• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about, what if the new mystery piece of merchandise for June is simply Zeraora performing Plasma fists? Cause June 15th is probably when its signature move will be officially revealed with details about its distribution.
It might be. As long as there is just one secret merchandise item, it's unlikely to be important.

Synthaphone said:
I still don't understand that... like, I don't think we've had official confirmation that any Pokemon game has been rushed, have we?
No, but we've had Masuda and Ohmori says that the games need to be released quickly so that people don't lose interest in the series. So far that strategy has worked for them, but many fans have voiced disappointment in the 3DS games.

Granted, we don't know how long the Switch games have been in development. I doubt it's been more than 3 years.

IIRC Aero has been saying for months that he was predicting the game would be a 2019 release, was making face reveal bets on it, etc, so he's probably not happy about it (jokingly of course) as he'll be wrong

A reboot/remake poses a problem though, in regards with the anime. If we get a reboot/remake, the anime is not gonna visit that region, since we already have done so (And it will be boring too watch, since we already saw that), unless they completely change everything (Routes, gym leaders, towns/cites, story, E4), but then its gen 8 and not a reboot, even if the region is Kanto. Since SUMO anime can't extend further than 2019/early 2020 (Yes, i admit that, but 2019 is still possible for the anime), it means we need a new gen in 2019/early 2020 (Early 2020 is more likely) as well and i doubt GF can pull that off and it means that 2020/2021 is a break year.

So for me gen 8 is more likely than a reboot/which can come when the gen 8 anime is going on.

I still don't understand that... like, I don't think we've had official confirmation that any Pokemon game has been rushed, have we?

Ohmori said he programmed the trials himself in the last minute (video starts at the exact point):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi4bxT_Bb4c&feature=youtu.be&t=5m26s

But that doesn't mean Sun and Moon were rushed, imo. USUM is just a more polished version, SM by themselves are not really that lacking as people say. As games they are pretty good.

^agreed. The difference from the DS games to the 3DS games was more a result of a change in gamefreaks mindset when developing than it was due to yearly releases imo (mindset as in the whole, "mobile games are becoming more popular, people don't dedicate as much time to playing our games anymore" thing that Masuda said during X/Y pre-release)

hopefully the move to a home console, and the success of the switch has shown them otherwise though.

and yeah I personally think a gen 8 release would need to happen in 2019 (latest) because gen 7 wont last them throughout that year. If the switch game is this year I just cant see another game launching next year though. It's a really odd situation.

I wonder if some of the problems people have with S/M and USUM weren't due to system limitations more than any perceived "rush" to get them done. Like... if there was more they wanted to do but couldn't because of the hardware, so it came off as feeling like it wasn't finished right when really it's more like they tried to cram something big into a tiny box and some things suffered as a result.

A reboot/remake poses a problem though, in regards with the anime. If we get a reboot/remake, the anime is not gonna visit that region, since we already have done so (And it will be boring too watch, since we already saw that), unless they completely change everything (Routes, gym leaders, towns/cites, story, E4), but then its gen 8 and not a reboot, even if the region is Kanto. Since SUMO anime can't extend further than 2019/early 2020 (Yes, i admit that, but 2019 is still possible for the anime), it means we need a new gen in 2019/early 2020 (Early 2020 is more likely) as well and i doubt GF can pull that off and it means that 2020/2021 is a break year.
First, the target audience is kids who have barely watched the original series. "We" barely matter as far as the anime is concerned.

Secondly, if the games are sequels, then there are likely to be 3-4 new gym leaders in each region (Kanto and Johto), which would give Ash something to do as he is preparing to take on the Indigo Plateau tournament again. Don't forget that he was very excited about a rematch with Misty, which was probably the best battle in the SM series to date.

Lastly, there is always the possibility that Lillie will decide to collect badges once she graduates. She could battle the old gym leaders with Ash's mentorship.

Yes Aero is one of those who think the game will be rushed in 2018. He just answered me that

I do think that a delayed game doesn't always mean it'll be better ( look at Duke Nukem Forever for that example). However, I think that the series needs some time to breath otherwise you risk burning people out or working yourself to creative fatigue. Look at Yokai Watch, form 2014- 15 it was the biggest thing over here in Japan since Pokemon Red and Green themselves but yearly products and critical opinion on the third entry caused it to take a nose dive to the point that most of it's stores have closed down and it's mocked. GF really needs to play their cards right and not throw meat to dogs that have already eaten so to speak.

The problem is that they are now in a loop with other things like anime, merci etc so they cannot “stop”, at least not more that 1 year

Yeah delayed games don't always go the way you'd want them to. I know a lot of people LOVE DP, but those games were a disaster. You might like the general idea of it all, but the game was sluggish, the dex was terribly done (no fire types really as an example), and the story pacing was awful. It's easily my most hated of the main series for these reasons. That said I don't think people should worry about a game coming this year. It's not like this would be the first time we've ever gotten 3 games in a row. Even if it was before the WW release switch we went years with Pokemon games coming out every one of them. 2015 was the first time in a while we haven't gotten anything. I'm sure that after this year we'll get another break, but getting a game this year doesn't mean the game will be bad. It doesn't mean they're rushing it either. If they didn't want the game out this year it wouldn't be coming this year. Let's just see what the game is like before jumping off the deep end shall we?

We have Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel
What I meant is that we don't have a Magearna/movie spoiler this year, I know that Magearna has its own movie.

About Aero, saying that he will wait till the announcement to see if his sources are right is basically like saying nothing cause we know that something will happen in the next two months.
"Guys I know Pokemon for switch will be announced in the next weeks in a specific day. I'll wait till that day to see if I'm right." Who can prove that he was wrong? No one... -.-'

What I meant is that we don't have a Magearna/movie spoiler this year, I know that Magearna has its own movie.

About Aero, saying that he will wait till the announcement to see if his sources are right is basically like saying nothing cause we know that something will happen in the next two months.
"Guys I know Pokemon for switch will be announced in the next weeks in a specific day. I'll wait till that day to see if I'm right." Who can prove that he was wrong? No one... -.-'
I don't think we know for sure yet that we don't have a Magearna-esque spoiler, though... all we know is that merchandise leaks don't seem to 100% point to one yet, which could mean that we're not getting one, or that they are being really good about keeping it from getting leaked early by not even hinting to it in merchandise ahead of time.

Yeah delayed games don't always go the way you'd want them to. I know a lot of people LOVE DP, but those games were a disaster. You might like the general idea of it all, but the game was sluggish, the dex was terribly done (no fire types really as an example), and the story pacing was awful. It's easily my most hated of the main series for these reasons. That said I don't think people should worry about a game coming this year. It's not like this would be the first time we've ever gotten 3 games in a row. Even if it was before the WW release switch we went years with Pokemon games coming out every one of them. 2015 was the first time in a while we haven't gotten anything. I'm sure that after this year we'll get another break, but getting a game this year doesn't mean the game will be bad. It doesn't mean they're rushing it either. If they didn't want the game out this year it wouldn't be coming this year. Let's just see what the game is like before jumping off the deep end shall we?
A disaster? We really need more disasters, if that was the case! To a guy like me, Diamond was a really good in more ways than not. Infernape was cool enough to be like 2 fire types, and just look how ice types and dark types have been shafted lately with the 3ds games. I gues some regions just have more of different types?

I don't think we know for sure yet that we don't have a Magearna-esque spoiler, though... all we know is that merchandise leaks don't seem to 100% point to one yet, which could mean that we're not getting one, or that they are being really good about keeping it from getting leaked early by not even hinting to it in merchandise ahead of time.
I don't think it's likely at this point but clearly it's a possibility. Hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom