• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM074: The Big Old Thug is an Island King!?

I have never seen in fantasy for necrozma before, so far that I watched this right now, too bad that Lycanroc was been defeated against Nanu's Krookodile. But, this episode was awesome. Ash might win for the next 3 episodes.

So now Ash and his classmates know about the upcoming Pokémon League, and Ash and Kiawe are all fired up for it. Nice!

Can't wait for that Z-Move either, Jessie.

Wow, they were that close to each other, and yet Ash didn't see them? Okay.

So the Bewear distraction is still working. Good. The longer the better.

I wonder what Giovanni and Nanu talked about. Can't wait for the subtitles. Five bucks bet it's something related to Necrozma.

Oh, Poipole. Why must you be so adorable?

Nanu clearly noticed something unusual about Ash's Lycanroc and Poipole. Good, makes sense...

N'awww, them playing with all those Meowth was kinda cute and funny.

HOLY HECK!! ULTRA NECROZMA BUILDUP ALREADY?! DEFINITELY WASN'T EXPECTING THAT!! HECK YEAH!!

Acerola pulling the cute face to convince Nanu.

Still using Tackle? Well, hopefully not for long...

As guessed, Lycanroc goes berserk again. That's going to be the next big obstacle for Ash to overcome.

I didn't even know Krookodile could learn Counter. But yeah, an expected loss.

Man, Matori can be obnoxious. I can fully understand why Jessie hates her so much.

Next week, training with the lazy Legendary!

I have never seen in fantasy for necrozma before, so far that I watched this right now, too bad that Lycanroc was been defeated against Nanu's Krookodile. But, this episode was awesome. Ash might win for the next 3 episodes.
@BraixenFennekin
The upcoming fate is always been Ash winning all the way except only for the league.

So now Ash and his classmates know about the upcoming Pokémon League, and Ash and Kiawe are all fired up for it. Nice!

I wonder what Giovanni and Nanu talked about. Can't wait for the subtitles. Five bucks bet it's something related to Necrozma.

Nanu clearly noticed something unusual about Ash's Lycanroc and Poipole. Good, makes sense...

HOLY HECK!! ULTRA NECROZMA BUILDUP ALREADY?! DEFINITELY WASN'T EXPECTING THAT!! HECK YEAH!!

As guessed, Lycanroc goes berserk again. That's going to be the next big obstacle for Ash to overcome.

Man, Matori can be obnoxious. I can fully understand why Jessie hates her so much.

@FinnishPokéFan92
Yeah, definitely can't wait. Also according to Acerola. Not only Necrozma, Solgaleo and Lunala bought the light to Alola but it also created Ultra Beasts during in the ancient times. Which might be think that this Legendary pokémon did share a little bit with Arceus creating the whole Pokémon world with the creation of both legendary trio (Lake Guardians) & (Creation Trio). Except, it is the creator of both Cosmic duo & Ultra Beasts. But we will never know, until the sub came out.

• Alola League is going to happen, Satoshi and Kaki is going to join.
  • Sakaki is asking Kuchinashi about "Kagayaki-sama" (Lord of Brightness).
  • Kuchinashi is terrible at his job, leaving his post, don't open the phone calls, etc.
  • Necrozma is treated as some sort of god that brought light to Alola Region.

Last edited:
Alola League is going to happen, Satoshi and Kaki is going to join.
Sakaki is asking Kuchinashi about "Kagayaki-sama" (Lord of Brightness).
Kuchinashi is terrible at his job, leaving his post, don't open the phone calls, etc.
Wait, are you telling me Necrozma is coming? I never knew this day would come. The Alola League will happen after Ash's final Grand Trial at the Poni Island, probably. And to participate to the league, the trainer must have at least 6 Pokemon, having 2 or 4 doesn't count.

Wait, are you telling me Necrozma is coming? I never knew this day would come. The Alola League will happen after Ash's final Grand Trial at the Poni Island, probably. And to participate to the league, the trainer must have at least 6 Pokemon, having 2 or 4 doesn't count.
@radek.tadajewski.7
The expecting is already very obvious, you didn't see? Before, the episode 60 aired. The poster featuring all the Ultra Beasts including Nanu & Acerola debut. At the top, where we witnessing two forms (Dusk Mane & Dawn Wings). However, that plot will be begin right after the Ula Ula Arc is over.

@radek.tadajewski.7
The expecting is already very obvious, you didn't see? Before, the episode 60 aired. The poster featuring all the Ultra Beasts including Nanu & Acerola debut. At the top, where we witnessing two forms (Dusk Mane & Dawn Wings). However, that plot will be begin right after the Ula Ula Arc is over.
I'm looking forward to this Necrozma arc. I'm so excited.

I'm looking forward to this Necrozma arc. I'm so excited.
@radek.tadajewski.7
At the same time, I also wanted characters (Guzma & Plumeria or Anabel & Looker) debut and return as well. Because, I kinda doubt, Ash's Classmate won't be unable to handle many Ultra Beasts at once right after the Pokémon Shenlong unleashed it wrath through the whole region after what they did to him or it. You know the meaning.

So many smug!Nanu faces this episode... Even though it was a kind of foregone conclusion, the battle between Krookodile and Lycarrot was fun to watch. Hopefully next episode it'll learn to overcome its beserker problem with the help of Tapu Bulu.

So if Kiawe wants to enter the League, is he going to do the Island Trials off-screen? He already defeated Olivia but still has to do the other 3 Grand Trials as far as we know. I hope they won't pull an Alain and have him mention right before the League starts that he completed all the Grand Trials.

So, without subs I could gather:

- The league is coming and now everyone knows it. I think so far we have Kaki, Ilima an Gladio confirmed. I'm kinda hoping someone else from the class would join, maybe certain character with a Z-Ring :p
- Satoshi's heading to Ula-Ula to complete his trial, but I don't know if he skipped straight ahead to the Grand Trial from the beginning or if it was just Kuchinashi being himself.
- Sakaki calls Kuchinashi to talk about something related to Necrozma (referred to as "Kagayaki-sama")
- Kuchinashi is to some extent surprised by Bebenomu and Dusk-Lugarugan.
- Kuchinashi pulled some kind of trick on Satoshi to keep him busy, I think he told him to wait for someone else but I'm not sure.
- Acerola takes Satoshi and his pokémon to the library where we learn more about Necrozma ("Kagayaki-sama") I think it was responsible alongside Solgaleo and Lunala of bringing light lo Alola.
- Satoshi gets his butt kicked by Kuchinashi and almost cried.
- Acerola tells Satoshi about Kapu-Bulul (suggest to train with him?).

I don't know what's up with the TRiO this episode, though. Maybe they told Mattori about Necrozma and she was like "lol already knew that bye" or something, but it might have been something else.

So if Kiawe wants to enter the League, is he going to do the Island Trials off-screen? He already defeated Olivia but still has to do the other 3 Grand Trials as far as we know. I hope they won't pull an Alain and have him mention right before the League starts that he completed all the Grand Trials.
@Neo Blaze
So, Hau appearing soon then?

@Neo Blaze
So, Hau appearing soon then?
I don't think so, I think the writers would have introduced him by now if they wanted to. Then again, I didn't think Ilima would show up after not appearing before Hala's Grand Trial but here we are. So we'll see.

Also, I guess Kiawe has to catch 3 more Pokémon? (or 4, depending on if Charizard counts or not). Unless the League only consists of 2v2 or 3v3 battles (I sincerely hope not).

Watch him get a Charizardite X out of nowhere and one shot Ash's entire team at the league :p

Also, I guess Kiawe has to catch 3 more Pokémon?

Maybe he's going to use Pokémon from his farm?

Watch him get a Charizardite X out of nowhere and one shot Ash's entire team at the league :p
:eek:
Maybe he's going to use Pokémon from his farm?
The only Pokémon we know are at the farm are Miltank, Tauros, Mudbray and Herdier. I doubt he would use any of these at the League but who knows. Another possibility would be him borrowing Pokémon from his friends but that would frankly be pretty lame.

The only Pokémon we know are at the farm are Miltank, Tauros, Mudbray and Herdier. I doubt he would use any of these at the League but who knows. Another possibility would be him borrowing Pokémon from his friends but that would frankly be pretty lame.

Another option for the writers is eliminating him beforethey even reach the 6 vs 6 rounds, which would be pretty anticlimactic to be honest.

Just considering all the possibilities here.

Seeing the current situation, these are the Pokemon Kiawe might use for the league:
Turtonator
Charizard
Marowak
Tauros
Mudbray

He could get a Pokemon as a gift from his family as his sixth slot.

Last edited:
Another option for the writers is eliminating him beforethey even reach the 6 vs 6 rounds, which would be pretty anticlimactic to be honest.

Just considering all the possibilities here.

Seeing the current situation, these are the Pokemon I can see Kiawe using:
Turtonator
Charizard
Marowak
Tauros
Mudbray

He could get a Pokemon as a gift from his family as his sixth slot.
@PkmnTrainerV
Agreed. I also can't think of any thing for the sixth slot. Perhaps, family might give him Arcanine just like the in game that. He used against the player? If so, then it will be another a little bit of Nostalgia to see some old Pokémon return.

Let's not forget that Ash actually has a decent enough reason to keep Tackle around

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_j4pEa-RUU

For some reason this was the only clip that popped up, but Z-Move access is Z-move access

Kiawe firing all up makes it look like he will join the Alola League and that makes me so happy! I've always wanted one of Ash's friends to be part of the regional league. If this happens, I can probably expect him to have cleared his trials before meeting Ash or at most having only one grand trial to clear. And he needs probably 3 other captures as well.

I really love the fact that Acerola is the only "companion" here. I really like her and hopefully we will see more of her.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom