• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I haven't really played Smash Wii U that much myself, even though I do own it, so if this is just a port, I probably won't bother with this, unless there's a lot of new, additional content in a re-released Switch port of Smash 4. But you might as well just call it a new game, if you're going to go that route. I'm not really picky for what new playable fighters could be added, but for new battle stages, I'd like something from Pokémon SM/USUM; something like an Island Trial challenge location or the Aether Paradise would be my vote.

I'd settle for a Gilgamesh trophy, if nothing else. This needs to happen.
Or better yet, a boss fight against good old gilgamesh in a story mode a la brawl. That would also mean the obligtory Battle on the big bridge remix. (Though I would like them to use either I or XV’s rendition if not a remix)

I hope this means the Ice Climbers can come back.

Also, something I wondered. I heard Brawl was supposed to be the last Smash game or at least the last one Sakurai would take part in, but then we got Smash 4 and now Smash 5. Is there any explanation for this?

all i'm hoping is that we get Waluigi and Golisopod, and that they don't add Zeraora.

Also, something I wondered. I heard Brawl was supposed to be the last Smash game or at least the last one Sakurai would take part in, but then we got Smash 4 and now Smash 5. Is there any explanation for this?
Actually sakurai said the same thing about melee and sm4sh. Basically he’s like kojima with postponing his retirement for the sake of art

I am SO excited for this!! Most people bought the Switch for Mario and Zelda, but I know this will be right up there in top tier. I want Wolf and Snake back, Ghirahim, K. Rool and Ridley. Some additions to the Sonic cast: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, even Eggman. (Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings stole his Eggmobile, but they only proved that it CAN work.)

I know Snake is unlikely due to Nintendo announcing that all third party games are excluded, but they kicked themselves in the foot when they put in Cloud and Bayonetta, the former who was originally in the works for 64 but traded for Sony, and the latter only now having their game remade on the Switch. So yeah. Let's hear it once more:

It's go time.

The very first Smash for 64 began as a simple parody in Japan that was never expected to meet success. When they realized just how well it sold, it became an international phenomenon that everyone wanted to play.

I remember being thirteen and reading his posts on the Brawl official site. He has a lot of fun with it, so it's likely that even when he retires he'll still contribute to it in some way.

Yeah, that has to be totally fake (super rough animations, the UI buttons don't match the Switch, like the d-pad), though I feel pretty confident that Spring Man is going to be in the new Smash (probably shared with Ribbon Girl, like an Olimar/Alph deal). Decidueye... meh, maybe. Probably the best Gen VII rep, though funnily enough considering I'm here on a Pokemon forum and obviously enjoy the series, I just don't get excited for Pokemon reps in Smash since I never play as them anyway (beyond occasionally Mewtwo) so I dunno.

On a different note, what stages would you all like to see return, debut, or be removed in Smash 5?

I'd like to see Sector Z finally return as a retro stage, I loved that stage in Smash 64 and Corneria never really matched up in my eyes.

Every single stage with a boss (Yellow Devil, Ridley, Metal Face) I'd like to see either removed or revamped. The bosses were an annoying concept, even for casual play.

Unpopular opinion, but I'd love to see Pac-Land return. Something about the MS Paint aesthetic and the fantastic song list and the chaotic pace of the stage just speaks to me. In contrast, I thought the 3DS Pac-man stage was super dull.

The Paper Mario stage has to be trashed if it were up to me. It's terrible even in design imo (that shift to the Bowser's Castle part especially), but it's also terrible because 2/3 of it is based on Sticker Star, which - even aside from it being the worst PM game period - had a very boring world and nothing notable enough to even base a stage on. Not even the TTYD S.S. Flavion and the great Rogueport music section saves this stage. I say start fresh and either make a new one with aspects from all the non-Sticker Star Paper Mario games, or just make a Color Splash stage since that game had some very cool locations. Or even just go safe with Port Prisma.

It'd also be nice if the Sonic stage didn't have to correspond to the most recent game in the series. Lost World's Windy Hill is so boring that it had no business representing the Sonic series, it's not even iconic like Green Hill Zone was. Something like Angel Island or Station Square or Lost World (the SA1 level, not the game lol) or Crisis City or something on the ARK would be neat, though I guess Park Avenue from Forces wouldn't be bad either since at least it's not "Green Hill Zone 5.0".

Yeah, that has to be totally fake (super rough animations, the UI buttons don't match the Switch, like the d-pad), though I feel pretty confident that Spring Man is going to be in the new Smash (probably shared with Ribbon Girl, like an Olimar/Alph deal). Decidueye... meh, maybe. Probably the best Gen VII rep, though funnily enough considering I'm here on a Pokemon forum and obviously enjoy the series, I just don't get excited for Pokemon reps in Smash since I never play as them anyway (beyond occasionally Mewtwo) so I dunno.

On a different note, what stages would you all like to see return, debut, or be removed in Smash 5?

I'd like to see Sector Z finally return as a retro stage, I loved that stage in Smash 64 and Corneria never really matched up in my eyes.

Every single stage with a boss (Yellow Devil, Ridley, Metal Face) I'd like to see either removed or revamped. The bosses were an annoying concept, even for casual play.

Unpopular opinion, but I'd love to see Pac-Land return. Something about the MS Paint aesthetic and the fantastic song list and the chaotic pace of the stage just speaks to me. In contrast, I thought the 3DS Pac-man stage was super dull.

The Paper Mario stage has to be trashed if it were up to me. It's terrible even in design imo (that shift to the Bowser's Castle part especially), but it's also terrible because 2/3 of it is based on Sticker Star, which - even aside from it being the worst PM game period - had a very boring world and nothing notable enough to even base a stage on. Not even the TTYD S.S. Flavion and the great Rogueport music section saves this stage. I say start fresh and either make a new one with aspects from all the non-Sticker Star Paper Mario games, or just make a Color Splash stage since that game had some very cool locations. Or even just go safe with Port Prisma.

It'd also be nice if the Sonic stage didn't have to correspond to the most recent game in the series. Lost World's Windy Hill is so boring that it had no business representing the Sonic series, it's not even iconic like Green Hill Zone was. Something like Angel Island or Station Square or Lost World (the SA1 level, not the game lol) or Crisis City or something on the ARK would be neat, though I guess Park Avenue from Forces wouldn't be bad either since at least it's not "Green Hill Zone 5.0".
Remove Palutena's Temple. It's bad enough it's a gigantic stage so I either get lost, or people keep running away from me, but I didn't find any of the "Palutena's Guidance" commentary funny at all. Remember how hilarious "Snake's Codecs" were, of the M-rated military shooter Snake commenting on cartoony stuff like Wario's farting? For "Palutena's Guidance", it's redundant since Pit came from a comedy-based game...of which I didn't find funny either.

I honestly do not care about stages, other than bringing Omega stages back, while also adding an omega stage-eque option, but instead of FD clone, it should be a Battlefield clone.

For past veterans, bring Ice Climbers back. I want to see Wolf added as DLC to troll everyone.

For newcomers, we already have Inklings confirmed. I'll list some other characters that I want
- An ARMS character (duh)
- Rex (idk about Pyra her design is fanservice imo)
- Mimikyu (because I don't want any more starters in Smash)
- Crash Bandicoot (Had some Nintendo history, also if Cloud can make it why not Crash?)
- Sora (unlikely, as long as Nintendo can work out a deal with Disney though)
- Sans (jk but seriously why does anyone want Undertale in Smash?)
- Tails (I see Tails over Shadow and Knuckles because he's kinda like Sonic's Luigi)
- Paper Mario (also unlikely, though it can have a pretty unique moveset than Mario's so it wouldn't have
- Shantae (the most unlikely, though despite being an indie game its debut game is solely on Nintendo. Though Shantae is made by an American company and I don't think it has been translated into Japan)
- The champions of Hyrule (kinda mixed on this, but LOZ needs a character other than the main heroes and Ganondorf. I don't count Sheik because she's just a transformation of Zelda)

So in total, I have 9 new characters planned, with only 5 likely and the other 4 not likely. Also threw in a fake entry to screw around :p

And for returning characters, I think from the Smash 4 crew, the new clones (minus Dr. Mario, because Melee origins), Corrin, and Bayo should not return. Lucina and Dark Pit because they're almost identical to Marth and Pit, respectively, Corrin because he's an unnecessary DLC imo, and Bayo because she's broken, and I just want to see her dead.

Yes my opinions suck.

Honestly I don't think Nintendo needs Disney's permission to use Sora. Just Square Enix since they made him. If they they want other things like trophy information or stage gimmicks with Disney stuff then it would be required. Just not Sora alone..

Honestly I don't think Nintendo needs Disney's permission to use Sora. Just Square Enix since they made him. If they they want other things like trophy information or stage gimmicks with Disney stuff then it would be required. Just not Sora alone..
I'm pretty sure Sora is legally owned by Disney. Squre Enix just produces the games

I'm pretty sure Sora is legally owned by Disney. Squre Enix just produces the games
I couldn't find a clear definitive answer tbh.. The guy who created him is the same guy that creates FF characters so my guess is them. But we'll have to go with 50-50 for the middle ground lol. But since Cloud was in Smash 4 they probably have one obstacle out of the way for getting Sora into Smash lol.

Sora is probably Square's property, just as Geno was in Super Mario RPG. (But of course that is just a guess.)

If I'm allowed to speculate and be proven wrong like always, new item: Nintendo Labo Robot Kit. Collect three pieces, similar to the Dragoon, and your character will temporarily pilot a giant mech.

EVERY CHARACTER

except Waluigi

I was hoping we’d have 1-2 characters from Arms, and maybe another Pokemon (Golisopod). Its great that 8-player mode is returning, and the Inklings looks fast, powerful, and fun.

Back
Top Bottom