• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley honey no one thinks that's the kind of reboot we'll get. A new game set in Kanto does not meant they're erasing all the games that came before it.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the Riddler's reboot hint.
Why do you think a reboot means cutting pokemon?
Mostly because of several people talking about a generational reset, which comes up a lot in discussions about rebooting Pokemon. There is also the idea that they will keep only the original 151 and get rid of everything that came after. I don't think that any of this will happen.

I think Decidueye is a good choice for Smash, not simply for its popularity, but also for the fact that the game lacks a Grass starter to go along with Charizard and Greninja. I don't think any other Grass starter evo has been as well-received and it's pretty timely. I also don't think that a presence in Pokken makes any odds, as that's a very different game.

That said, a new character could also tie into whatever the next Pokémon game is. Or maybe they'll add one from S/M and one from the new games.

473E2A93-7A59-4444-88A5-569D61861E8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would probably mean that they're ok with using that as a placeholder and don't feel the need to change it. "2018 or later" still could technically be used even if the game is coming next year so there's no real rush to change it if it's not coming this year

Guess he gave up huh.Less than 5 hours left afterall.

So,if the investors meeting comes up and it's still "2018 or later",then what?What would that mean?
It would mean nothing. We'll still be in the same boat we always have been.

I'm just remembering this, but at E3 last year, when they mentioned that the games existed, they did say that information on the games would not come for more than a year. IIRC, these were the exact words used.

So I don't know why abybody has been expecting a reveal before E3.

We all want it, but honestly, we're all just grasping at straws. We've seen 6 sets of "leaked" starters, tons of "leaked information", and lots of dry "hints" from both official and unofficial sources.

But what we haven't gotten is even one syllable of Real Concrete Information.

And this is a problem. It creates anger and hysteria. It produces great debates, however.

Makes me wonder if anyone in charge at GF looks at stuff like this. Haha

It would mean nothing. We'll still be in the same boat we always have been.

I'm just remembering this, but at E3 last year, when they mentioned that the games existed, they did say that information on the games would not come for more than a year. IIRC, these were the exact words used.

So I don't know why abybody has been expecting a reveal before E3.

We all want it, but honestly, we're all just grasping at straws. We've seen 6 sets of "leaked" starters, tons of "leaked information", and lots of dry "hints" from both official and unofficial sources.

But what we haven't gotten is even one syllable of Real Concreate Information.

And this is a problem. It creates anger and hysteria. It produces great debates, however.

Makes me wonder if anyone in charge at GF looks at stuff like this. Haha
No.He said **the game** may not release for more than a year.

No.He said **the game** could not come for more than a year.
You're right. I just watched the announcement video.

He said "GameFreak has begun developing a core RPG Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch. It may not release for more than a year, but we hope you'll look forward to it, all the same".

I dont understand why GF would remake Kanto as the first Switch game. The remakes shoud be in 2021. It makes more sense.

2018: Gen8
2020: Sinnoh Remake
2021: Kanto (and Johto) Remake

No its going:

2019:Gen8
2020/21:Sinnoh Remake
we never know if a kanto remake do come i don't think that a kanto remake ever comes though.

And it was so obvious that thing with pixelpar was so fake.
That guy knows nothing...

No its going:

2019:Gen8
2020/21:Sinnoh Remake
we never know if a kanto remake do come i don't think that a kanto remake ever comes though.

And it was so obvious that thing with pixelpar was so fake.
That guy knows nothing...
Do you have any any evidence to back your 2019 claim up?

Do you have any any evidence to back your 2019 claim up?

Every generations ends in 3 or 4 years.
I just think that this generation would be a 3 year gen.
If you look at release date of main games, game freak had always in every gens one year break.
Because of that i think game freak doesn't bring a game this year.

Well everyone is commenting “F” under day 30 of pixelpar lol maybe it means Fail?

Edit: great, now we have Aero that claims to have inside infos about announcement and such, that is not allowed to share. What a beautiful story...

Probably that 'press F to pay respects' meme? I think it comes from twitch but i've always just assumed its similar to saying 'rip' to somebody

Ever since gen 5, generations have been getting smaller and shorter

For North America, we had B/W2 released in November and X/Y announced like 3 months later. A two year generation honestly wouldn't be as unprecedented as people are making it seem imo. We had 4 year gens, 3 year gens, and if we start getting 2 year gens, I'm guessing that'll just be gamefreak wanting to make the gap shorter.

no gap year from USUM to whatever's next (if gen 8) could just be gamefreak wanting to make the jump to the switch quicker (I wouldn't be surprised if nintendo's been pressuring them to)

and lmao if Aero is being legit then I wouldn't be surprised if there are others within the poketuber community and webmasters that have the same info. It probably means an announcement is coming within the next few weeks (which was likely enough anyways)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom