• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting about this is that it's being widely speculated that these games are going to be set in Kanto as a reboot, and ORAS were simple remakes.

Random observation, but Pokeshopper's tweets have mysteriously disappeared. Did I miss something?

Not sure that it's very interesting. Announcing a game around an investors meeting its a pretty good idea regardless of what it is. It doesn't have to be because the new game is a remake. It'd likely be purely coincidence.

So apparently Paul Ryan will no longer be tweeting about merchandise reveals.

It's a shame because it was fun to speculate on and generally gave us good indication on when to expect news drops, but it's understandable given he's been under attack by 4chan and some of the community ever since the eevee merch.

What? He never said that. Don't make things up lol I'm pretty positive Paul Ryan made his account private because he's sick of people sending him stuff and badgering him. His site relies on those merch reveals so that's not at all the case. His normal account is just private because I'm sure he's sick of people going after him. He'll likely still tweet from the account it's just now only those who were already following him can see.

Could that hint about Lapras and Blastoise be about pokemon rumble ? The nanoblock Blastoise and Lapras are toys, and pokemon rumble is a game about pokemon toys, and a potential pokemon rumble trade mark or something was hinted way back by serebii. I feel this is what the hint is telling us.

View: https://twitter.com/TW_PhantomLord/status/986311948361977856

He already said this has nothing to do with Ubisoft and that he himself isn't working on it. Also he said that he wished he was working on it so unless he has some weird dream about working on a side Pokemon game it's undoubtedly about the main game from GF.

Also dude dont argue here about verlisify drama he is toxic to the community and always looking for drama lets make this forum clean of that furry(not an insult since he claims to be one) and continue with the topic
Agreed and I hope we get an announcement soon and we don't have to wait into e3, Because at this point the sooner we get an announcement the better for this Heavenly pokemon fandom/community.

Not sure that it's very interesting. Announcing a game around an investors meeting its a pretty good idea regardless of what it is. It doesn't have to be because the new game is a remake. It'd likely be purely coincidence.

What? He never said that. Don't make things up lol I'm pretty positive Paul Ryan made his account private because he's sick of people sending him stuff and badgering him. His site relies on those merch reveals so that's not at all the case. His normal account is just private because I'm sure he's sick of people going after him. He'll likely still tweet from the account it's just now only those who were already following him can see.

He already said this has nothing to do with Ubisoft and that he himself isn't working on it. Also he said that he wished he was working on it so unless he has some weird dream about working on a side Pokemon game it's undoubtedly about the main game from GF.

I don't want to take a screenshot or anything because it feels kinda scummy to do that to someone on a private account, but a few hours ago someone @'d him asking about the the tweet he made with the merchandise codes a few months ago where he said "I will comment on this in 27 days" and his response was that he would no longer say anything about it and that he would no longer tweet about merchandise reveals. I'm guessing he just meant merchandise reveals pertaining to unrevealed pokemon/forms,etc

Not sure if it's related to him going on priv but I still thought it was worth bringing up

Last edited:

This is true, but he has worked with Ubisoft before, so he is still a industry insider even if currently not working on this project. He must have contacts to have that info. If this this is the case, it explains his confidence. You are right, this must be about the main game.

I don't understand why given that he accurately predicted that Eevee would get something minor. I do think he could have handled the deleted tweets better, though. I'm still confused about them.

he could not have been more clear about eevee not getting an eeveelution but for some reason a lot of fans thought an eeveelution was still possible regardless (why, is beyond me)

I remember seeing replies to those tweets even up until semi recently where people were saying that an eeveelution in m21 was still possible (lol. . .)

he could not have been more clear about eevee not getting an eeveelution but for some reason a lot of fans thought an eeveelution was still possible regardless (why, is beyond me)

I remember seeing replies to those tweets even up until semi recently where people were saying that an eeveelution in m21 was still possible (lol. . .)
I mean, it's certainly still possible, but I don't know why anyone would keep nagging Paul about it. XD He made it pretty clear that he didn't think that the mystery plush was a new eeveelution for very good reasons and that he had nothing else hinting toward one being likely.

I don't want to take a screenshot or anything because it feels kinda scummy to do that to someone on a private account, but a few hours ago someone @'d him asking about the the tweet he made with the merchandise codes a few months ago where he said "I will comment on this in 27 days" and his response was that he would no longer say anything about it and that he would no longer tweet about merchandise reveals. I'm guessing he just meant merchandise reveals pertaining to unrevealed pokemon/forms,etc

Not sure if it's related to him going on priv but I still thought it was worth bringing up

Hmm I see. Well either way I'm sure him going private and not posting is due to all the toxicity going on. Tis a shame. No one should be forced to stop doing something they care about just because others are terrible. And especially since he wasn't doing for himself. He never needs to share them in the first place. It was because he was being nice and wanted to share with his followers. Now everything has chased him off.......

I mean, it's certainly still possible, but I don't know why anyone would keep nagging Paul about it. XD He made it pretty clear that he didn't think that the mystery plush was a new eeveelution for very good reasons and that he had nothing else hinting toward one being likely.

it's technically possible but imo the chances are minuscule.

There's that one mystery left for the movie to be revealed in june which could be a new pokemon but it's highly unlikely.

It's probably just coincidence but I do find it odd that it's set to be revealed the same week as e3.

TheMonster6893 said:
And especially since he wasn't doing for himself. He never needs to share them in the first place. It was because he was being nice and wanted to share with his followers.
That's a bit naive. People on Twitter want attention, which is fine.

it's sad that the only person which give us actual info need to hide because the community is getting toxic.
About Verlisify himself? Yeah, I think I believe with you. I don't think that Verlisify is toxic. I only believe for the whole Flying--type Eeveelution, not the whole Codename: Beluga "rumor" nonsense.

it's technically possible but imo the chances are minuscule.

There's that one mystery left for the movie to be revealed in june which could be a new pokemon but it's highly unlikely.

It's probably just coincidence but I do find it odd that it's set to be revealed the same week as e3.
The Pokemon Center clear card to be revealed the day after the expo? That is an interesting timing, and I wonder if there is going to be a pokemon reveal at E3- probably not an announcement, I expect one sooner, but maybe a reveal.

About Verlisify himself? Yeah, I think I believe with you. I don't think that Verlisify is toxic. I only believe for the whole Flying--type Eeveelution, not the whole Codename: Beluga "rumor" nonsense.
nah, i talked about paul rayn.
never really cared about verlis stuff

Let me tell you something: Verlisify is NOT a biggest fake news clickbaiter on YouTube. Accounting to Verlisify himself, Aero release this "news" about Pokémon eighth generation game is official but actually he really took Verlisify's video and claimed it as his own without mentioning Verlisify nor anyone else.

Easy, killer.

my wishful thinking, extremely hopeful, unlikely theory is that. . . .

The reason nothing is currently pointing towards a new generation, there's no gen 8 tease in m21 as far as we know, etc, is because gamefreak/TPCi are intentionally keeping it under wraps to surprise everyone with the reveal trailer and start the pre-release off with a bang. To have it really come out of nowhere.

The issue with this though is that it just feels like bad marketing to not put a gen 8 mon in the movie if the game were to launch this year. Another problem is if this was the case, why not reveal earlier in the year?

Paul Ryan was getting down in the mud today with people, being kind of condescending. I had to unfollow him. It's a shame, as he had good insights, but some of the bigger Pokefancommunity guys are getting a bit big for their britches - Merrick and Ryan being the biggest offenders (imo).

The reason nothing is currently pointing towards a new generation, there's no gen 8 tease in m21 as far as we know, etc, is because gamefreak/TPCi are intentionally keeping it under wraps to surprise everyone with the reveal trailer and start the pre-release off with a bang. To have it really come out of nowhere.

The issue with this though is that it just feels like bad marketing to not put a gen 8 mon in the movie if the game were to launch this year. Another problem is if this was the case, why not reveal earlier in the year?
The merchandise is something serious. If new pokemon are on the way they need to make and sell products about them. At the moment there are none, even as mysteries. This is the only thing that makes me believe that a remake/reboot thing is more likely.

We don't know if there won't be a Gen 8 mon in the movie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom