• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you like to see in future games.

For example, it's impossible to find a late game bug gym and water gym is almost always late game. It creates this stereotype that certain types are just weaker which is wrong. Also, why no normal type Pokemon leaguers? Would be funny if the first gym to defeat was a Dragon type gym with some overconfident teenager as head.

Yes always wanted a dragon gym as the first gym, with 3 diffrent dual type dragon pokemon to take down, but hope in anime he needs to rematch it as a 5 , 6 , 7 or 8 gym.

with maybe new Dragon/ice? new dragon/grass? dragon/steel? or use those in other gyms?
Could see a new dragon/ghost pokemon stand alone line or evocoming. or maybe a seperate ghost gym?

Tyrantrum was a missed oportunity to use in gen 6 both in games and animes. If something would want a Tyrunt and then Tyrantrum in rematch and maybe it could get a better ability till then,

a 6 or 7 gym bug gym with a Shedinja ; with a new bug/dragon and a new faster bug/fighting could work well, or maybe use second Heracross or its mega before the bug/dragon?

- too many rock gyms but not many ground gyms, pallosand and maybe a new ground/flying line?

- could see new electric gym with alolan geodude or better alolan graveler line there

- maybe all gyms could use one pokemon thats dual type has secondary "??? /ice" typing if its a colder region?

- a grass ?or a fire gym? where we get a fire/grass pokemon line.

- what about a water gym with brand new water/grass pokemon? also would to see a Kindra once more in a gym.

what would you say to a 8 gym, thats mixed ghost/dark gym with 3 dark/ghost pokemon?
we have 2 Sabley and spiritomb, maybe with a new one a the 3 pokemon?
maybe we wll get a fairy starter and ash in the anime too.

nice idea with space-alien type , alien would fit better in my opinion.
-water resistance good
-ground immunity should be added automatically seeing some of them as levitators, then they could get other abilities
- would make bugs and ice resist them and bugs would be SE on them
-fairy resistance
-dragon resistance
-fighting resistance
-ghost would be SE on them

Yes always wanted a dragon gym as the first gym, with 3 diffrent dual type dragon pokemon to take down, but hope in anime he needs to rematch it as a 5 , 6 , 7 or 8 gym.

with maybe new Dragon/ice? new dragon/grass? dragon/steel? or use those in other gyms?
Could see a new dragon/ghost pokemon stand alone line or evocoming. or maybe a seperate ghost gym?

Tyrantrum was a missed oportunity to use in gen 6 both in games and animes. If something would want a Tyrunt and then Tyrantrum in rematch and maybe it could get a better ability till then,

a 6 or 7 gym bug gym with a Shedinja ; with a new bug/dragon and a new faster bug/fighting could work well, or maybe use second Heracross or its mega before the bug/dragon?

- too many rock gyms but not many ground gyms, pallosand and maybe a new ground/flying line?

- could see new electric gym with alolan geodude or better alolan graveler line there

- maybe all gyms could use one pokemon thats dual type has secondary "??? /ice" typing if its a colder region?

- a grass ?or a fire gym? where we get a fire/grass pokemon line.

- what about a water gym with brand new water/grass pokemon? also would to see a Kindra once more in a gym.

what would you say to a 8 gym, thats mixed ghost/dark gym with 3 dark/ghost pokemon?
we have 2 Sabley and spiritomb, maybe with a new one a the 3 pokemon?
maybe we wll get a fairy starter and ash in the anime too.

nice idea with space-alien type , alien would fit better in my opinion.
-water resistance good
-ground immunity should be added automatically seeing some of them as levitators, then they could get other abilities
- would make bugs and ice resist them and bugs would be SE on them
-fairy resistance
-dragon resistance
-fighting resistance
-ghost would be SE on them
I chose space instead of alien because I also included pokemon who just belong to space (like solrock, lunatone, minior) and aren't aliens. I don't mind if the type will be called 'alien', I just feel like a new type is usually introduced when there are enough pokemon for that to happen so I included them too. I've wanted a space station gym for I don't know how long and I can't wait for it to happen yet... I doubt it will. When I heard a rumour about a new type in XY era, I actually thought it will be something along these lines - "space" or "alien" type. But it turned out "fairy" and at first, I didn't like it because it seemed to me that Pokemon went fantasy. Now I am fine with fairies mostly but I still blame Monster Hunter popularity for Pokemon franchise's recent fantasy leanings. I prefer sci-fi, myself.

but maybe they will introduce two new types at once, meybe not gen 8, but later, but who knows for sure...

But what else then space comes into mind?
Celesteela was steel/flying even if it was related to space travel.

I look at the special/physical damage categories where fairy was an add to special
Damage category - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Now we have 9 physical oriented types and 9 special oriented Together 18 types.
If they would want to introduce new ones then what Monster Type? Light type? Magnet type?
whats left or posibble to do?

25 unused type combos left, 13 type combos paired only with megas and legendaries... and probably 5 generations more to go. 5 new per generation and those 13+ others that are very rare like steel/fighting could get redemption with new pokes with new stats, movesets and abilities.

Monster Type?
We don’t need something like 'Monster' type. Dragon covers it pretty well, and those which cannot be grouped in dragon can be easily put in other types like ground, rock or steel.

Light type?
Fairy and Psychic cover that pretty well.

Magnet type?
Steel and Electric cover the theme well. Besides, as of now we only have 3 magnet-like Pokemon- Magnemite Line, Nosepass line and Alolan Geodude line.

——

I think we don’t need any new types. 18 are enough for now. For balancing, some tweaks will work pretty well. For example, giving ice a bunch of resistances.

We don’t need something like 'Monster' type. Dragon covers it pretty well, and those which cannot be grouped in dragon can be easily put in other types like ground, rock or steel.

Fairy and Psychic cover that pretty well.

Steel and Electric cover the theme well. Besides, as of now we only have 3 magnet-like Pokemon- Magnemite Line, Nosepass line and Alolan Geodude line.

——

I think we don’t need any new types. 18 are enough for now. For balancing, some tweaks will work pretty well. For example, giving ice a bunch of resistances.
I quite agree. As much as I think it would be satisfying to have the number of types a good number like 20, there’s no reason to force it. 18 is plenty, and that’s already including some overlapping themes among types. What they should do is tweak the chart to make each of the 18 types more balanced, like help ice for instance.

Also, am I the only one bothered that dark and ghost are almost exactly the same offensively? Like, they’re super effective against the same things. And then when steel got nerfed in gen 6, it no longer resists both types. Ghost would’ve made sense, it could’ve dropped that resistance. But I don’t get why it dropped the dark resistance as well.

Also, still salty that bug is resisted by fairy. Poor bugs!!

In fact, I think the resistance should be the other way- bug should be resistant to fairy.

It'll also make sense thematically since fairies are linked to forests, and Bug is resistant to grass....
Thank you, yes!! That would be perfect.

Now, if they ever do fix the ice type, watch them do it by adding resistances to things like bug and psychic. Lol just eff up those types a little more.

Thank you, yes!! That would be perfect.

Now, if they ever do fix the ice type, watch them do it by adding resistances to things like bug and psychic. Lol just eff up those types a little more.

But Ice already suffers as a type! Though that may be mostly because most of the Pokemon are fragile. But matchup-wise it already is resisted by four types and only resists itself. It's only niche is good coverage against Dragon/Ground and Dragon/Flying, which is pretty common for Dragons. Even being the Dragon killers was taken away by Fairies. Tbh I think the Ice Type needs more buffs than weaknesses. But Bug does, too.

But Ice already suffers as a type! Though that may be mostly because most of the Pokemon are fragile. But matchup-wise it already is resisted by four types and only resists itself. It's only niche is good coverage against Dragon/Ground and Dragon/Flying, which is pretty common for Dragons. Even being the Dragon killers was taken away by Fairies. Tbh I think the Ice Type needs more buffs than weaknesses. But Bug does, too.
That’s what I was saying. I was just making a joke that if they do fix the ice type then it’ll be by nerfing other types that also need help, which would defeat the purpose.

ok, then no type adding, but let them create more pokemon ad moves that properly show Mgnetism atleast... push and pull reactions maybe related with switching.. a electric type immune too steel moves...
that plazma claw could have do normal and steel type moves become electric...
if 18 are enough ten create some new type nased versions of Magnet Rise and Throat Chop for other types like dark ,ghost , electric, steel and other type immunity abiities related to the types that didnt get any...

Im waiting for more Sandy pokemon, made of sand like Palosand... I think a ground/flying pokemon made of sand would be interesting. And some more bone, alien, pirate, vikings amazons-south aremicans, indian-south and north, hindu, ancient greek, roman, european, south american egyptian-gods(a more egyptian mummy pokemon, a sracab, a scorpion) and creatures based pokes... some desert animals?

bug and grass should get a fairy resistance in gen 8, but fairies still should resist bug this would make sense really and be good form many pokemon

- water ,

-poison

(cold,frozen liquids???
If not then maybe a immunity to the poison status condition atleast but they still would get damaged normally by poison type moves; Corrosion ability still would work well on it+ in the Anime we didn't ever see a poisoned ice type pokemon(by a move or ability) I think? or did we?)

Effect of Freezing on Some Plant Toxins and Micronutrients in the Leaves of Amaranthus Cruentus | Musa | Journal of Food Studies

- bug

then I will be happy.

Last edited:
Region of Generation 8 inspired by Spain, mainly in Granada and Barcelona.

The appearance of the region would lead to the more "medieval" side of Spain, although it would happen in the present times.

The game would not be an open world, but it would bring much more exploration than any previous game in the series. The main story would still be linear, though.

The names of the game versions would be Heat and Frost, or Flame and Frost, or Blaze and Frost, and the main theme of the game would revolve around willpower.

It would be the first game in the series not to have a main villain. The team leader whom the player must "defeat" during the story of the game would only have different points of view from the player, and this would lead them to conflicts sometimes, but in the end of the main story, a discovery would make both reach a consensus.

Add a tottaly new battle mode, so as not to replace the old one, where the Pokémon battle for themselves, without receiving commands from the trainers (the player would control the Pokémon). This new battle mode would work completely in real time.

Add a new type, it would be called Echo Type, and would be the representation of the "sound type". Add a new eeveelution based on this type.

Add a new gimmick focused on abilities, and a new gimmick focused on items (like better "Battle Items").

From Let's Go, there would be the option of Pokémon following the player. Symbols for the types, but not the same as GO/Let's Go. A new mechanic to replace HMs similar to Let's Go's Secret Techniques, where they would not occupy a Pokémon's move slot (with Fly working like Soar). And there would not be a co-op mode in the main story, but there would be a specific place for this, where you could even connect with players online, and play various mini-games. It would be like a mix of Entralink and Festival Plaza, but in real time.

Region of Generation 9 inspired by China, and the game would be a proper open world.

Off-topic: Game Freak changes its business model, and now aims to slow the pace of the main series releases.

However, to continue to incite the community continuously as it has always done (especially competitive players), the games would now have continuously released DLCs, which would be totally free.

In order to stay with current profits, the company would produce spin-offs and new "side" games within the series (starting with Pokémon Quest and Pokémon Let's Go), as well as trying to produce other ips such as the recently announced "Town".

note: Although the company technically already produces other ips, they are produced through a "secondary" project, called Gear Project. But here, would be games produced by the main means of the company, with total focus, just like the Pokémon games are made.

Last edited:
In order to stay with current profits, the company would produce spin-offs and new "side" games within the series (starting with Pokémon Quest and Pokémon Let's Go), as well as trying to produce other ips such as the recently announced "Town".

Do you mean to say GameFreak will do more work for the same profits? Unlikely since they’re a business.

Do you mean to say GameFreak will do more work for the same profits? Unlikely since they’re a business.

Not necessarily. The main games should be much harder to produce. Spin-offs like Quest, for example, should take much less time, energy, people, and consequently less money to be produced, and yet can generate a positive return. If they use 1/5 of the resources used to produce a main series game, and receive at least 2/5 of the profit, it's already worth it.

Anyway, I specifically mean the enhanced versions. I think they will end up on Switch, see Kasumasa Iwao's response in an interview about USUM.

What the Nintendo president said today also lives up to the situation.

A post-game focused DLC can be a lot less costly to produce than a game review from the beginning.

So they could upgrade the main games with the DLCs in break years, and also launch spin-offs or side games, since they would not always be able to count on remakes.

I think they would be against releasing paid DLCs, at least for now.

It also has to do with quality, and with branding. Producing quality games for Switch should be much harder than produce for 3DS, and Game Freak is still expanding. And I think it will do well for the brand to take a break from the annual releases. More break years would do well, so they would have more time to polish even more the main games.

Last edited:
you know the quirks/abilities from heroes and villians from "my hero academia"?
Nomu(shock absorption-immune to contact moves) and Kurogiri(could be done immune to non contact moves) abilities done for new pokemon.(similar like shedinja but would need more hp and status that has no immunity to survive a little longer)

They could really do more related to sound and other kind of moves btween themselfs and past abilities relations in future.

Sound Palm-fairy-physical-power 80- could work like Force Palm

Last edited:
A post-game focused DLC can be a lot less costly to produce than a game review from the beginning.

So they could upgrade the main games with the DLCs in break years, and also launch spin-offs or side games, since they would not always be able to count on remakes.

I think they would be against releasing paid DLCs, at least for now.

It also has to do with quality, and with branding. Producing quality games for Switch should be much harder than produce for 3DS, and Game Freak is still expanding. And I think it will do well for the brand to take a break from the annual releases. More break years would do well, so they would have more time to polish even more the main games.
You know, that's actually a really good argument: because console games are generally harder an more time-consuming to make, Game Freak could just as easily add DLC to the initial pairs instead of re-releasing the old games as (a) brand new title(s) with the only major difference being added content. This wouldn't just save marketing cost and keep Game Freak from over-working themselves, but it also means more people will pay attention to their hard work without feeling like they wasted their time doing it (which was supposedly the reason the Battle Frontier got excluded from ORAS). In turn, this would give Game Freak the boost in morale and encourage them to add more content to their games in general.

Sounds like a win-win scenario to me! The only question now is whether or not Game Freak is willing to give us more content, even if it has to be relegated to DLC.

Add a new type, it would be called Echo Type, and would be the representation of the "sound type". Add a new eeveelution based on this type.

rather would want a rock type with large mouth and echo ability-"sound cave"(send back sound moves to oponent without getting self damage by them in the proces) ,

-more sound moves,
-physical sound moves and a sound entry hazard(could be fairy, ground type or ghost type)

Physical moves: Sound Palm(fairy), Thunder Dance(electric), Bell Hammer(steel), Noise Strings(psychic), Sound Stinger(bug-block oponet from using type based moves), Scream Slam(ghost-neutralizes oponents ability),
Toxic Rattle(poison), Double Drum(fighting), Fire Works(fire type version water shuriken)
Ringing rock(rock- copies power and effect of sound move used on the field last in battle changing it into a rock type move);
Sound Bomb(flying-effect causes flinching)

special sound moves: Combat Roar(fighting), Fear Scream(ghost- could block oponent from using moves from own type for 3 turns), Toxic Scream(poison- block oponent from using moves all other then it's own type for 3 turns)
Infernal Orchestra(fire type- could block oponent from using moves from own type for 3 turns)
Sand Scream(like in the mummy movie?)

pokemon that chage forms when infautated or during sleep.

a pokemon, maybe bug/ghost , arachnid (female) that would drain hp of all non-sleeping pokemon and restore hp to all that would be sleeping, more from those with vital spirit and when electric terrain is activated one thats ability would protect her from Darkrai.

Would be interesting if a pokemon during sleep would transform into a power house strong like Wishiwashi for 3 turns. (A Sleep Dance move-priority fairy that puts user to sleep?

and other pokes that when infautated, confused or flinched also change form and type but for the duration of those statuses.

-grass/ghost special attacker maybe with new ability: immunity to flying type moves?(a smoke creature pokemon also could work well or a sand, ground based one )

-a ghost type pokemon with Soundproof

Last edited:
-Full open world where you can go anywhere on the map and complete gyms in any order. To facilitate this, the trainer levels would scale based on how many gym badges you have.
-Following/Riding Pokemon is retained from LGPE and whichever Pokemon follows you can use their field move. Field moves can affect just about anything in the environment like BotW. You can cut down any tree, move or smash any boulder, climb any rock wall, etc. Here is a full list of field moves I would implement:

-Push: Can push boulders around like Strength in previous games.
-Break: Can smash boulders and fragile surfaces (such as cracked rock walls or ice walls) like Rock Smash in previous games.
-Cut: Can cut down trees. Cut trees can turn into logs that can be pushed around using Strength to use as bridges, or can be Cut a second time to be destroyed completely.
-Fly: Can soar above the map, allowing you to reach high ledges and explore the clouds to find Pokemon. Can only land in certain areas, such as cities, landmarks, clearings, and high places (this is to prevent it from making the exploration and puzzle solving too easy).
-Swim: Can travel on any water surface. Works exactly the same as Surf in every other game.
-Jet: Can swim against faster currents on water surfaces. This includes waterfalls, rapids, and currents such as the ones seen in Seafloor Cavern and Unova Rt. 17.
-Dive: Can swim underwater. Works like underwater swimming in most adventure games, the underwater sections are a continuous extension of the above water sections.
-Climb: Can climb any rocky surface. Some surfaces, such as smooth metal surfaces with no grips, cannot be climbed.
-Jump: Can jump up small ledges and across gaps.

If you do not have a Pokemon that has one of these field moves, you can choose to rent a Pokemon that does. These Pokemon do not battle with you and don't take up a slot in your team.

-More sidequests like in USUM, but with better rewards. Sidequests can be used to unlock things such as unique species of Pokemon, Pokemon with HAs, Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, etc.

-Full DLC. DLC will now take the place of third versions, opening up new areas, additional story arcs, new forms of Pokemon, and new facilities, features, and sidequests. You can choose to upgrade your original version with the DLC, or you could buy an upgraded version with the DLC built in. Mythicals will also be distributed through DLC, but along with them they would have Delta Episode-esque story arcs, and full dungeons to get to them that include bonus Pokemon not found in the base version.

Lots and lots of post-game content, like how we capture legendaries exclusive in one version in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom