• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to bring a rain cloud here, but Wally World Canada really screwed the pooch on the E3 lineup... And (not that this is definite NO) PKMN Switch is nowhere to be found....

At the VERY least, we are NOT getting a Switch title til after Metroid 4 and Smash release.

These listings mean absolutely nothing. The list is highly incomplete. MP4 likely isn't even releasing this year. Also notice how it's missing like a half dozen Switch games, such as Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Octopath, etc. If this list were to be believed we would only get two Switch games in Q3-Q4 2018 and get zero new announcements and ignore the promises of several other releases. Just look at their financial investors document to see that this is a small percentage of what to expect this year, and yet MP4 probably isn't even one of them. It's also Walmart. Nothing to see here.

So many feels with that episode... I can't.

Not to bring a rain cloud here, but Wally World Canada really screwed the pooch on the E3 lineup... And (not that this is definite NO) PKMN Switch is nowhere to be found....

At the VERY least, we are NOT getting a Switch title til after Metroid 4 and Smash release.

I have to agree with everybody else saying that list is incomplete and that it's not indicative of anything. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who refers to Wal-Mart with that name, I hate that place with a passion of a thousand burning Solgaleos.

That Walmart list also mentions Forza Horizon 5 when we don’t even have a no 4 yet to my knowledge lol. It seems to be mixing a few confirmed games with a fan want list or something slapped in.

While it is confirmed that the listing did go on the Walmart site before getting taken down and that screenshot is real based off the listing provided, the list contends itself specifically isn’t and doesn’t hold any credibility imo.

Still it was fun those titles got me hyped LOL

I wouldn't trust an incomplete list. Especially since the first half 2018 has been filled mostly by ports and indies.

What if pokemon switch is the legendary game that combines all regions and the kanto pic is just a part of it and we have yet too see the other regions lol

What if pokemon switch is the legendary game that combines all regions and the kanto pic is just a part of it and we have yet too see the other regions lol
XD Considering in an interview they went "eeeh, maybe not 40+ hours of gameplay," I'm gonna bet that this isn't gonna be a huge every-region game.

Can you even get 40+ hours out of a Johto game? What's the average hours of gameplay for a regular single-region game?

Edit: Apparently the average single-region game is ~20 hours of gameplay, so if they're iffy on it being a 40+ hour game, it's probably a single region game? Maybe two at most?

Last edited:
I’m back from a day on the Internet. People think it’s fake because the re leaker as I will call him said it was when he is just fake himself. People really need to know where this started and who started it, it isn’t confirmed fake yet. Btw I was talking about the new leak for E3.

Edit: Apparently the average single-region game is ~20 hours of gameplay, so if they're iffy on it being a 40+ hour game, it's probably a single region game? Maybe two at most

Really? I milk the games for what they're worth. Usually I get to about 40 in most of my campaigns.

Really? I milk the games for what they're worth. Usually I get to about 40 in most of my campaigns.
A Google search turned up 20 as the most common answer, so I figured that was a good rough average. XD But 40 hours still puts us at a single region being most likely with a second region being possible but probably not likely. Which was already the case, I figure, but now we have time reasons to support that guess. Definitely not a majorly multi-region game, at least.

I can't remember exactly how many hours I've put into a main series game, but in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness I put in roughly about 70 hours. That's catching and purifying all Shadow Pokemon, completing Mt. Battle, and defeating the first round of peeps in Battle Colosseum in the post-game.

I don't think that we'll get more than one region in the Switch games, but I'm also open to the idea of it being doable. The reason I say this is soley because of the Lapras screenshot. If it is real, then that tells me keeping the Gen 7 graphics and models on the Switch would more than likely provide enough space to put in more than one region.

I usually get 4-12 hours on average for my games across all gens

It extends into 30 + when you factor completing the dex and all battle facility stuff

I usually get 4-12 hours on average for my games across all gens
That's really short. I'd say that my average is around 25 hours and that's just focusing on the story and exploration (not every nook and cranny). It was about 28 hours for Sun (probably due to all the exposition), and just over 30 for HGSS (Kanto included). There is actually a Crystal hack where my time was over 40 hours; it has a fair bit of unique locations and events, but I doubt that explains the difference. I wouldn't expect (official) Kanto/Johto sequels to surpass 40 hours for the average player, at any rate.

took me 28 hours to beat pokemon moon first time, it's pretty decent
23 hours for ultra moon.

GF probably doesn't want to have the main campaign be too long because Pokémon has such a wide playerbase. Many Pokémon fans are little kids who are not allowed to play a lot at once or busy adults who simply don't have the time because of their jobs. If the campaign was over 40 hours long, it would take a very long time for them to finally complete the game. This raises the likelyhood of them getting bored and giving up or moving on to other games.

Balancing the total playtime is very important. That's why, because GF have kept the playtime mostly consistent throughout the years and achieved success with a playtime of about 20 to 30 hours long, I don't think the playtime for Pokémon Switch will be that much longer or shorter.

Well masuda already said that he don't think a main series game will be over 40 hours, he also said the games to be more story focused in the future.

Well masuda already said that he don't think a main series game will be over 40 hours, he also said the games to be more story focuesd in the future.
Masuda did say a lot of contradicting things in the past right? He always mislead people when he knew the questions is almost spot on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom