• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6604.jpg

I hope for...

A fire/Fairy Pegasus or rabbit.
A Water/Flying flamingo which becomes a Water/Fighting Type in the final stage.
A Grass/Steel Starter.

The fire starter should be a fast special attacker with Greninja levels of speed. The flamingo could be a mixed attacker while the Grass/Steel Starter can be a tank.

'Relevant region' (the region in which the league takes place) and not 'home region'. It doesn’t mention the home region of the person at all.
The dub certainly mentions the term 'home league'. Since Dogasu's comparison doesn't highlight that as a difference from the original episode, I assume it wasn't a dub invention.

Still, with Lucian encouraging Ash to win the Sinnoh League in order to battle him, there is probably no bias against trainers from other regions.

He implies that we don't know what it is yet. Also, joe doesn't know anything, when I was watching a video about the pokemon direct the day before it on gamexplain, he was asked what he thinks the next games would be, he said kanto remakes. It turnes out we got USUM
Maybe too early?

Maybe too early?

Direct 2017 interview:
Which games do you expect?
Joe: Kanto Remakes.

Outcome: USUM.
"It was too early! Joe must've seen far back in the future!"

Direct 2018 interview:
Joe: Kanto Remakes

Outcome: Generation 8.
"It was too early! Joe must've seen the future plans!"

Direct 2020 interview:

Outcome: Kanto Remakes.
"OHHH JOE'S AN ALL-KNOWING LEAKER HE PREDICTED THE RELEASE IN 2017!!"

/s

And for the record the years and outcomes were random on my part and do not reflect my opinions on the subject

Direct 2017 interview:

Outcome: USUM.
"It was too early! Joe must've seen far back in the future!"

Direct 2018 interview:
Joe: Kanto Remakes

Outcome: Generation 8.
"It was too early! Joe must've seen the future plans!"

Direct 2020 interview:

Outcome: Kanto Remakes.
"OHHH JOE'S AN ALL-KNOWING LEAKER HE PREDICTED THE RELEASE IN 2017!!"

/s

And for the record the years and outcomes were random on my part and do not reflect my opinions on the subject
...This time however he's not the only one suggesting that next games won't be gen 8.

Last year a guy from Game informer said that after leaving GF he had the feeling that next games will be gen 1 remakes.
Nintendan said that next games will not be gen 8 and will be close to a remake of gen 1.
The Japanese leaker sent the rebootmon picture.
The Lapras leaked picture is in Kanto.
Paul Ryan said that nothing new is in the merchandise at the moment.
Merrick answered so many times to people saying that he doesn't think the games will be gen 8 for sure...and we know how he loves to play safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJK
I wouldn't cite the Japanese riddler since her reputation is sketchy, but the Chinese riddler also mentioned a reboot and later said that NintenDaan was reliable.

...This time however he's not the only one suggesting that next games won't be gen 8.

Last year a guy from Game informer said that after leaving GF he had the feeling that next games will be gen 1 remakes.
Nintendan said that next games will not be gen 8 and will be close to a remake of gen 1.
Merrick answered so many times to people saying that he doesn't think the games will be gen 8 for sure...and we know how he loves to play safe.
I think the reboot thing is more related to the story tbqh. I think we will get normal gen 8 and you can visit kanto in it

I think the reboot thing is more related to the story tbqh. I think we will get normal gen 8 and you can visit kanto in it

Pokémon doesn't really have an overarching Story in the games, just many seperate ones that sometime have characters show up to remind people: It's the same Universe, so rebooting the Story doesn't make much sense especially since Each Region has its own story anyway, so they can do whatever they want and not worry about the other Generations, as they always have.

A Reboot would make more sense for a return to a previous Region as they could theoretically Reboot that Region and its story, but this is assuming the Reboot rumours are true to begin with.

Yeah, we've got lots of hints this time.

I just found it funny that when Joe got something completely wrong, the question of 'He said it too early?' was raised. If it were any other random person who made the comment, their creditablity would've been hurt a lot.

I could live with the first two, but I'd like a generation with no starters being fighting or having a fighting theme of any sort. Let's just step far away from that type for a generation or two and come back to it later.

None of the Gen VII starters are fighting type, though I guess you could argue that Incineroar has a fighting theme to it (wrestling).

It doesn’t help that GameFreak doesn’t take any different approach to the fighting type when it comes to starters. It’s some variation of kicking, punching (or both). Incineroar was an outlier with its personality (and dark type), but I'd prefer a unique design. Anyone seeing Incineroar at a first glance wouldn’t think: "Oh great! A unique heel wrestler!" Their first thought is much more likely to be: "Fighting/Wrestling Tiger".

I'll gladly accept another fighting type if it’s a different take on fighting type and quadruped. A great example is the swords of justice, which are all quadruped and non-humanoid fighting types.
But knowing GameFreak, its very unlikely.
I wished and wished for an alternate Incineroar form which was quadruped and used whip-like flames to fight (like Mienshao's arms).

We've seen what GameFreak can do with Fire/Fighting for 10+ years, and it doesn’t give me much hope about any future Fire/Fighting Type. So the simplest option is to just stay away from that theme and type.

I feel like this thread should be closed until we have something to go on, it's been circling the same 3 conversations for along time now.

2018 or 2019
Gen 1 remake or gen 8
How long games freaks been working on it

Sometimes "hey guys look at this" then the reply
"Probably fake"/how are they creditable

Oh and the anime but that relates back to 2018 or later since we're using it to detrimine how much longer until we're done with Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom