• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in future games.

Item Storage returned. Despite all the pockets and the Free Space, there are just still so many items that things get cluttered. And a lot of items, like the plates and type boosting items, I don't use regularly

Speaking of which, fairy type booster please? I know a plate will have the same effect, but just for the completion

Also, it's really minor, but replaying Platinum reminded me you could shine your badges and it s a stupid little activity that's no more than an easter egg but I like it?

- the Rotom-Dex (Pokedex) is nice it could stay, or maybe other pokemon with similar powers could take it role in a other region, but till then it should stay , its a nice feature.

For it to be really hard. Or, pretty hard. In Ultrasun, I have to impose rules on myself so that I don't sweep through everything. I was supposed to only use a Munchlax, lmao, but he's too overpowered.

More intense characters. Deeper, you know. Like in One Piece, there are some really emotional passages with equal parts humour and sincerity. It doesn't get heavy or unsuitable for children, but it can really provoke tears sometimes.

No more trainer customisation. It isn't extensive enough to offer any real gratification, and in the earlier games you don't have to worry if you're wearing the right hat to take on the gym leader lmao. Seriously. I spent like twenty minutes trying to piece together an outfit that is casual cool, but with bold undertones... gack. Too hard.

But bring on the wacky Pokemon. Seriously. I want a clock in a diaper with antlers. And yes, I am being serious.

For it to be really hard. Or, pretty hard. In Ultrasun, I have to impose rules on myself so that I don't sweep through everything. I was supposed to only use a Munchlax, lmao, but he's too overpowered.

More intense characters. Deeper, you know. Like in One Piece, there are some really emotional passages with equal parts humour and sincerity. It doesn't get heavy or unsuitable for children, but it can really provoke tears sometimes.

No more trainer customisation. It isn't extensive enough to offer any real gratification, and in the earlier games you don't have to worry if you're wearing the right hat to take on the gym leader lmao. Seriously. I spent like twenty minutes trying to piece together an outfit that is casual cool, but with bold undertones... gack. Too hard.

But bring on the wacky Pokemon. Seriously. I want a clock in a diaper with antlers. And yes, I am being serious.

They included difficulty levels with B2W2, so it's possible for them. They just haven't felt it's necessary for whatever reason. I hope they see the current trend of rewarding less casual gaming that Nintendo has been experiencing and add it in.

I want player skill customization. Where you can have a profession outside of just pokemon trainer example: Pokemon Breeder, Researcher, PokeChef. Just something than can make the main character feel more personable.

Being able to replay certain areas of the game (or previous games) with scaled levels and difficulties. You could earn battle points or special items by completing these.

I want player skill customization. Where you can have a profession outside of just pokemon trainer example: Pokemon Breeder, Researcher, PokeChef. Just something than can make the main character feel more personable.

Being able to replay certain areas of the game (or previous games) with scaled levels and difficulties. You could earn battle points or special items by completing these.
I’ve always thought they could use a sort of trainer class system that might boost certain Pokémon types, or types of moves. Like, if I’m a psychic/hex maniac, then Pokémon attacks used by my team that are psychic or ghost might get a small boost in power. Nothing excessive, like Z-move boosts, but something small like holding an item.

Not sure if it would translate into competitive play or not. It could certainly lend to some interesting strategies but then I’m sure one class will end up being way OP due to some unforeseen Pokémon or Attack.

If we end up going back to Kanto like some have feared, I'd like there to be Kantonian variants of Gen 7 Pokémon like we had Alolan variants of Gen 1 Pokémon.

I’ve always thought they could use a sort of trainer class system that might boost certain Pokémon types, or types of moves. Like, if I’m a psychic/hex maniac, then Pokémon attacks used by my team that are psychic or ghost might get a small boost in power. Nothing excessive, like Z-move boosts, but something small like holding an item.

Not sure if it would translate into competitive play or not. It could certainly lend to some interesting strategies but then I’m sure one class will end up being way OP due to some unforeseen Pokémon or Attack.

My idea would be that each class/job would effect the game in a way that doesn't effect the overall main game but could give you some perks. Like pokemon breeder could lessen the steps you need for an egg to hatch or Pokemon Tracker class that could make it easier to find Shiney Pokemon.

Even more character customization! A few more Afrocentric hair styles would be awesome as well. Also I know it'd be really difficult considering by next gen we'll likely have close to if not more than 1,000 Pokemon, but it'd be cool if they re-introduced the option to have them follow you on the map.

- thawing out faster from freeze during other weather conditions, especially during sun(+10% extra every turn but not on the 1 turn ), stay longer frozen during hail.

- freeze now wares of with 1st turn-20%; 2turn- previous turn % +10%(every next turn); 3turn-"new previous turn"+10% ; or 1- 10%; 2-25%; 3-50%; 4-75%; 5-100%: during hail always longer

More Thaw-out moves:
- A frozen Pokémon can still use the moves Beak Blast ,Mystical Fire, Fire Punch, Flame Charge, Acid Amor(+other acid based moves too),Solar Beam, Energy Ball,Solar Blade, Moon Blast, Volt Tackle, Wild Charge, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Zen Headbutt, Psychic Fang(similar like with screens), Shel Smash(similar like Shed Skin ability does), Draco Meteor, Teleport, Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Overheat, Fire fang, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, Scald, Steam Eruption, and Burn Up while frozen; these moves will thaw(free) the user, then execute normally. But deal half the damage or miss(50%) in the same turn(especially when hail). (Magnitude or Fissure could theoretically break the ice from the inside, the same would be for some sound moves; maybe Gyro Ball, Rapid spind or spinning moves could work too if the user has Levitate or is under the effect of Magnet Rise or Telekinesis )

- new ice type -sound- move to always freeze a pokemon(similar to will-o-wisp)
- new sound ability to send oponents sound moves back to the oponent

Last edited:
(I want the Pokémon core series to finish. I understand that Nintendo & Game Freak are companies whose workers rely on consistent income, which generally consistent entires in a series would provide, but, in my opinion, Pokémon is in a state of exhaustion. I must admit, I haven't any reasonable evidence which supports this impression, so this desire is pretty negligible.)

Anyway, if there is a feauture for which I yearn in Pokémon game, it is the ability to show affection to Pokémon. I think Pokémon Refresh is splendid, and I imagine that the creation of models for more than eight-hundred Pokémon was very strenuous; however, I am a dreamer and an animal-love.

I would love to rub the bellies or sratch the backs of Pokémon, and I would love to be an open space and release all of my Pokémon from my party so they can run around, relax, & play (again, there would need to be motile models for more than eight-hundred Pokémon, but those models exist in Pokémon Sun & Moon). Oh, and I would porbably gain a fair amount of mirth if a trainer could have visible injuries (in the form of bandages & scratches) to exhibit the pain they are willing to endure to raise and love their Pokémon.

I just wanna love my monsters.

I really really hope to see more split evolutions of older pokemon, alternate forms, and cross-generational evolutions in general. I feel like there's just so much potential with the current dex that hasn't been utilized. So many 2 stage lines just begging to have another evolution, weaker pokemon that need love, etc.

I want to see the core series longer, till they finish the chinese zodiac fire type starters.
(seriously its good, but no fire/fighting anymore and diffrent secondary types for the rest of all starters; no more mono typed starters)

There is much potential in creating new pokemon and classes through out 5 more generations.

We didn't get many pokemon types with concrete new and old abilities,
we didnt get yet many new abilities and moves that could create interesting posibilities.

Figured I'd just drop my wishlist off here and maybe update it periodically~

New Pokemon / Evolutions / Forms
  • More Mega Evolutions
    • Mega Rapidash - Fire/Flying (pegasus or alicorn design)
    • Mega Raichu - Gorochu-inspired design? Electric/Dark?
    • Mega Dragonite - noodle dragon, increased speed stat
  • More regional variants
    • Water-type Growlithe
    • Steel-type robot regional variant because why not
    • Dark/Flying or Psychic/Dark Lugia variant based on Shadow Lugia?
    • "Earthen Variants" from the "Earth Region" available in Pokemon GO.
  • Ghost, Dragon, Flying and Normal-type eeveelutions
    • Specifically, a Normal-type eeveelution tank with Fur Coat and high HP
  • More Baby stage pokemon
    • Kangaskhan
    • Lapras
    • Miltank/Tauros
    • Vulpix (with one white tail)
  • Revive Gen 2 Demo Pokemon (with updates)
    • Honoguma's line
    • Kurusu's line
    • Tangela's evolution and pre-evolution
    • Meowth's pre-evolution
    • Girafarig's demo design - as a (mega) evolution or regional variant (Normal/Dark)
    • Doduo's pre-evolution (with at least one less head)
    • Ponyta's pre-evolution
    • Rinrin and Berurun, the bell cats
    • Turbann (have it evolve from Shellder if holding a Slowpoke tail)
  • Missingno made into an official pokemon, with forms:
    • Regular form: little pixel creature
    • Fossil form: skeleton creature, changes in a museum/dig site
    • Ghost form: ghost creature, changes in a graveyard/burial site
    • ? Plush form: based on the substitute doll, changes in a toy room/toy store ?
  • New forms for Mimikyu featuring costumes of other Pokemon besides Pikachu.
  • A Fire-type starter that doesn't remotely fit the Chinese Zodiac
  • A set of clearly Chinese Zodiac-inspired mons with their related fixed elements as primary types:
    • Fire - Snake and Horse
    • Water - Pig and Rat
    • Grass (Wood) - Tiger and Rabbit
    • Steel (Metal) - Monkey and Rooster
    • Ground (Earth) - Ox, Dragon, Goat, and Dog
  • Chinese dragon-inspired pokemon with four limbs
  • More quadrupedal pokemon with wings (on the back, not as ears)
  • Dog pokemon based on the Borzoi, Saluki, Chinese Crested, Papillon, and Chow Chow
    • ...or instead of Chow, a literal bear-dog- I will accept Legend of Korra's Naga as a pokemon
  • Horse Pokemon
    • Water-type kelpie or hippocampus
    • Pegasus/alicorn
    • Shetland pony
  • Non-legendary orca pokemon
  • Dolphin pokemon (mostly for the fandom- it's been wanting one for years)
  • Honduran white bat pokemon that looks cute, not stupid (glares at woobat)
  • Flying fish pokemon
  • Cheetah pokemon
  • Capybara pikaclone
  • Wolf in sheep's clothing pokemon
  • Hyena or aardwolf pokemon with mohawk mane
  • Schrodinger's cat pokemon that changes type each turn
Game Changes
  • Fewer new Legendaries. Every generation. For the rest of forever.
  • Nidorina and Nidoqueen moved from Undiscovered to the Monster and Field egg groups.
  • Retcon Slowpoke to require some kind of contact with a Shellder in order to evolve.
  • Real-time battle system, not turn-based (it could be made optional for however people would prefer to play)
  • A means to boost weak pokemon (such as Butterfree) to be competitively viable against strong pokemon (such as Dragonite)
  • Ability to use our own pokemon as Poke-Rides.
    • Rather than taking up a move slot like HMs, we could simply designate which of our pokemon would be on-call for each function.
  • New alternate coloration- especially albino
  • Either add incense for all Baby pokemon breedings or just remove incense altogether
  • Let players skip the pokemon catching tutorial.
  • Non-hetero variants for "couple" double battle trainer classes.
  • A more open world Pokemon game. (Almost there!)
  • Player-controlled camera (for the entire game).
Story Changes
  • Separation between the league challenge and the story plot, so you can tackle either one separately without having one hindered by the other. (Example: Not forcing you to do something plot-related before accessing the gym.)
  • Player character lives with Dad instead of Mom for a change.
  • Mom is the region Champion- because she is awesome and it is her time to shine.
World Building
  • Official map of the pokemon world, showing the position of all regions relative to each other.
  • Regions based on Spain, Ireland, Canada and Australia.
  • Support Pokemon / "Pokemins" / "Pokeminis" / "Pokefleas" - miniature symbiotic companions for pokemon that could power up attacks or allow for new attacks.
    • Would be able to go into the pokeball with the pokemon that it's attached to.
    • Found randomly on wild pokemon, similar to Pokerus. The wild pokemon would have to be captured to acquire the companion and transfer them to a different pokemon.
    • Special boost for Bug-type pokemon to make them more competitively viable?
Sun and Moon
  • Sea lion pokemon (Popplio)
  • More equine pokemon (Mudbray and Mudsdale)
  • Wolf pokemon (Rockruff and Lycanroc)
Sword and Shield
  • Make Leafeon and Glaceon evolve via Leaf and Ice Stones
  • Farfetch'd evolution
New Pokemon Snap
  • A Pokemon Snap feature with similar scoring system and better application than Poke Finder. (Even better, I accept having an updated Snap game instead!)

Last edited:
Figured I'd just drop my wishlist off here and maybe update it periodically~

New Pokemon

• More Mega Evolutions
  • More regional variants
  • Ghost, Flying and Normal-type eeveelutions
    • Specifically, a Normal-type eeveelution tank with Fur Coat and high HP
  • Baby evolution for Kangaskhan
  • Chinese dragon-inspired pokemon with four limbs
  • More four-limbed pokemon with wings (on the back, not as ears)
  • Dog pokemon based on the Saluki, Chinese Crested, Papillon, and Chow Chow
    • ...or instead of Chow, a literal bear-dog- I will accept Legend of Korra's Naga as a pokemon
  • Missingno made into an official pokemon, with forms:
    • Regular form: little pixel creature
    • Fossil form: skeleton creature, changes in a museum/dig site
    • Ghost form: ghost creature, changes in a graveyard/burial site
  • Gen 2 beta pokemon Honoguma and Kurusu revived as official pokemon
  • A Fire-type starter that doesn't remotely fit the Chinese Zodiac
  • A set of clearly Chinese Zodiac-inspired mons with their related fixed elements as primary types:
    • Fire - Snake and Horse
    • Water - Pig and Rat
    • Grass (Wood) - Tiger and Rabbit
    • Steel (Metal) - Monkey and Rooster
    • Ground (Earth) - Ox, Dragon, Goat, and Dog
  • Fewer new Legendaries

Game Changes
  • Nidorina and Nidoqueen moved from Undiscovered to the Monster and Field egg groups
  • Real-time battle system, not turn-based (it can be made optional for however people would prefer to play)
  • A means to boost weak pokemon (such as Butterfree) to be competitively viable against strong pokemon (such as Dragonite)
I have to say, I agree with basically all your wishes. And specifically regarding your want for a proper Chinese zodiac, I’d even be ok with a Pokémon representation of the western zodiac.

And the Nidorina/queen thing has bugged me literally forever. Also, yaaassss buff my winged butter baby.

I do have to say though, as cool as it would be, I don’t think they’ll ever acknowledge missingno as an actual Pokémon.

I have to say, I agree with basically all your wishes. And specifically regarding your want for a proper Chinese zodiac, I’d even be ok with a Pokémon representation of the western zodiac.

And the Nidorina/queen thing has bugged me literally forever. Also, yaaassss buff my winged butter baby.

I do have to say though, as cool as it would be, I don’t think they’ll ever acknowledge missingno as an actual Pokémon.
I was thinking that having the two zodiacs as part of an in-game mechanic/puzzle would be neat. =D I only put the Chinese one, though, because I feel like it might be easier to design for.

=< But yeah, they may never acknowledge poor Missingno... the only hope I have that they might is that they acknowledged pikachu's real world popularity with Mimikyu, so maybe they will make another meta reference one day with an official Missingno too.

ok I would like to see Long Reach get a little small buff to it's current effect, when the user uses "special attacks" it should work like Serene Grace , this way it could get quite interesting when choosing moves into the moveslots.
(or make them get +1 priority)

Seeing UBs make me wonder if we got the Aztec Zodiac with them? or not?

I've always felt like the postgame is lacking, no matter what they do. I always want to explore everyone's stories and personalities further (and do some more duels, of course) but the postgame is usually just so technical, soulless and dedicated solely to fighting. So I want them to do a relationship development system, (like in Persona)where you can find out a character's motivation and truly become their friend. I also want your character to be able to fall in love with other characaters. I am aware it's a kid game but I want solely kid-friendly stuff: like hand-holding, becoming battle partners, seeing your partner blush and say they love you too. I think it's nothing too extreme so they could implement it.

I also REALLY want pokemon to be able to fall in love with other Pokémon. It would make breeding much more humane, in my opinion. It would be hilarious to see ferocious pokemon like Steelix lovestruck, too. Plus, maybe pokemon lovers would be able to get some "relationship bonus" that boosts their stats, when they are in battle together. And it would tie in nicely with making double battles more common and make it the way to create pokemon spouses (by fighting together often in double battles and using positive status moves on each other) It would be only a natural continuation to what Pokemon Refresh did, really.

I've always felt like the postgame is lacking, no matter what they do. I always want to explore everyone's stories and personalities further (and do some more duels, of course) but the postgame is usually just so technical, soulless and dedicated solely to fighting. So I want them to do a relationship development system, (like in Persona)where you can find out a character's motivation and truly become their friend. I also want your character to be able to fall in love with other characaters. I am aware it's a kid game but I want solely kid-friendly stuff: like hand-holding, becoming battle partners, seeing your partner blush and say they love you too. I think it's nothing too extreme so they could implement it.

I also REALLY want pokemon to be able to fall in love with other Pokémon. It would make breeding much more humane, in my opinion. It would be hilarious to see ferocious pokemon like Steelix lovestruck, too. Plus, maybe pokemon lovers would be able to get some "relationship bonus" that boosts their stats, when they are in battle together. And it would tie in nicely with making double battles more common and make it the way to create pokemon spouses (by fighting together often in double battles and using positive status moves on each other) It would be only a natural continuation to what Pokemon Refresh did, really.
While I think that would be a cute and interesting idea, I’m sure plenty of people would give sufficient backlash. I’m sure that, based on the mechanics of the move Attract, game Freak would go with the more realistic nature route in deciding what Pokémon can fall in love. And that probably means same egg group, opposite gender. And while I don’t see the issue there, a lot of people might get upset that Pokémon can’t be homosexual or something like that. Game freak just doesn’t seem like a company that modern enough to think of something like that. Also, what happens to the genderless Pokémon? Can they fall in love despite being unable to breed?

Bottom line, I just feel like it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

Also, then breeding would be some kind of test of conscience... like, am I forcing two Pokémon to make an egg when they don’t love each other??

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom