake.

If I look at the table on this page List of Pokemon by field move (gen IV) the table extends horizontally off my screen. I'm using chrome and my laptop's horizontal resolution is 1600p. I can't even scroll horizontally to see the rest of it

AQxzO7z.png

Wait the bulbagarden discord server instant invite no longer works.

List of Pokémon by availability - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I suggest to remove Dream World column in the table in this page because it has no practical use anymore. All other columns are useful since we can still play them and trade pokemon from them to mainline games but Dream World is shut down and in my humble opinion there is no point to keep it in a table used for comparing games to see which pokemon are available in which one.

Another issue, though not sure if it's an issue, is columns' widths seem to adapt their content, which causes them to have different widths depending on whether they have a cell with three letters (EvE, EvB, etc) or not. The widths can be fixed to make a consistent view. Or they can be left unfixed to make a dynamic view. This is not an issue at all actually. Just wanted to point out.

So I wanted to get 16 imposter dittos each with a different hidden power. I went to the Hidden Power page and saw that there were % of how often a given type showed up. And thought that was a very nice chart. I decided to go to a friend safari in X, but I know that you are guaranteed 2 IVs to be perfect and that would throw off the %. Well I saw this problem a while a go and I have tried to look into where I could find the answer to this question. I was unable to find an answer so I decided to solve this for my self. So I went and found the %'s for if you are guaranteed 2 IVs to be perfect. I then took it a step farther thinking what about SoS chaining for 4 IVs and with that I made a spreed sheet that has the %'s for X number of guaranteed IVs for hidden power (type).

My hope is that someone can create a new page to contain this information that I have found or add it to an existing page (but i think it should be a new page, linked near the location of Type distributions on this page Hidden Power (move)/Calculation - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

I am uploading a file, the file is a table and was created in the open office version of Excel. (This was uploaded as a zip file, because there no options to upload any table file extensions.)

Attachments

• How Guaranteed IVs affect Hidden Power Type.zip
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
So I wanted to get 16 imposter dittos each with a different hidden power. I went to the Hidden Power page and saw that there were % of how often a given type showed up. And thought that was a very nice chart. I decided to go to a friend safari in X, but I know that you are guaranteed 2 IVs to be perfect and that would throw off the %. Well I saw this problem a while a go and I have tried to look into where I could find the answer to this question. I was unable to find an answer so I decided to solve this for my self. So I went and found the %'s for if you are guaranteed 2 IVs to be perfect. I then took it a step farther thinking what about SoS chaining for 4 IVs and with that I made a spreed sheet that has the %'s for X number of guaranteed IVs for hidden power (type).

My hope is that someone can create a new page to contain this information that I have found or add it to an existing page (but i think it should be a new page, linked near the location of Type distributions on this page Hidden Power (move)/Calculation - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.

I am uploading a file, the file is a table and was created in the open office version of Excel. (This was uploaded as a zip file, because there no options to upload any table file extensions.)
I hate to be a wet blanket when you've gone to such trouble, but that info is for pretty specific situations. Adding extra columns for N perfect IVs would just make the table that much denser, and IMO that info isn't much "needed".

Probably a dumb idea, but I think I'd be pretty handy to have checkboxes included in lists like the Island Scan/Ultra Wormholes ones. It'd make it easier to remember what I've already got, and since bulbapedia is pretty much perfect in displaying the information, it'd be sweet to just use it to track what I'm after. I figure it'd be easiest to implement if the checkbox info can probably be stored locally as a page specific cookie. It'd beat keeping a list of copied info in Notepad and deleting them one by one. :D

Probably a dumb idea, but I think I'd be pretty handy to have checkboxes included in lists like the Island Scan/Ultra Wormholes ones. It'd make it easier to remember what I've already got, and since bulbapedia is pretty much perfect in displaying the information, it'd be sweet to just use it to track what I'm after. I figure it'd be easiest to implement if the checkbox info can probably be stored locally as a page specific cookie. It'd beat keeping a list of copied info in Notepad and deleting them one by one. :D
As far as I know, no wiki is designed for anything like that. You may wish to print the page out, or maybe use Print Screen to just copy the page into a simple image editor like Paint and just draw your own check marks.

I have an idea to use for the incomplete article templates. Let's replace Diglett with Kyurem, as Kyurem is an incomplete Pokémon.

Probably a silly request but is it worth giving Voices for Fosters a page, created by voice actresses Lisa Ortiz and Sarah Natochenny following One Journey Ends, Another Begins..., worked with members of the Pokemon team

I was looking for something but couldn't find it.

Category: Moves that damage the user

Good idea/bad idea? A lot of those will fall under recoil, but stuff like Belly Drum and Curse don't.

Hello. Under the article "pokemon the series sun and moon"or "season 20",under the sub category pokemon obtained prior to sm001,lana's popplio is missing

Another error on the main page: List of local English event Pokémon distributions in Generation V - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia The Secret Egg Event is only obtainable with Black and White Versions, not with Black/White 2. I tested it with USA-versions of the games and can also send a proof if necessary.
The page already says that; events are available in games with a colored background and not available in those with a whte background.

Back
Top Bottom