• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixelpar has said some more stuff

Attachments

• 7070B757-F2C0-4C52-885F-0343AFC650DB.jpeg
    7070B757-F2C0-4C52-885F-0343AFC650DB.jpeg
    768.9 KB · Views: 136
Still reckon it'll be Pokemon Switch. At a push, it could be Stars. Can't remember if that was rumoured to be a switch game though.

From what I recall it was a baseless (at least to my knowledge) rumour about the supposed 3rd Version to Sun and Moon, akin to Emerald and Platinum, then rumours went onto say it was merely a test port of Sun and Moon for the Switch which was later scrapped with no provided reason, and then others claimed it to be USUM's Codename upon their reveal, but even still I found an article AFTER their Release claiming that stars would one day come exemplify what I saw on many websites and YouTube comment sections of how people were Very attached to the rumours.

You know what’s going to happen...

A Direct is going to be announced...

And Bulbagarden will go into maintenance mode again...

I'm not looking forward to this, I hate it so much.

It will be revealed in april. If not, then May. If not, then June. If not, then 2019.

Basically:
any-day-now.jpg

I'm reminded of a Ronnie Milsap song... :whistle::cool:

I'm hoping he's actually right cause I wanna see everybody's reaction to it.

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Oooooooo.... wonder if Aero will be willing to share his answer or not.

I'm not looking forward to this, I hate it so much.

I'm reminded of a Ronnie Milsap song... :whistle::cool:

I'm hoping he's actually right cause I wanna see everybody's reaction to it.

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Oooooooo.... wonder if Aero will be willing to share his answer or not.

More than likely not, and will use it for his next clickbait videos to attract more viewers lol

I don't want to sound like a total killjoy, but is there even any reason to believe Pixelpar knows the codename of the games? Codenames are generally for internal use, and Pixelpar certainly doesn't seem to be a Game Freak employee. (If he was, wouldn't he know that the photoshopped Eeveelution he retweeted a while back was fake at a glance?) And even if he has someone on the inside-why bother sharing the codename? That's something that can be shared after the release without risking one's job.

Not all codenames are relevant to their games. Pokemon Crystal was known as Pokemon X, and as Satenoir said earlier on this thread, USUM's codename was momiji, meaning autumn leaves. (Something entirely unrelated to USUM)

If the image was leaked, then it should have been done without the knowledge or consent of Game Freak, right? (Didn't they say they made the image blurry to avoid Game Freak finding out?) So why would they suddenly start alluding to something in their advertising that they should have no knowledge of being public?

Lapras has always been pretty iconic in its own right, often getting unique encounters and surf sprites. It's not shocking that it'd get featured in advertising a bit.

sun/moon's codename (niji/rainbow) was leaked via a neogaf user who leaked an "internal US marketing budget and scheduling overview for 2016.” like a month or so before the games were properly announced. It wouldn't be unheard of for the codename for the switch game to be floating around among insiders. Not saying pixelpar is an "insider", and his credibility is definitely dodgy, but he has proved in the past that he's relatively in the know when it comes to the industry via contacts/sources etc

of all the information to have though, codename does seem like an odd choice to share

Last edited:
sun/moon's codename (niji/rainbow) was leaked via a neogaf user who leaked an internal US marketing budget and scheduling overview for 2016.” like a month or so before the games were properly announced. It wouldn't be unheard of for the codename for the switch game to be floating around among insiders. Not saying pixelpar is an "insider", and his credibility is definitely dodgy, but he has proved in the past that he's relatively in the know when it comes to the industry via contacts/sources etc

of all the information to have though, codename does seem like an odd choice to share
Codename is probably one of the safest info to share, since it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of what we'll actually get and it's not something that they would publicly reveal later.

But
If Pixelpar is legit,then the image leak is legit(he said the info he got matches up iirc),then it's a Kanto remake,then Piuk can't be legit,then You & Me can't be legit.
It’s a possibility that Piuk and Pixelpar are both right

I thought this was kind of interesting:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/984950882612719616

Apparently on the 4th of May, he's gonna be playing music from Red and Green at a concert. Which reminds me, I'm so looking forward to his music in the Switch game. Even if it might be a Kanto revisit, having the original music upgraded to Gen 7 levels or beyond will be cool. Giovanni's battle theme in USUM was badass.

So I was going through the replies to PixelPar's tweet and someone's guessed they'd be Kanto Remakes again as he drew Red and Green/Blue in a pair of tweets, he posted a tweet with Bob Ross on the 26th Day Tweet and someone thinks his palette is a reference to Pallet Town and then people have also pointed out his 27th Day Tweet is when he announced the Codename is hidden somewhere, Red and Green released in Japan on February 27th, and finally he said we'll kick ourselves when he tells us…something, Kanto remakes perhaps… I for one am just going to wait and see.

But anyway I realised, what's the point in revealing the Codename upon an official announcement if the Codenames aren't Official Titles? Some people are saying it's for attention, but he may just be playing it safe as there's little way for this to backfire, especially not anytime soon, though it doesn't seem like it would boost his credibility as well…o_O

Is there even any hope left for gen 8:unsure:? Why would you even want kanto remakes anyways? Who wants to go to kanto for the 6th time? Plus, they just released it for 3ds virutal console

I fully agree, but whats one more trip LOL As long as they add in new stuff I think it will be ok, but without any new pokemon or forms, I feel it will be hard to market it to veteran fans who want something new to warrant going to Kanto again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom