• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Zeraora info.

Attachments

• DabIbyQX4AEp96N.jpeg
    DabIbyQX4AEp96N.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 136
With an open mind, all of these charming little "leaks" could serve to engender a grander scheme, if you will; and that is of possibility. Possibility is all with which we are equipped, at present time. Let's make the most of it! :D
Exactly... Idk why people take things so seriously.

These are all false equivalencies. While it's true that these examples did not follow a pattern, they all continued to contribute to the game in an equal or greater way than what they replaced.
  • While gyms were absent in Gen 7, they still included trials as a way for players to progress through challenges.
  • The gender of the main villains wasn't relevant to their plot at all-having a female villain wasn't removing anything from the plot.
  • Adding Pokemon mid-generation give us more Pokemon than we had before.
The question isn't whether Game Freak would break a pattern-it's whether they would remove something without a suitable replacement. Making only one version instead of two has no contribution to replace what it removes. Even if version differences have been small in most games, they've still encouraged trade in version-exclusives.
I was just pointing out small ways the 7th gen ''shook up'' the formula of main series games in a way that made them unique. No doubt gen8 will do the same (its the first main series to be on a home console, there's one thing already lol)
So no need to take my posts seriously

The problem is that possibility has exceeded the realm of what has occurred in the past. This either means we can have anything we have ever wanted happen, or it's far too much to expect based on established patterns. Can we grow, or can't we?

I seem to recall that someone here mentioned ages back that a yokai watch game or games sold better than gen 6 did in Japan and that’s why gen 7 was rushed ahead of schedule or something ? Wasn’t yokai watch in Japan a while back a really big thing before it dropped in popularity?

I think it was more the Yokai watch anime and all the merchandise the franchise was selling which worried Nintendo because apparently kids cannot possibly be fans of both at the same time or something like that.

The worst selling Pokemon game has sold twice as much as the best selling Pokemon game.

In actuality the two franchises occupy different niches so there is little risk of competition, and even if there was, competition is not always a bad thing if you know what to do to get better.

If Generation 7 is not finished and we do get regional variants of some Alolan Pokemon in the Kanto reboot games then which of those Alolan Pokemon would you think fit the bill?
For the sake of discussing possible new content for the Kanto reboot/remake, I'm going to bring the possibility of regional variants (specifically of Pokémon introduced in Gen 7) to the forefront to bring positive discussion.

I know I've said this, but I've had the idea for a Steel/Flying Pikipek line in mind for a while now. I've even thought of the BST changes and abilities.

Kantonian Pikipek, Trumbeak, and Toucannon
Type: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Sniper/Skill Link

Kantonian Pikipek's Base Stats: 308 BST
HP: 45 Attack: 80 Defense: 35 Sp. Attack: 60 Sp. Defense: 20 Speed: 68

Kantonian Trumbeak's Base Stats: 422 BST
HP: 68 Attack: 103 Defense: 57 Sp. Attack: 70 Sp. Defense: 31 Speed: 93

Kantonian Toucannon's Base Stats: 582 BST
HP: 93 Attack: 138 Defense: 72 Sp. Attack: 105 Sp. Defense: 43 Speed: 131

Basically, this occurs because the Pikipek line can't compete with the native regional birds known as the Pidgey line due to Kanto having a more urban setting in comparison to Alola. The Steel typing gets adopted in order to cope with this. As for its stats, they needed to go offensive and speedy and forgo defenses since their defense isn't exactly up to snuff in comparison to dealing with Kanto 'mons to begin with.

Anyone else have some ideas for Kantonian Forms?

Just for the record, YW 2 (without the third version) did in fact outsell ORAS in Japan and the first three Yokai movies were more successful than the respective XY movies. No really thought that the same thing would happen globally, but let's not pretend that the franchises weren't comparable for 2014-2015.

That said, SM weren't rushed (2 years is the longest gap we've ever had) and the next games' release date doesn't depend on Level-5, either.

Kallyle said:
Kantonian Toucannon's Base Stats: 582 BST
Regional variants aren't Megas.

Typically, it's a set of games that can interact with each other outside of Pokébank.. For example, X/Y and OR/AS can all trade between one another and even do link battles and such, providing that the Pokémon/moves are compatible. It's the same with S/M and US/UM, or B/W and B2/W2.
Which raises the question, can the 3DS and Switch even communicate with each other?

yo Kai watch 4 will prob be more mature just like the latest movie.

if it blows up like it initially did. Pokemon will get from it

Locally not, by internet yes.
If there's a lack of local compatibility... does that impact whether or not we could consider Pokemon Switch Gen 7 or Gen 8?
If it's not Gen 7... but doesn't introduce (many) new pokemon or even forms and doesn't backport new pokemon when Gen 8 is released... is it still Gen 8?

It's such a weird time to be potentially going back to Kanto. It's just hard to see them populating Kanto with 100+ new pokemon/forms to fit the usual new generation, it's hard to see them backporting new pokemon/forms when a new region does come, and it's hard to see it fitting in with the other Gen 7 titles if it doesn't. It's in a position to just be weirdly isolated from everything else.

A reminder that 'generation' is an unofficial term and getting worked up over it is a little silly. Suppose that the next games are "isolated" outside of Bank. So what? They expect us to buy new games to stay up to date, anyway.

A reminder that 'generation' is an unofficial term and getting worked up over it is a little silly. Suppose that the next games are "isolated" outside of Bank. So what? They expect us to buy new games to stay up to date, anyway.
Well it's just that compatibility within a generation keeps the related games relevant and encourages buying to a degree. If Kanto's isolated, it can be skipped over even more easily- because if you've got Bank and can get Kanto pokemon from literally any other source that is equally detached from the next new generation, what do you need Kanto Switch for? I mean, unless you just really want to play the game to experience Kanto in 3D and for whatever plot it offers, but access to pokemon seems like a pretty strong incentive.

Although, as I'm puzzling over this- can someone tell me how trading between generations has worked in the past? I haven't exactly traded between any of my games since Gold/Silver, so I remember how that was jerry-rigged, but not how they've developed the process since then.

Methinks that’s all that will be shown in Corcoro. May is most likely when we will get some type of official info on the next entry into the Pokémon core series, but probably not till late May.

If Kanto's isolated, it can be skipped over even more easily- because if you've got Bank and can get Kanto pokemon from literally any other source that is equally detached from the next new generation, what do you need Kanto Switch for? I mean, unless you just really want to play the game to experience Kanto in 3D and for whatever plot it offers, but access to pokemon seems like a pretty strong incentive.
This argument doesn't even have to do with non-Bank compatibility. Anyway, new forms and some new Pokemon are to be expected.

Also, if they want to update the games to be fully compatible with the next generation two years later, they will. And if they want the games to be locally compatible with the Alola games, that is probably feasible, too.

Although, as I'm puzzling over this- can someone tell me how trading between generations has worked in the past? I haven't exactly traded between any of my games since Gold/Silver, so I remember how that was jerry-rigged, but not how they've developed the process since then.
Nothing much has changed. The only notable difference is that the first two generations could trade directly with the obvious limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom