• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM070: Protect the Ranch! The Blue Flame's Counterattack!!

The battle was over too quick and it felt not like a real battle. So the only important thing that happend was that Marowak learned to do the Fire-Type Z-move? o_O

Yeah, Melemele Officer Jenny doesn't have a Granbull, but a Gumshoos.
@radek.tadajewski.7
And thus, it only appear in two and three times. Which kind of disappointed.

A brilliant episode I feel, was brilliant to see Kiawe's family return, especially Mimo

Loved how Marowak and Turtonator jumped in to protect Mimo from Thunder.

Was brilliant to have no Team Rocket and have a proper villain like Bourgain and his underlings
@BigDocFan
The only thing, that I don't like is that Ash didn't encouraging him like they did all the way back in Episode 34. It will be great to see him training once more for the preparation of the Ula Ula Arc begins.

Rewatching the episode, please tell me Ash did not mistake Akala Jenny for Melemele Jenny, new characters I can understand but Ash
Let's hope he didn't. If he did mistake her for Melemele Jenny, then he got another thing coming.

My main takeaway from this is that Kaki's parents are adorable. More of them in future episodes, please.

Also, this is the first time I can ever recall a character in the show (Satoshi) actually mentioning going to the bathroom. The times they are a-changin'...

Ok, so let me get this straight. The bad guy blocked the stream so the farm doesn't get any water, Kaki's friends decide to help. So far so good. And they do that by...washing the Pokemon on the farm. Which, if it wasn't for the neighbours offering their water, would be a hard thing to do. I mean it's nice that they help, but I feel like it kinda misses the point.
At least it makes sense when the Miltank escaped that they'd go and round them up. That actually was related to the problem at the hand.

Did anyone notice the super cute baby Miltank? It's even holding a little flower ASDFGH :love::X3:

20180420_144052.png

I can't believe I watched this episode yesterday and straight up forgot to review it.:p That said...I guess there's not that much to say. Kiawe's family is super entertaining. I still love how Kiawe is so close to Mimo. He was legit only concerned about her when the dude was trying to bulldoze the place :ROFLMAO: And the way Mimo and his mom kept hugging his dad was hilarious and cute.

As for the actual plot, it was honestly pretty meh. First of all, maybe I just haven't been paying that close attention to Marowak, but I don't recall it having this issue before where it attacks before Kiawe commands it. (At least that's what I thought the issue was. I might be wrong on that.) This just seemed to come out of nowhere without any prior buildup. At first I also thought it was strange that this is the first time Kiawe has used Inferno Overdrive with Marowak despite him catching it forever ago, but at the same time he didn't even start battling with it until a long time after captured as well, so I guess it's not all too weird. But overall I felt like everything went by way too fast. The battle and the rematch happened so close together and neither battle was all that if I'm honest. They should have dedicated more time to the battles and to Kiawe training with Marowak.

Overall the only things that I can say I liked about this episode was that we finally got to see Marowak use Inferno Overdrive and the cute interactions between Kiawe and his family. It could have been a bit better. 5.8/10.

Well, that ending sure delivered. I wasn't as annoyed by Bourgain as by the fact that no one seemed to question the legality of his actions throughout the episode (at least not directly).

There's more shading on the characters' hair in some of the scenes, I think it looks much better that way.

Also, this is the first time I can ever recall a character in the show (Satoshi) actually mentioning going to the bathroom.
I came here to mention that too. That said, there is a Hoenn episode where an actual bathroom is shown, it's kinda surreal.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom