• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM073: Rocket-dan's Island-Visiting!? Get the Z-Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say the idea of Team Rocket doing the island challenges appeals to me as I find them boring, I'm sure they won't have much luck if they do succeed

AT LAST :cry:

Wonder how they'll share it out... And who's going to learn a dark type move... And what it will look like... *sigh* So many wonderful possibilities...

Commiserations to those who love Iwane and hate the TRio:
Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Wonder how they'll share it out... And who's going to learn a dark type move... And what it will look like... *sigh* So many wonderful possibilities...

Probably Jesse and mimikyu would be luckey ones

I hope there's a Rocket vs Skull feud again :D Maybe Nanu makes a stealth debut in this episode already, and (judging by the title) his identity would be revealed in the next one? I just want him to interact with the Rockets.

AT LAST :cry:

Commiserations to those who love Iwane and hate the TRio:
Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Meowth can use bite?

The second of the three episodes of fan interest. And I suspect that we will see something enjoyable, if not fuel for AMVS.

Is it just me or is TRio actually getting decent amounts of focus now?

While they've been absent fairly often throughout the SM series, there's always been a episode for them within at least 20 episodes so far.

Looking forward to this episode if it means we actually get to see more development.

Is it just me or is TRio actually getting decent amounts of focus now?
I think they have been throughout! I make this 7 focus episodes in 73 - almost 1/10 - just about the best ratio they've ever had over such a span. Not to mention that they've had memorable roles in a significant number of other episodes they've appeared in.

Frequent absences were a viable complaint up to and including the Akala arc. However, since then this has been rectified... Behold!:
Percentage of episodes present in until end of Akala arc: 48.6%
Percentage of episodes present in from Akala arc till SM069: 78.1%

Out of the latest episodes this one seems the most interesting. Seeing that the anime didn't do any kind of initiation ritual for Ash's Island Challenge, one would think that TR would go straight to Hala. How will they battle him? Are they really strong enough to put up a fight? Mimikyu is effective and Mareanie resists Fighting, but I'm sure they would think it twice before making the first Kahuna and a Elite 4 member a joke.

Or the plot will be about TR stealing the ring from the Tapus or Nanu? So many questions...

I am so excited for this! I hope they legit battle for it. A tag battle perhaps?

But his has already an Electruim-Z Crystal...
Steelium-Z can also be obtained there, don't forget that.

And is TRio worth it to get a Z-ring? Aren't they "the bad guys"?
Well, they already have a Z-Crystal, and they're not completely evil. Maybe they'll help in a big battle later in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom