• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a generational count?

Are they going to be getting rid of certain Pokemon? I hope Ralts stays since I find him adorable.

No, I mean how we refer to XY and ORAS as "Gen VI". Is this something Game Freak acknowledges enough to start by calling the games something like ReGeneration 1? Considering Pokemon Bank, I find the idea of them removing Pokemon very unlikely.

No, I mean how we refer to XY and ORAS as "Gen VI". Is this something Game Freak acknowledges enough to start by calling the games something like ReGeneration 1? Considering Pokemon Bank, I find the idea of them removing Pokemon very unlikely.

XD I think we can all agree that them removing any Pokemon is extreeemely unlikely... unless it was Qwilfish. No one would notice if we lost Qwilfish.

But because I said that now, you're all gonna notice if we lose Qwilfish so- ha, Nintendo! It's too late!

Lol, "ReGen" like regeneration and also region. I didn't even think about that second part.

Also isn't 8 supposed to symbolize rebirth? But that would fit the Plus and Minus story of bringing back old traditions and the sacrifices necessary to do so.

Also Also, the new movie focusing heavily on a wind festival and Zeroara being the thunderclap Pokemon makes me think Piuk's emphasis on airports also gives his claims retroactive merit.

I didn't say anything about removing Pokemon or there being an official count. But the Chinese Riddler alluded to the reboot being big enough to make it less clear how to define the games (unofficially, yes).

So I don't buy the story theory, especially when it comes from a very questionable source that previously mentioned a BW-like reboot.

XD I think we can all agree that them removing any Pokemon is extreeemely unlikely... unless it was Qwilfish. No one would notice if we lost Qwilfish.

But because I said that now, you're all gonna notice if we lose Qwilfish so- ha, Nintendo! It's too late!

Only because your rival in B2W2 is referred to as having hair like a Qwilfish at least 5 times haha.

Only because your rival in B2W2 is referred to as having hair like a Qwilfish at least 5 times haha.
They would change their hair in the remakes to try to hide the fact that they removed it. It's a conspiracy, I tell you. An anti-qwilfish conspiracy, bent on eradicating the existence of all qwilfish. The world must be informed!

To clarify, I know someone who lives in Japan and that I trust, that follows the Japanese Riddler's posts and sends me the pictures that he posts online as riddles, but I don't think he would allow me to post those. I also think it's better to wait and see what the games are about before blindly talking too much about it or believing any rumors (they aren't leaks until partially confirmed). Even though the Japanese Riddler is supposedly someone working within some level of the games industry, that has revealed other things before from what I hear, you never know the full context of the situation.
I currently have 10 riddles and a relevant quote, among which I can count 14 picture hints that have been shared, and it has been going on since the first three in February that you guys have in the opening post of the thread. 4-5 of these riddles and the relevant quote support Piuk's claims or his own riddle hints. Three of the riddles also relate to things that were already mentioned in the Plus & Minus rumor back in 2014. One of the 14 also seems to indirectly relate to the reason why Game Freak was visiting South France last year and learning about the Cro-Magnon and cave paintings (it doesn't mean Kalos is relevant). I should also clarify that one of the riddles after the Rebootmon one, which you guys also know of, clarifies that the concept of reboot is probably tied to the story in some way and is not about the games being a reboot of the franchise itself.
I won't take any of the rumors as true until they are proven correct, but it's always interesting to ponder what could happen.
I personally don't believe Kanto games will happen, at least not without a massive overhaul to the way things are usually done, because it makes no sense to me, but you never know, could be a thing they wanted to work on for some reason and happen because of that.

The symbolism within Pokémon draws from the occult as a whole, and occult includes all religions and belief systems you can think of, that combine spirituality with astrology and science, that in essence are an amalgamation of texts and symbols that humans have used since long ago to try to understand and depict how existence works. That historical sequence of belief systems can be seen in this diagram, for example.
The Sun and the Moon simply represent male and female energies. The active power to give and the passive power to receive. Fire and Water are just another abstract way of looking at it, and those in particular shouldn't be understood as actual fire and water but rather as a symbolic representation of the concept I just explained. In alchemy, these two energies are combined during Conjunction, part of the White Phase, as I mentioned in the more speculative part of my material.
Cosmog represents the union of these two energies before they are separated when they enter the physical world, something that is symbolized by Cosmog's fall from the bridge towards the waters at Mahalo Trail. Cosmog is later incarcerated by Lusamine inside a black cube, which represents the Black Cube of Saturn associated with energy being trapped in matter, something that Type: Null also represents, as its head is trapped in the Cross of Matter. This is also the moment when Lusamine is consumed by her "inner beast", hence what happens with Nihilego, which is what happens to people when they are simply stuck in materialistic endeavors and forget that they have a mind that can think and a heart that can feel.
Cosmoem represents the re-unification of both energies within the material world, which is usually symbolized as an hermaphrodite in alchemy, but also has other symbols in other belief systems, such as the cosmic egg, which it blatantly is, which symbolizes the reflective moment before the true self is found and is able to connect with Spirit. Spirit, being the 5th element, is supported by the other 4 elements, which in this case are represented by the Tapus that help and take care of Cosmog/Cosmoem.
The Altar of the Sunne is also an obvious cross, representing both the sacrifice of the self at an altar and the crucifixion of the self in the cross, which is why Cosmoem evolves there into either cover mascot after breaking out of the egg, now embodying the true self, the "real Sun" (Sun = Son), so to speak.
And that's just a very small part of the huge amount of symbolism they put in the games themselves. Every game, legendary, main area or route, character, etc., has been meticulously crafted since Red & Blue, and it only has gotten more noticeable since Ruby & Sapphire, and even more later since Black & White.
I'm not claiming to be Masuda's buddy and know the whole structure and work behind the series, but there are things shown in all aspects of the franchise that I'm sure relate to the various occult concepts that have existed over the ages, you only need to look at things with eyes that can see to notice them. The more you study and learn various things, without fear or perjudice, the more obvious certain ideas and connections become both in Pokémon and everywhere else in the world.
But if you want to believe I'm just some crazy guy who thinks too much, then feel free to do so. After all I'm just another member of this Pokémon community that is as clueless as everyone else, I guess.
However, I will keep working on my theories and try to understand the series even better as I have been for the past 2+ years now, because it has allowed me to predict things before with a considerable time margin, such as what Necrozma was and how Zeraora was connected to Lugia, but also has increased my enjoyment of the series and the amount of respect I have for Game Freak's work, even if it's not always 100% perfect.
And now I will just stop and go back to my hole, this isn't a theory thread after all. Sorry if I was inappropriate for once.

Feels as if I've summoned a legendary Pokémon. Wow. Words of wisdom.

Idk where it's coming from but my friend shared a rumor with me that peeked my interest. She said she saw it on Facebook and that it talked about Legendary Items that power up weak Pokemon. I think it matches with the Movie and wind Lugia with Eevee. A legendary boost that will add the flying type to Eevee and maybe a base stat increase. Idk it was interesting to say the least... what do you guys think?

What a day, Corocoro teasing stuff, a hero reappears, and the Crack Team is shutting down various sites.
What a time to be alive
Are you sure that Corocoro is teasing stuff? Merrick didn't even cover it and Pokejungle says there's nothing new in it at the moment. Not even its signature move...

I didn't say anything about removing Pokemon or there being an official count. But the Chinese Riddler alluded to the reboot being big enough to make it less clear how to define the games (unofficially, yes).

So I don't buy the story theory, especially when it comes from a very questionable source that previously mentioned a BW-like reboot.

Wait, when did the Japanese Riddler mention a BW-like reboot when he just posts hint pictures for the most part? Not aware of that if it happened, so fill me in?

The only logical thing to me that seems to be a "reboot" is back to something that resembles the original menu and battle interface from the Pre-DS games. The Switch lacks a "second screen" like the DS/3DS.

That's what the "supposedly" is about. Apparently, this information could not be corroborated. It means little if it is true. It could just be Zeraora's role in the film.

That's what the "supposedly" is about. Apparently, this information could not be corroborated. It means little if it is true. It could just be Zeraora's role in the film.
I know that. What I mean is if corocoro is actually teasing the distribution or not cause if it does then probably next month they will announce the distribution, if it doesn't, we have to wait till June like we did for Marshadow. Also if corocoro didn't cover its signature move then probably tomorrow further info about Zeraora will be totally nothing, not even plasma fists that will be revealed in June like Marshadow z move

New supposed leak has hit 4chan if anyone wants to see and/or discuss? It seems like nonsense already but it's interesting in nature, can copypasta for those who want to have a gabble about it

upload_2018-4-10_21-48-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom