• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this because...I mean if you have inside info ok, otherwise I don't see why they won't. Turn based battles don't feel exactly good on a home console so probably they needed to change the battle system.
Y.
Persona 5 proves that home console turn based RPGs are far from dead.

I don't think GF would change the combat system. We have spinoffs for that.

This guy is claiming to know something about the new games which are apparently in some sort of alternate Kanto just like USUM is an alternate Alola.

Attachments

• The Canuck Riddler.png
    The Canuck Riddler.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 161
I want to believe...This sounds pretty awesome.

Here is some more from the Canuck Riddler.

- BTW the rumor about the battle system changing is untrue
- Sadly GameFreak has decided to completely remove Z-Moves
- Some Mega Evolutions have been retconned to be ordinary evolutions
- The graphics will not be that different from SuMo just sharper in quality overall.
- IVs are finally removed, and some shinies have been recolored.

This guy is claiming to know something about the new games which are apparently in some sort of alternate Kanto just like USUM is an alternate Alola.
Usum is an alternate Alola? Until the altar of the sun/moon is basically sun and moon with surf mantine XD The plot however is a bit different, but just a bit...
Doesn't sound legit to me anyway...Color scheme swap for the pokemon mascots? Chinese dragons everywhere...not buying it.

Not buying it too. I can only buy it, if it was the complete opposite for every sentence xD

Usum is an alternate Alola? Until the altar of the sun/moon is basically sun and moon with surf mantine XD The plot however is a bit different, but just a bit...
Doesn't sound legit to me anyway...Color scheme swap for the pokemon mascots? Chinese dragons everywhere...not buying it.

Wasn't there a rumor that said Eevee's new form/evo/whatever the hell would look somewhat like Pikachu?

Also I think the Chinese dragons are hardly the strangest part of the "leak".

I honestly wouldnt mind if that were to be true, or something similar to it. However I dont think they will ever change Pikachu, among other very questionable things mentioned.
I'm thinking fake.

Wasn't there a rumor that said Eevee's new form/evo/whatever the hell would look somewhat like Pikachu?
I think it was someone here on the forum, but as a joke.

I honestly wouldnt mind if that were to be true, or something similar to it. However o dont think they will ever change Pikachu, among other very questionable things mentioned.
I'm thinking fake.

They gave Raichu an Alolan form so it is not impossible ...

I think the most questionable part is actually:

- The Legendary birds get awesome new forms which look very much like Chinese dragons because apparently GameFreak loves dragons. Although strangely Articuno ends up Ice/Fairy while Zapdos becomes an inferior Zekrom and Moltres actually becomes Fire/Psychic for some reason. Weird.
- Only one new Pokemon, it is an event legendary who bears a striking resemblance to Duskull This Ghost/Fairy creature is based on Mexican folklore of all things.

Here is some more from the Canuck Riddler.

- BTW the rumor about the battle system changing is untrue
- The graphics will not be that different from SuMo just sharper in quality overall.
- IVs are finally removed, and some shinies have been recolored.

Yes, please.

"GameFreak has decided to completely remove Z-Moves" I could understand if they made Z-Moves postgame content and refrained from adding new ones like what happened to Mega Evolution but... completely removed? I guess anything can happen at this point but I don't think that's likely.

"Some Mega Evolutions have been retconned to be ordinary evolutions" also doesn't sit well with me. Mega Evolutions weren't designed to look like entirely new Pokemon, just "cooler" versions, for lack of a better descriptive word, of the base Pokemon. Mega Venusaur is a good example of this. It's still recognizable as Venusaur; it's just got some more foliage on it. Again, anything is possible, but it just seems a little too strange.

They gave Raichu an Alolan form so it is not impossible ...

I think the most questionable part is actually:

- The Legendary birds get awesome new forms which look very much like Chinese dragons because apparently GameFreak loves dragons. Although strangely Articuno ends up Ice/Fairy while Zapdos becomes an inferior Zekrom and Moltres actually becomes Fire/Psychic for some reason. Weird.
- Only one new Pokemon, it is an event legendary who bears a striking resemblance to Duskull This Ghost/Fairy creature is based on Mexican folklore of all things.
They gave Raichu an Alola form cause Raichu is litterally forgotten (and better). They didn't made an alola form for Pikachu however, simply because it's the pokemon mascot, it can gain or loose weight but its appearence will probably remain the same till the end of pokemon.

"GameFreak has decided to completely remove Z-Moves" I could understand if they made Z-Moves postgame content and refrained from adding new ones like what happened to Mega Evolution but... completely removed? I guess anything can happen at this point but I don't think that's likely.

"Some Mega Evolutions have been retconned to be ordinary evolutions" also doesn't sit well with me. Mega Evolutions weren't designed to look like entirely new Pokemon, just "cooler" versions, for lack of a better descriptive word, of the base Pokemon. Mega Venusaur is a good example of this. It's still recognizable as Venusaur; it's just got some more foliage on it. Again, anything is possible, but it just seems a little too strange.
GF removed PSS, Poke Amie, Gyms... It's possible.

They gave Raichu an Alola form cause Raichu is litterally forgotten (and better). They didn't made an alola form for Pikachu however, simply because it's the pokemon mascot, it can gain or loose weight but its appearence will probably remain the same till the end of pokemon.

That leak screams fake to me with the bit about the new legendary Pokemon that looks like Duskull. Its just so random.

"Hey, this feature that we just pushed heavily in the most recent pair of games, even to the point of making merchandise that links to the game? That's a major part of the culture of our newest region? It's totally gone now."
because apparently GameFreak loves dragons.
I mean, yeah, they do, but not more than they do other Pokemon. If that was the case, we wouldn't have the Fairy type to nerf the Dragon type.
Just some Megas? So some of them get kicked out of the Mega club, but the feature is still there?
Although strangely Articuno ends up Ice/Fairy while Zapdos becomes an inferior Zekrom and Moltres actually becomes Fire/Psychic for some reason. Weird.
"I know have inside knowledge of these next games, but I have no clue why these design choices were made." Hm....
You may know some of these variants from SuMo/USUM
So, the variants that developed because of the different climate of another region....somehow appear in the exact same climate as their original counterpart?

Last edited:
GF removed PSS, Poke Amie, Gyms... It's possible.
Except every one of these had a replacement.
  • The PSS had Festival Plaza-not a very good replacement, but it's clear that it was intended to be one
  • Amie was replaced by Pokemon Refresh
  • Gyms were replaced by trials
And none of these were ever made to completely disappear-gyms still exist in other regions, they just don't exist in Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom