• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this thread should be closed until we have something to go on, it's been circling the same 3 conversations for along time now.

2018 or 2019
Gen 1 remake or gen 8
How long games freaks been working on it

Sometimes "hey guys look at this" then the reply
"Probably fake"/how are they creditable

Oh and the anime but that relates back to 2018 or later since we're using it to detrimine how much longer until we're done with Alola

Don't forget 'will it be at E3 or not?'

None of the Gen VII starters are fighting type, though I guess you could argue that Incineroar has a fighting theme to it (wrestling).
Yeah, that's what I meant by "fighting theme." I'd like to get away from fighting and any resemblance to fighting-types for a couple generations because I think the theme in general has been overdone for starters and steering clear of it would give us a great deal more starter variety than giving us a wrestler and calling it dark.

I feel like this thread should be closed until we have something to go on, it's been circling the same 3 conversations for along time now.

2018 or 2019
Gen 1 remake or gen 8

Oh and the anime but that relates back to 2018 or later since we're using it to detrimine how much longer until we're done with Alola
The conversations may be getting tired at this point, but this is personally my best news resource for leaks and rumors regardless of what they mean and whether what comes up is definitely fake or legit. I find that analyzing the information and discussing what we all would like to see can be pretty fun, too, and honestly... @Unown Seer has a point, no one would benefit from closing the thread.

Repetitive though it may be, this thread is still more active than any other in this section. I don't think that closing it would do anyone a favor. Anyway:

I wonder if he's gotten that darn mystery eevee reveal yet. =/

He implies that we don't know what it is yet. Also, joe doesn't know anything, when I was watching a video about the pokemon direct the day before it on gamexplain, he was asked what he thinks the next games would be, he said kanto remakes. It turnes out we got USUM

Not to mention he was against the Gen 7 starters for a long time and kept dismissing them as fake lol

2018 or 2019
Gen 1 remake or gen 8

or you just can ignore it until we have news?

Lets hope the fire type will be a good

fire/ghost centaur, normal black horse+ arms and hands with upper body made of flames and smoke of its hair- special oriented with good special defense???
fire/steel minotaur- could have good sp.def and def
fire/fairy satyr goat Pan with sound moves and soundproof
fire/electric rabbit with a wicked moveset ??? like infernape and greninja a sweeper, trapper and hazard setter
fire/poison(4x-ground) or fire/ground(4x water) snake ? I think about Pikachu, Salazzle and Serperior with this one.
a fire/poison with Lighting rod? or fire/ground with corrosion? or something totally new?
a fire/poison with ability- that makes it immune to moves with: sand, rock, stone, spikes and mudd in their respective name could solve that problem really good. And give us something for standstorm teams.
and not a copy of Levitate
this one also could be fast like 106 speed if poison and maybe 125 if secondary ground? (4xwater)

Imagine a firestarter with 88 points in every stats?

what do you think we will get for new interesting abilities? or re-used with re-used types?
or change/buff/nerfs?
I hope Gale Wings will de-activate when below 50% of HP (100% is to harsh in my opinion)

-a ability that makes the user totally immune to moves that are boostet via the oponents abilities(like Sheer Force, Blaze, Pure Power,Huge Power, Swarm, Iron fist, Adaptability, Analitic and others)
- a ability for maybe a rock type to send back sound moves to oponent without taking damage from them
- a protective barrier like Disquise that activates after the user faints for one turn and protects the next-team mate after it on in double battle?
- a heart breaker ability that causes damage to pokemon under infautation every turn?
- a ability that hurts every turn all pokemon that are not sleeping : especially those with insomania, vital spirit, on electric terrain (bug/ghost with a lot of hp)
- a ability for a Druid like grass starter pokemon to summon one extra status and weather moves from its team mates every turn to its normal use moves(1 status from team + one of its normal moves)?
- a ability to hurt the oponent(1/4hp or 1/2hp) when he tries to trap the user via ability/move?(could see fire, electric name related to Nature Outburst-revenge to make more types could get it)
- ability that makes blade, cut, slash, sword moves get priority like Gale Wings
- a ability that makes head based moves get priority like Gale wings
- a ability that makes rolling, ball based moves get priority like Gale wings
- a immunity ability against puls moves
- a ability for a fire/ghost Starter that when entering battle makes te oponet loose on start of the battle so many hp points it took away other pokemon during the battle.(good for a slow pokemon)
- fire/steel starter with Water-proof (works like heat proof)
- a ability that freezes the opoent if it physically attacks the user
- a ability to make the user immune to steel type moves?(or buff Magnet Pull)
- more abilities to make pokemon immune to to dark, fairy, ghost, and flying moves?
- a switching ability that switches out the oponent?(Reverse Emergency Exit???could be by physical contact)
- magic proof(immune to magic moves in name: magic, hex, mystical, spell and so on)
- a form change related to the users sleeping stats like "schooling" with bigger stats when sleeps, when wakes-up reverts back
- a ability to induce sleep stats by contact when something hits the user directly (dragon/grass, rose-dorn with better stats in hp,def,sp.def , speed 100)

dark/psycic panther with restricted moveset and ability to be immune to all physical damage dealing moves and 1 defense point but 60hp and 75 sp. defense points

"fighting theme."

"fighting theme." doesnt need to be fighting if you think of it but would be neat to get a fighting immunity or resistance through ability... or better moveset.
Like Lurantis is grass type but immitates a bug type.
I imagine amazon(water/electric jaguar), battle-druid-paladin(grass/steel or grass/fairy, wolf, rabbit one could be a sword fighter the other could be having a stick and based on a monk) with diffrent typings then fighting...
but a water/fighting starter would need a really good theme
viking-bear

water/poison
hippo or platypus, I would choose the hippo, for great defense and offense physically, the oposite of Primarina , good egiptian motive and maybe a motor drive ability??? platypus feels not like a starter pokemon to me, a fast water/poison could work but would it be enough???

Last edited:
I would love a water/fighting starter. Have been hoping for one since gen V was announced.

water/fighting is a good offensive typing and if it would learn ice shard, aqua jet , mach punch, bullet punch it wouldn't need that much more speed then Poliwrath.
But would need to watch out for fairies, flying, grass, psychic, electric.
Probably physical oriented with good defense against flying and grass notably.

-if ice would resist water then ice would get the defensive buff it needed
- if water types that have no secondary ice typing could accidently get self-frozen when using special ice type moves especially during hail or rain and would miss a turn becuse the move would not do damage then that maybe interesting.
-grass resist fairy

Last edited:
I honestly don't believe any leak that comes, to be honest. Anyone can make a "leak" and everyone would make such a big deal about something that might not even come true. I know the Alola starters' evolutions were leaked well before they were officially revealed, but Game Freak and Pokemon have tighter securities this time around to make sure nothing seeps out. Remember that even the mention of Delta Emerald's trademark made the internet go crazy?

I honestly don't believe any leak that comes, to be honest. Anyone can make a "leak" and everyone would make such a big deal about something that might not even come true.

Yeah, gotta be careful with leaks, though I myself mostly try to remain neutral while treating things with reasonable scepticism, especially since one person could make it up and then a bunch of others could copy some details and then with lots of 'leaks' saying it, some more naïve minds would start to believe it, or maybe a true detail becomes muddied by such actions and people begin to doubt its credibility only for it to be Offical.

Take the Sri Lanka rumours and a 'French' leaker on 4Chan who posted the other day, his stuff seemed like absolute crap, but he uploaded an image with a Rainbow and Giovanni and a plateau-like formation I discovered to supposedly be The Sigiriya rock fortress…so ya know, guess where that is, which just goes to show an example of leakers latching onto details of other 'leaks'.

So we learned a few days ago, that there had been plans for a second evolution of pikachu called gorochu to appear in the first games, which i would actually like to see. If gamefreak added that for a potential reboot, correct me if i‘m wrong, wouldn‘t pikachu be the first pokemon to have 4 stages pichu>pikachu>raichu>gorochu

I always wished there would be a 4th stage for some pokemon or that at least the last stage should come not so early, especially for starters, because you often reach the last stage of your pokemon pretty early in the game and then go through with them till end and post game, so there aren‘t any suprises or changes in your team anymore, unless you swap your pokemon with other ones. I don‘t know but i always found that part a bit boring and a part of me always craved for another last form, not counting mega evolutions here. So what do you think would you like a 4th stage for some pokemon too, maybe some examples who would definitely deserve one, and should gamefreak go this route with next games, at least with starters?

Last edited:
So we learned a few days ago, that there had been plans for a second evolution of pikachu called gorochu to appear in the first games, which i would actually like to see. If gamefreak added that for a potential reboot, correct me if i‘m wrong, wouldn‘t pikachu be the first pokemon to have 4 stages pichu>pikachu>raichu>gorochu

I always wished there would be a 4th stage for some pokemon, especially for starters, because you often reach the last stage of your pokemon pretty early in the game and then go through with them till end and post game, so there aren‘t any suprises or changes in your team anymore, unless you swap your pokemon with other ones. I don‘t know but i always found that part a bit boring and a part of me always craved for another last form, not counting mega evolutions here. So what do you think would you like a 4th stage for some pokemon too, maybe some examples who would definitely deserve one, and should gamefreak go this route with next games, at least with starters?

It would def be fresh, if the evolution was unique in a sense it could be cool :)

I always wished there would be a 4th stage for some pokemon or that at least the last stage should come not so early, especially for starters, because you often reach the last stage of your pokemon pretty early in the game and then go through with them till end and post game, so there aren‘t any suprises or changes in your team anymore, unless you swap your pokemon with other ones. I don‘t know but i always found that part a bit boring and a part of me always craved for another last form, not counting mega evolutions here. So what do you think would you like a 4th stage for some pokemon too, maybe some examples who would definitely deserve one, and should gamefreak go this route with next games, at least with starters?

I think they would make it a branch instead to not completely destroy the metagame (Sun Stone evolution).

Honestly I could see them do what they did in many of the BW episodes. (I know I know...Let's not get too far into this hahaha) Where they had smaller tournament arcs. Each tournament was about a few episodes and they didn't need to go into crazy detail. They could do a small tournament arc where Ash faces his friends in a few battles. It would be like their graduation test or something from the Pokemon school. That way they don't need to dedicate too much time to a "tournament" before jumping to the Switch game content. It would honestly make a lot more sense then for there to all of a sudden be a tournament league pop up for Ash to take on. And it would give them plenty of time to wrap things up before jumping to the new series. Regardless of what the next game is about the anime can and will wrap up in whatever way it needs to. If it needs to wrap up by the end of the year to match when a game comes out then so be it.
I don't even think Alola will get its league arc since Ash is not super serious about battling like he was in the past.
Kukui mentioned a league in several episodes so it's happening.

To elaborate more on my starter predictions:

Grass:
Grass/Psychic
Native American/nature spirit theme
High Special Attack & Special Defense
Kind of like Trevenant but with Psychic abiltites instead of curses.

Fire:
Fire/Fairy
Fire Rabbit Pokémon (to continue the tradition of every Gen except II and VI having at least one starter based on a Chinese Zodiac animal)
Pretty balanced stats like Decidueye or Greninja and can use both Fire Blast and Play Rough well
Has kind of a Bugs Bunny-like trickster personality

Water:
Water/Fighting
Fish that eventually gains legs, a fighting stick, and a shaolin monk theme after it evolves
High Attack and Speed
Perfect foil to Incineroar, values wisdom and compassion in its Trainer, honor-before-reason approach to battles

Last edited:
Kukui mentioned a league in several episodes so it's happening.

Can you name off said multiple episodes where he significantly references the league? Because I'm having a hard time thinking of more than even one. I feel like he hasn't talked about it enough to make a big deal of it. There might be a league, but as it stands it doesn't seem like a huge deal. Like I said it could just end up being a friendly tournament between Ash and his friends. It doesn't have to be a full blown league like the other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom