• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A glitch turning into a ghost sounds a bit complicated, but hey, we're trying to explain a glitch. I prefer the idea of a glitch and a ghost duking it out.

I like the idea of Kanto/Johto having new species in the following ways:

1. Regular species discovered in new mountainous areas.
2. Artificial Pokemon like Mewtwo, Porygon and arguably the Voltorb line. Missingno. would fall under this category.
3. Rare Pokemon from other regions that need to be protected. Generation I had Farfetch'd and Lapras, but also (without the near extinction part) Lickitung, Jynx, Tauros, Scyther and Pinsir.
4. Fossils and ghosts could always crop up.

I wonder of that rumor that suggested Mew being rectconned into an Ultra Beast might actually turn into a thing if a Kanto reboot does happen. Whether or not that happens, I hope they pull a Delta Episode with Mew and the Unown on the Sevii Islands. I would like a decent backstory for them, thank you.

Maybe (and I think this was actually in a fake leak a while back), if they go a Kanto remake they could have a bunch of “Glitch Pokemon” almost like the Ultra Beasts but different. Missingno could be one of them, and we could get a whole bunch of new Glitch Pokémon based on th Glitch Mons from back then

Oh we were talking about how we'd like to see Missingno and some unused pokemon designs made into official pokemon. XD
Ahh yeah that's right.

I remember you mentioning Honoguma and Kurosu. They should have just gone with Honoguma, then they wouldn't have a pattern that everyone expects will be followed for the fire starter every generation. Haha

Ahh yeah that's right.

I remember you mentioning Honoguma and Kurosu. They should have just gone with Honoguma, then they wouldn't have a pattern that everyone expects will be followed for the fire starter every generation. Haha
....damn, you're right, no bear in the Chinese zodiac. That kinda debunks that theory, unless someone chooses to argue that they decided to make it a thing after they scrapped it and picked Cyndaquil instead.

....damn, you're right, no bear in the Chinese zodiac. That kinda debunks that theory, unless someone chooses to argue that they decided to make it a thing after they scrapped it and picked Cyndaquil instead.
That's probably what ended up happening.

Have they ever been asked directly if there are any patterns for the type of starters they choose?

Why is everyone discussing MissingNo. all of a sudden? Seems random and off topic. Haha

It uh…has taken over the computer systems…yeah…that's it.

I wonder of that rumor that suggested Mew being rectconned into an Ultra Beast might actually turn into a thing if a Kanto reboot does happen.

I can imagine them calling Mew an Ultra Beast, Reboot or no Reboot, but Retconning all Pokémon to be descended from an Ultra Beast would certainly tie into a reboot.

But I feel as though some may misunderstand what a reboot means.

Each Region in the Anime or even games could be considered a Soft Reboot as old Pokémon stick around, but there are new ones and new characters and sometimes old characters return with a New Story and Location.

Remakes could be considered Hard Reboots especially in the sense of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as while old characters are retained they are different from who they used to be and it overrides their predecessors' lore, canon and story.

If they were to Reboot the Franchise this would under No Circumstance mean Any Pokémon would be removed, look at the new Ben 10 for Example, it is a reboot, is Ben gone? No, is Gwen gone? No, Grampa Max, Animo and Vilgax? No, but they are not who they used to be from previous series as it is a Hard Reboot.

And so if they rebooted the Pokémon Franchise they could simple wipe away the timeline set up the the previous games and start fresh, Old Pokémon, Old Characters, Old Locations, no restrictions and this would still constitute a Hard Reboot.

Ah, perfect, saved me some time, thanks.
As Gen II was supposed to be the last Pokémon games it's likely that Charizard and Cynaquil were coincidentally comparable to the Chinese Zodiak, heck I would dare argue that it may have gone all the way to Gen III or even IV before they realised and decided to stick with it since.

I could never give up Cyndaquil for the world though, its so precious... I actually like every stage of that line in different ways, they're all very endearing to me, haha

I really don't mind the Zodiac theory that much- I don't put much stock into it (Charizard counts as the Dragon, but Cyndaquil counts as the Rat??? Charmander and Typhlosion are neither of those...) but if its not true, they're bound to disprove it eventually.

I could never give up Cyndaquil for the world though, its so precious... I actually like every stage of that line in different ways, they're all very endearing to me, haha

I really don't mind the Zodiac theory that much- I don't put much stock into it (Charizard counts as the Dragon, but Cyndaquil counts as the Rat??? Charmander and Typhlosion are neither of those...) but if its not true, they're bound to disprove it eventually.
I look forward to it being disproven just so people don't reference it when debunking fake starters. "It doesn't fit in the Chinese Zodiac" is not a valid means of proving/disproving leaks, so I hate every time it ever comes up.

I look forward to it being disproven just so people don't reference it when debunking fake starters. "It doesn't fit in the Chinese Zodiac" is not a valid means of proving/disproving leaks, so I hate every time it ever comes up.

Aaaah, that makes sense- I forgot about that, that annoys me as well. Like most fan theories, its a fun idea, but when people latch onto them as fact it can end up clouding everyone's judgement.

I love TOKIYA's art, but my favorite TCG artist will always be Tomokazu Komiya- the whole reason I buy the trading cards at all is because I'm always hoping to get more of the cards he's illustrated. That being said, as much as I adore his artwork, a style like TOKIYA's is probably better suited for official promotional art for the main series games- I'd be content with just seeing more Komiya cards moving forward (which I expect to, he's been illustrating for the TCG for so long now) and maybe another merch line like the Oops! line from a while back that has his style all over it. :D

Speaking of the Chinese Zodiac, though, I would like to see a generation release an obvious set of Zodiac-inspired mons. But not all fire-types, obviously- give them primary elements that are actually tied to the zodiac animals, because they do have their own fixed elements.

So like...

Fire: Snake and Horse
Water: Pig and Rat
Grass (Wood): Tiger and Rabbit
Ground (Earth): Ox, Dragon, Goat and Dog
Steel (Metal): Monkey and Rooster

I'm not a believer in the Zodiac theory. Cyndaquil is a hybrid of several animals, including shrews, tenrecs, porcupines, echidnas, and honey badgers, with its evolutions amping up the honey badger inspiration. Fennekin and its evolutions are based on fennec foxes. The "dog" of the Chinese Zodiac is a domesticated dog.

I'm not a believer in the Zodiac theory. Cyndaquil is a hybrid of several animals, including shrews, tenrecs, porcupines, echidnas, and honey badgers, with its evolutions amping up the honey badger inspiration. Fennekin and its evolutions are based on fennec foxes. The "dog" of the Chinese Zodiac is a domesticated dog.
Yeah, I gotta agree with you there- kinda given up on arguing the matter, though, because people reeeeally seem to love that fan theory. XD So I can only hope that they give us a fire-starter soon that really doesn't fit- like a random elephant or something- just to get people to stop waving it around as an absolute fact. We can keep going with Zodiac-fitting mons after, because it's a fun theory, but boy do I wanna see the "validity" derailed just so it doesn't come up as "proof" of anything ever again.

The thing that I really liked about USUM was the sheer amount and variety of Pokemon that we were able to get before the post-game. I probably would have been able to build about half a dozen decent in-game teams with Pokemon that are my personal favorites. I hope we see something similar with the Switch game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom