• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting interesting. I'm definitely on #Team2018 now.

Even though Corocoro didn’t show anything, I’m still gunning for the 15th.

Emily has gotten plenty stuff wrong in the past but as mentioned by someone earlier, she has been right too + resetera admins are known to have sources/be in the know for these sort of things. They also tend to know when directs are incoming. In another thread talking about why the game wouldn't be a 2018 release, another admin implied a 2018 release.

In terms of the gen 8/gen 7 stuff, I think it's just meant that regardless of if the game is on a new engine or not, it wont feature new starters/legends/region/pokemon/etc. Joe explained his stance and his perrsona definition of a new gen includes those things.

Another interesting thing is when discussion of how long after the first switch game, we'd see our traditional gen 8, she mentioned "what if gamefreak has multiple switch projects in development?" Also seems like Joe thinks we wont be waiting till 2020 till gen 8.

Just thought it was worth bringing up. If, and on the tiny chance (imo) if 2019 somehow ends up not being a gap year. My theory is that the ideas for "stars" ended up staying on the 3DS, and they took the actual stars project and retooled it into a kanto game. If this is the case then maybe the switch game we're getting is literally meant to be a filler game while the actual gen 8 switch game is still being worked on for a late 2019 release.

the stars rumor already showed that gamefreak was willing to do a mid-gen hardware jump, and it seems like the next main series game might actually be that.

Emily has gotten plenty stuff wrong in the past but as mentioned by someone earlier, she has been right too + resetera admins are known to have sources/be in the know for these sort of things. They also tend to know when directs are incoming. In another thread talking about why the game wouldn't be a 2018 release, another admin implied a 2018 release.

In terms of the gen 8/gen 7 stuff, I think it's just meant that regardless of if the game is on a new engine or not, it wont feature new starters/legends/region/pokemon/etc. Joe explained his stance and his perrsona definition of a new gen includes those things.

Another interesting thing is when discussion of how long after the first switch game, we'd see our traditional gen 8, she mentioned "what if gamefreak has multiple switch projects in development?" Also seems like Joe thinks we wont be waiting till 2020 till gen 8.

Just thought it was worth bringing up. If, and on the tiny chance (imo) if 2019 somehow ends up not being a gap year. My theory is that the ideas for "stars" ended up staying on the 3DS, and they took the actual stars project and retooled it into a kanto game. If this is the case then maybe the switch game we're getting is literally meant to be a filler game while the actual gen 8 switch game is still being worked on for a late 2019 release.

the stars rumor already showed that gamefreak was willing to do a mid-gen hardware jump, and it seems like the next main series game might actually be that.
That would be the worst idea GF has ever had. After how usum were received people will go mad with another game like that. If it's Kanto better be an original game created for the switch (not saying it could not be a remake, just not another 3ds alola game in kanto). People are expecting the world from these games but I think they can stand a 1:1 remake of kanto (a lot will be disappointed anyway) but a 3ds alola game recreated in Kanto would be too much for anyone. They could have made 2018 a gap year and fully dedicated to next gen.

That would be the worst idea GF has ever had. After how usum were received people will go mad with another game like that. If it's Kanto better be an original game created for the switch (not saying it could not be a remake, just not another 3ds alola game in kanto). People are expecting the world from these games but I think they can stand a 1:1 remake of kanto (a lot will be disappointed anyway) but a 3ds alola game recreated in Kanto would be too much for anyone. They could have made 2018 a gap year and fully dedicated to next gen.
I agree with you. There will be extreme backlash if GF decides to make 2 filler games in a row. The anime will also suffer as well, with the writers forced to drag out SM for another year with a filler arc.

The anime will also suffer as well, with the writers forced to drag out SM for another year with a filler arc.
I mean, that’s nothing unusual for the anime. Remember the Orange islands? Or the battle frontier arc? Or the Decolore islands?

It can still be an original game featuring kanto without being a 1:1 remake, although it doesn't need to introduce new pokemon. It doesn't have to be an obvious filler sorta thing. I probably should've worded my post better.

I do think 2 filler games in a row would be a bad idea but it's evident that Nintendo has been pressuring gamefreak to move to the switch so I can see this game existing solely for that purpose.

LMAO at Masuda being hesitant to say anything about Pokemon Switch.

Like, he knows everyone knows about it, he should have said something about it to set some minds at ease, other that "go buy a Switch if you don't have one yet".

Like, I'm not buying one until these games are officially revealed, Masuda.

I need a reason to go spend $300+ on a new console.

LMAO at Masuda being hesitant to say anything about Pokemon Switch.

Like, he knows everyone knows about it, he should have said something about it to set some minds at ease, other that "go buy a Switch if you don't have one yet".

Like, I'm not buying one until these games are officially revealed, Masuda.

I need a reason to go spend $300+ on a new console.
I don't think that a Kanto remake will provide that incentive. A new gen will work much better in that department because it was built with the Switch's hardware in mind.

I don't think that a Kanto remake will provide that incentive. A new gen will work much better in that department because it was built with the Switch's hardware in mind.
I personally would rather have a new gen than another Kanto game, but come on. It’s still Pokemon. I’m sure tons of people would still buy a switch for that.

First leaked screenshot:
images
Really?

I personally would rather have a new gen than another Kanto game, but come on. It’s still Pokemon. I’m sure tons of people would still buy a switch for that.
But, there will be no new Pokemon, no new region, etc. The only reason that people will buy a Kanto remake is for nostalgia.

But, there will be no new Pokemon, no new region, etc. The only reason that people will buy a Kanto remake is for nostalgia.
A Kanto remake isn't a totally new game but it's still going to sell a lot because nostalgia. Many people miss the original 151 Pokemon.

Many people miss the original 151 Pokemon.
Who?

What chance have we had between the original 151's introduction and NOW to actually miss these Pokemon?

Because TBH they've all been readily available for the past 22 years and there's been nothing but pandering to them and Kanto in general every year since the series introduction.

IMO, it's time to take a fucking break from Bulbasaur-Mew.

And for what reason would people buy sinnoh remakes? because of nostalgia and not only that, but just because it so happened to be kanto you are biased, it's just your opinion. I am not tired of Kanto, actually I am excited and im not going to let you kill the hype for me

Who?

What chance have we had between the original 151's introduction and NOW to actually miss these Pokemon?

Because TBH they've all been readily available for the past 22 years and there's been nothing but pandering to them and Kanto in general every year since the series introduction.

IMO, it's time to take a fucking break from Bulbasaur-Mew.
Genwunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom