• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is
I thought that Corocoro would have covered its distribution or its signature move considering that probably it will be revealed tomorrow on Oha suta. What else can they reveal about Zeraora otherwise?

To make matter simple, ever since the third gen to fourth gen, a method has been made that is one way. You go forward a generation, but you can't go back. Before, this was done by a separate facility where you simply reclaimed your pokemon. With the advent of Bank, though, instead all games can dump info into the same cloud, but there has be something that disallows data that is not in previous games to go into them. Supposedly, this service could still be brought forward into the Switch, but it just hasn't been done yet.

I was just pointing out small ways the 7th gen ''shook up'' the formula of main series games in a way that made them unique. No doubt gen8 will do the same (its the first main series to be on a home console, there's one thing already lol)
So no need to take my posts seriously

I don't remember which interview it was, but it seems like they're viewing the games as a handheld entry with home console capabilities. That's pretty much the opposite way everyone else has viewed the system as far as major developers are concerned. I'm really curious to see what happens.

I thought that Corocoro would have covered its distribution or its signature move considering that probably it will be revealed tomorrow on Oha suta. What else can they reveal about Zeraora otherwise?
The issue details this supposedly
> Reveals that it can learn Plasma fist
> Asks what other secrets does it have
> Promises some another scoop next month.
Now remember that this it what it said "supposedly".
Recall that because I'm going to test you'll later

This guy isn't a leaker but his theories are interesting. He is in contact with Japanese riddler, but won't leak the riddles until game details are announced to verify the reliability.

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/983456643269701633?s=19

To clarify, I know someone who lives in Japan and that I trust, that follows the Japanese Riddler's posts and sends me the pictures that he posts online as riddles, but I don't think he would allow me to post those. I also think it's better to wait and see what the games are about before blindly talking too much about it or believing any rumors (they aren't leaks until partially confirmed). Even though the Japanese Riddler is supposedly someone working within some level of the games industry, that has revealed other things before from what I hear, you never know the full context of the situation.
I currently have 10 riddles and a relevant quote, among which I can count 14 picture hints that have been shared, and it has been going on since the first three in February that you guys have in the opening post of the thread. 4-5 of these riddles and the relevant quote support Piuk's claims or his own riddle hints. Three of the riddles also relate to things that were already mentioned in the Plus & Minus rumor back in 2014. One of the 14 also seems to indirectly relate to the reason why Game Freak was visiting South France last year and learning about the Cro-Magnon and cave paintings (it doesn't mean Kalos is relevant). I should also clarify that one of the riddles after the Rebootmon one, which you guys also know of, clarifies that the concept of reboot is probably tied to the story in some way and is not about the games being a reboot of the franchise itself.
I won't take any of the rumors as true until they are proven correct, but it's always interesting to ponder what could happen.
I personally don't believe Kanto games will happen, at least not without a massive overhaul to the way things are usually done, because it makes no sense to me, but you never know, could be a thing they wanted to work on for some reason and happen because of that.

This really feels like one of those things that only makes sense if you go into it looking to prove a theory. Why single out the White Phase of Alchemy amidst every other instance of sun/moon symbolism in other mythologies and religions? It doesn't even really fit-Solgaleo and Lunala had barely any interaction with each other. And, according to this site, they're supposed to represent the elements of Fire and Water (makes sense, the sun is extremely hot and the moon affects tides), so if alchemy was really a factor in the design of Gen 7, why is the Water type completely irrelevant to Lunala? It doesn't even learn Rain Dance...

The symbolism within Pokémon draws from the occult as a whole, and occult includes all religions and belief systems you can think of, that combine spirituality with astrology and science, that in essence are an amalgamation of texts and symbols that humans have used since long ago to try to understand and depict how existence works. That historical sequence of belief systems can be seen in this diagram, for example.
The Sun and the Moon simply represent male and female energies. The active power to give and the passive power to receive. Fire and Water are just another abstract way of looking at it, and those in particular shouldn't be understood as actual fire and water but rather as a symbolic representation of the concept I just explained. In alchemy, these two energies are combined during Conjunction, part of the White Phase, as I mentioned in the more speculative part of my material.
Cosmog represents the union of these two energies before they are separated when they enter the physical world, something that is symbolized by Cosmog's fall from the bridge towards the waters at Mahalo Trail. Cosmog is later incarcerated by Lusamine inside a black cube, which represents the Black Cube of Saturn associated with energy being trapped in matter, something that Type: Null also represents, as its head is trapped in the Cross of Matter. This is also the moment when Lusamine is consumed by her "inner beast", hence what happens with Nihilego, which is what happens to people when they are simply stuck in materialistic endeavors and forget that they have a mind that can think and a heart that can feel.
Cosmoem represents the re-unification of both energies within the material world, which is usually symbolized as an hermaphrodite in alchemy, but also has other symbols in other belief systems, such as the cosmic egg, which it blatantly is, which symbolizes the reflective moment before the true self is found and is able to connect with Spirit. Spirit, being the 5th element, is supported by the other 4 elements, which in this case are represented by the Tapus that help and take care of Cosmog/Cosmoem.
The Altar of the Sunne is also an obvious cross, representing both the sacrifice of the self at an altar and the crucifixion of the self in the cross, which is why Cosmoem evolves there into either cover mascot after breaking out of the egg, now embodying the true self, the "real Sun" (Sun = Son), so to speak.
And that's just a very small part of the huge amount of symbolism they put in the games themselves. Every game, legendary, main area or route, character, etc., has been meticulously crafted since Red & Blue, and it only has gotten more noticeable since Ruby & Sapphire, and even more later since Black & White.
I'm not claiming to be Masuda's buddy and know the whole structure and work behind the series, but there are things shown in all aspects of the franchise that I'm sure relate to the various occult concepts that have existed over the ages, you only need to look at things with eyes that can see to notice them. The more you study and learn various things, without fear or perjudice, the more obvious certain ideas and connections become both in Pokémon and everywhere else in the world.
But if you want to believe I'm just some crazy guy who thinks too much, then feel free to do so. After all I'm just another member of this Pokémon community that is as clueless as everyone else, I guess.
However, I will keep working on my theories and try to understand the series even better as I have been for the past 2+ years now, because it has allowed me to predict things before with a considerable time margin, such as what Necrozma was and how Zeraora was connected to Lugia, but also has increased my enjoyment of the series and the amount of respect I have for Game Freak's work, even if it's not always 100% perfect.
And now I will just stop and go back to my hole, this isn't a theory thread after all. Sorry if I was inappropriate for once.

Last edited:
  • “With the Switch, we see it as a chance to create Pokémon that goes deeper and with a higher level of expression. As a result, that makes it an extremely important platform.”
  • “Right now we’re using 7 to 8 inch screens, but on a high-definition TV you can express a whole different world with graphics and sound.”
  • “Until now, games were made as one for one person, but now you can go home and play with everyone -- so how do we tackle these themes, and how do we make sure it’s not complicated?”
  • “I can’t say that we’ll release accessories, but I’d like to think of that possibility.”
  • “Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.”

Hmmmmmm.

“Until now, games were made as one for one person, but now you can go home and play with everyone -- so how do we tackle these themes, and how do we make sure it’s not complicated?”

HMMMMMMMM........!

Pokemon You and Me Confirmed. :D

But the talk of graphics and specifically expression makes me start to really question the Lapras leak. At least quell the idea that the game will be a barely upgraded 3DS engine.

Remember Pokémon Go? Here’s What’s Coming Next

I should also clarify that one of the riddles after the Rebootmon one, which you guys also know of, clarifies that the concept of reboot is probably tied to the story in some way and is not about the games being a reboot of the franchise itself.
How would they "reboot" the story though? I mean, every region besides johto is a self-contained story, with some references sprinkled here and there to past games. I don't see how can they make a story reboot.

Nintendokusou said:
I should also clarify that one of the riddles after the Rebootmon one, which you guys also know of, clarifies that the concept of reboot is probably tied to the story in some way and is not about the games being a reboot of the franchise itself.
If that were true, why did the Chinese Riddler even mention resetting the generational count?

To clarify, I know someone who lives in Japan and that I trust, that follows the Japanese Riddler's posts and sends me the pictures that he posts online as riddles, but I don't think he would allow me to post those. I also think it's better to wait and see what the games are about before blindly talking too much about it or believing any rumors (they aren't leaks until partially confirmed). Even though the Japanese Riddler is supposedly someone working within some level of the games industry, that has revealed other things before from what I hear, you never know the full context of the situation.
I currently have 10 riddles and a relevant quote, among which I can count 14 picture hints that have been shared, and it has been going on since the first three in February that you guys have in the opening post of the thread. 4-5 of these riddles and the relevant quote support Piuk's claims or his own riddle hints. Three of the riddles also relate to things that were already mentioned in the Plus & Minus rumor back in 2014. One of the 14 also seems to indirectly relate to the reason why Game Freak was visiting South France last year and learning about the Cro-Magnon and cave paintings (it doesn't mean Kalos is relevant). I should also clarify that one of the riddles after the Rebootmon one, which you guys also know of, clarifies that the concept of reboot is probably tied to the story in some way and is not about the games being a reboot of the franchise itself.
I won't take any of the rumors as true until they are proven correct, but it's always interesting to ponder what could happen.
I personally don't believe Kanto games will happen, at least not without a massive overhaul to the way things are usually done, because it makes no sense to me, but you never know, could be a thing they wanted to work on for some reason and happen because of that.

The symbolism within Pokémon draws from the occult as a whole, and occult includes all religions and belief systems you can think of, that combine spirituality with astrology and science, that in essence are an amalgamation of texts and symbols that humans have used since long ago to try to understand and depict how existence works. That historical sequence of belief systems can be seen in this diagram, for example.
The Sun and the Moon simply represent male and female energies. The active power to give and the passive power to receive. Fire and Water are just another abstract way of looking at it, and those in particular shouldn't be understood as actual fire and water but rather as a symbolic representation of the concept I just explained. In alchemy, these two energies are combined during Conjunction, part of the White Phase, as I mentioned in the more speculative part of my material.
Cosmog represents the union of these two energies before they are separated when they enter the physical world, something that is symbolized by Cosmog's fall from the bridge towards the waters at Mahalo Trail. Cosmog is later incarcerated by Lusamine inside a black cube, which represents the Black Cube of Saturn associated with energy being trapped in matter, something that Type: Null also represents, as its head is trapped in the Cross of Matter. This is also the moment when Lusamine is consumed by her "inner beast", hence what happens with Nihilego, which is what happens to people when they are simply stuck in materialistic endeavors and forget that they have a mind that can think and a heart that can feel.
Cosmoem represents the re-unification of both energies within the material world, which is usually symbolized as an hermaphrodite in alchemy, but also has other symbols in other belief systems, such as the cosmic egg, which it blatantly is, which symbolizes the reflective moment before the true self is found and is able to connect with Spirit. Spirit, being the 5th element, is supported by the other 4 elements, which in this case are represented by the Tapus that help and take care of Cosmog/Cosmoem.
The Altar of the Sunne is also an obvious cross, representing both the sacrifice of the self at an altar and the crucifixion of the self in the cross, which is why Cosmoem evolves there into either cover mascot after breaking out of the egg, now embodying the true self, the "real Sun" (Sun = Son), so to speak.
And that's just a very small part of the huge amount of symbolism they put in the games themselves. Every game, legendary, main area or route, character, etc., has been meticulously crafted since Red & Blue, and it only has gotten more noticeable since Ruby & Sapphire, and even more later since Black & White.
I'm not claiming to be Masuda's buddy and know the whole structure and work behind the series, but there are things shown in all aspects of the franchise that I'm sure relate to the various occult concepts that have existed over the ages, you only need to look at things with eyes that can see to notice them. The more you study and learn various things, without fear or perjudice, the more obvious certain ideas and connections become both in Pokémon and everywhere else in the world.
But if you want to believe I'm just some crazy guy who thinks too much, then feel free to do so. After all I'm just another member of this Pokémon community that is as clueless as everyone else, I guess.
However, I will keep working on my theories and try to understand the series even better as I have been for the past 2+ years now, because it has allowed me to predict things before with a considerable time margin, such as what Necrozma was and how Zeraora was connected to Lugia, but also has increased my enjoyment of the series and the amount of respect I have for Game Freak's work, even if it's not always 100% perfect.
And now I will just stop and go back to my hole, this isn't a theory thread after all. Sorry if I was inappropriate for once.

You are amazing. Please don't stay in your hole for long. I love symbolism and Gen 7 was littered with it. And yeah, alchemy of the European kind is obviously popular in Japan as shown by Fullmetal Alchemist, but their relationship with Christianity is a big part of their culture. It's not like most Western countries, but they are aware and use it as a device for storytelling all the time.

How would they "reboot" the story though? I mean, every region besides johto is a self-contained story, with some references sprinkled here and there to past games. I don't see how can they make a story reboot.
I mean that the concept of reboot would be part of the story of the games, like for example the villain wanting to reboot the world/universe, or something similar.

We've had that before.
Doesn't mean it can't happen again under different circumstances.
The series repeats various things over time anyways.
For example, if You & Me were real, the villain could perhaps seek to reboot the status quo, making everyone equal to one another.

Doesn't mean it can't happen again under different circumstances.
The series repeats various things over time anyways.
For example, if You & Me were real, the villain could perhaps seek to reboot the status quo, making everyone equal to one another.

I'm going to PM you a long thing I wrote that was buried by all the speculation and maybe some ideas based on conceptualizing Piuk's leaks being true. If you don't mind haha. Most of my theories aren't as quantifiable, even though they're based on what is in the game.

Is there an official generational count? As in has game freak ever mentioned specific numbers?
What is a generational count?

Are they going to be getting rid of certain Pokemon? I hope Ralts stays since I find him adorable.

To make matter simple, ever since the third gen to fourth gen, a method has been made that is one way. You go forward a generation, but you can't go back. Before, this was done by a separate facility where you simply reclaimed your pokemon. With the advent of Bank, though, instead all games can dump info into the same cloud, but there has be something that disallows data that is not in previous games to go into them. Supposedly, this service could still be brought forward into the Switch, but it just hasn't been done yet.
Thank you! That's how I thought it was, but wasn't sure because... yeah, I haven't transferred pokemon between games since trading between Red and Gold.

With that in mind, though, it still seems weird if the first two Pokemon Switch games (theoretically Kanto and then Gen 8) couldn't communicate with each other locally due to substantial pokemon restrictions. I mean, they could backport pokemon to Kanto with DLC to solve the issue, I suppose, but that feels like a step that would have to be taken to patch the fact that the games were released out of order.... and possibly setting up a precedent to backport pokemon with each installment, which doesn't sound likely either. That would take away a purchase incentive and feels kinda messy on the customer support end.

Wouldn't complain if mid-gen additions like Dusk Lycanroc were backported, though. I could almost see that being a feature, since it's less data needing to be added to a game, except I think USUM kinda really needed it to drive sales.

It's hard to get my thoughts straight on this trading compatibility thing, but something doesn't feel right about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom