• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

That's definitely not true so no need to worry even a tuppence :) Lord only knows who edits these pages...

Instead, there is a lot to look forward to! Not only do we have a new Rocket episode within the month, but also Musashi & Kojirou look gorgeous in the new movie style. Like Natalie, I'm not expecting much in the way of screen-time/contribution to the story (although the "Everyone's Story" title might mean they want to get them involved in some way - after all teamwork was the theme of the original Lugia movie!), but a good handhold/fearhug wouldn't go amiss.

The title gives me hope that the TRio will at least have a small but good role. Fingers crossed for a small hug or handhold/they get to help.

@RiverStyx2010 On the whole Serephina thing, even if this was to end up being a real development in the anime (which I highly doubt), I can't see it affecting Rocketshipping, at least in a negative way, based on what we know about both Rumika(Jessebelle) and Kojiro(James).

Last edited:
The TRio normally have a decent role in all the films and they normally are quite 'chummy' with Ash and friends in the final fight. That's always nice. But we need more action between those three as most of the films haven't had a segment related to them! It's normally them finding the legendary Pokemon in question and try to follow Ash to catch it because apparently, Ash is friends with all Pokemon (except Mimikyu yessss lol).

Musashi being swallowed up by that leucocyte in M8 without a shadow of a doubt!

tumblr_nj9pp0BcKI1tkiv14o10_r2_250.gif

The way they say each other's name asasdgf3uerhjamijdsahdhzisuo makes me die every time from shippy feelings!!!!

(There are quite a lot of runner up moments though! What do you guys think?)

I appreciate the little things you know. Mainly when they all are joyous when they think of a new plan (and sometimes hug each other ;) ) to catch Pikachu or another Pokemon that is in the spotlight for that episode.

I also like Jessie and James' dry, sarcastic humour - it's the best!

Musashi being swallowed up by that leucocyte in M8 without a shadow of a doubt!

tumblr_nj9pp0BcKI1tkiv14o10_r2_250.gif

The way they say each other's name asasdgf3uerhjamijdsahdhzisuo makes me die every time from shippy feelings!!!!
Aw yeah! That moment's so good!
I appreciate the little things you know. Mainly when they all are joyous when they think of a new plan (and sometimes hug each other ;) ) to catch Pikachu or another Pokemon that is in the spotlight for that episode.
Those are always cute!

I know this isn't particularly shippy but my favorite Rocketshippy moment in the movies is Kojiro's reaction to Musashi being taken in M4. The whole time she's separated from them, he's so worried about her! She's all he talks about in the last third! He seems so upset that he wasn't able to save her after the...twig monster thing shoots them down! Just...*squees*! :D This movie was what turned me into a Rocketshipper(so that might be part of it).

But then again I haven't seen Movie 19 yet and I hear that's a good Rocketshippy movie. I'll have to see that at some point.

Last edited:
But then again I haven't seen Movie 19 yet and I hear that's a good Rocketshippy movie. I'll have to see that at some point.
You will! Nothing terribly emotional like M8 or their separation in M4, but plenty of touching ;-)

Have you seen M6?

Have you seen M6?
Yes, a long time ago on a scratched disc. I don't remember everything that happened in the movie but there was scene where Jessie, James, and Meowth(as it was the dub)said they didn't need wishes because they have each other. I'll see if I can watch the subbed version along with the M19.

Last edited:
I liked the older Meowth - I felt that Meowth had a drier, more sarcastic humour. Same with the other two - there was a time where they were actually really funny. They still are though :p

I've read about that recently but I wasn't sure if it was true. Now though... ;-; ii kanji, what's your opinion on this?
I think it is a plausible thing for Meowth to say unfortunately... It fits his character.

Sorry for the late reply! I had school and homework!

It's not that the line's out of character for Nyasu to say but that for a long time, this was a hint that a lot of Rocketshippers held up proudly. There's even a motivational poster about it! So it's just surprising that it's not actually a hint at all.

But hey, the actual line's not bad! It mostly just reemphasizes that Musashi and Kojiro's only significant others, if you will, are each other.

Last edited:
I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I almost felt relieved when that line was debunked - it was just so discordant with how M/K's relationship had been otherwise portrayed and neither before nor since has Nyasu expressed a similar sentiment.

One of the things that sets Rocketshipping apart in my books is that their bond is above this level of petty are they/aren't they/will they/won't they trash talk in the anime itself. After 21 years, there still isn't a viable alternative for either of them right?! So why even raise the question!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom