• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did they state 50 or in his fifties. Cause that would make way more sense.

Honestly i dont think the devolopers had specified ages in mind when designing the characters. Imo there's no way oak is that young in rby.
In DPPt, one of Rowan's assistants says that Rowan is 10 years Oak's senior, at least according to Bulbapedia. Rowan definitely says (about himself) that he's lived "60 long years." 50 also corresponds to the Celebi movie, where young Oak from 40 years ago is 10 years old.

Do note that he looked the oldest in the RGBY artwork; they de-aged him for GSC (in FRLG he looks fuller and happier). I think that I could buy GSC Oak being 50 if it weren't for his grandkids. We've probably given this more thought than Game Freak ever did.

I think the fantasy has taken over. It's too late. No one can make the game you want.

So in the last gap year (2015), Super Mystery Dungeon was announced about 10 days from now. So something is going to be coming soon (main or spin-off).

There's nothing for Ash to do in Kanto. He's beaten all of the gyms already.

You're just assuming the hypothetical Kanto game is going to be a 1:1 remake with gym leaders.
And before you say "this doesn't pander nostalgia" maybe the idea is not pandering it at all, just going back to Kanto 22 years later for another different adventure.

There's a lot they can do if they go back to Kanto, not the same thing again.

You're just assuming the hypothetical Kanto game is going to be a 1:1 remake with gym leaders.
And before you say "this doesn't pander nostalgia" maybe the idea is not pandering it at all, just going back to Kanto 22 years later for another different adventure.

There's a lot they can do if they go back to Kanto, not the same thing again.
But that would require a massive timeskip in the anime too. I don't think that's gonna ever happen.

But I don't think that the characters will age 22 years in a matter of months.

I doubt there are going to be many characters with this issue. Professor Oak doesn’t need to be changed much, and there will be most probably a new cast of characters.

I was just talking in hypotheticals and examples. A writer who's paid to write an anime can figure out much better alternatives.

The only ones that would look visibly older in the games are Misty and to a lesser extent Brock (we've seen Red and Blue already), and the anime would ignore that just as it always has. The other characters would look different, but not to the extent of looking out of place next to Ash (who has a fluctuating age appearance-wise, anyway).

But that would require a massive timeskip in the anime too. I don't think that's gonna ever happen.

You're making a valid point here, though.
The anime would handle things a little different, but I think it wouldn't bee too hard. Game Freak can always add new characters to the Kanto games, probably.

I don't think it would be hard at all as Game Freak probably wouldn't make the young adults like Erika and Sabrina (who is likely to retire) look much older even in the event of a 15-year time skip. There is a meme about Japanese people not aging until they hit 50-60 (I guess the change happened all at once for Oak at 47). The anime has also de-aged characters such as Serena and arguably Misty and Brock in Johto.

And yes, there are likely to be new characters.

Last edited:
Piuk is back, and he’s implying the region is basically a post-apocalypse Kanto.

He’s not even trying to sound real anymore, considering he originally hinted at a new region.

I think all his rumors in the OP should be put in the fake category.

Last edited:
Piuk said:
“ Hundreds of years ago, this submerged town gave birth to one of the most famous trainers of all times. It’s name was Pallet Town.”
Honestly what does that mean, It could be postgame, but it is unlikely. It is a shame since I really liked Piukleaks
The snake in kanto? What?http://i.********/vp/1525970940663.jpg

welp, only month left before we get our answer about 2018/9 release
even tho i think at this point it's pretty much 2019

Possibly, but Nintendo of recent has announced brand new unknown games just a few months before they released. Metroid Samus Returns was a big deal to its fan base because we haven’t had a proper Metroid game in 7 years and a side scrolling Metroid in 13 years. A return of Metroid was a big deal and they announced it just a few months before it was slated for release, on tree house of all places.

While Pokémon is more unlikely for this it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Stay hopeful!!

Yeah...you dun goofed. 100 years doesn't change things that much. Not unless you used Kyogre to invoke Wind Waker on Kanto.

EDIT: Oh, hundreds. ....still no. I'm not an expert on ancient geography, but I am fairly certain you can't sink an entire land.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom