• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did promote the 3DS before XY's release a bit, but still I need some major incentive to drop $300 on a Switch, and the Nintendo direct really didn't sell anything to me but Smash Bros.

So what makes me want to go buy a Switch right now? The possibility of a Pokemon game some time in the future? Nah, I'll wait. My roommate has a Switch and we have Arms, BOTW and Pokken. And the console gets used a max of 3 times a month for about 20 minutes each time. It's basically collecting dust.

So yeah, Masuda. Try again. Tell us about the damn games already.

I could care less when it's released, as long as it's finished and appealing enough for me to dish out money to buy a whole new system. Time won't matter if they don't spend it wisely and concentrate on making the game finished and fleshed out.
If you're only buying a console for one game don't buy it. I bought my switch about a year ago and yes for Pokemon but also I've tried out several games and enjoyed them so far, so buy a switch and try some of the games, I havent been disappointed yet.

Anyone else think that Masuda avoiding the subject of the switch game means 2019 release?

Not really, it's likely because he's limited on what he can say before the announcement of the titles are made. If it was coming out in 2019, it would be very weird for him to tell people "go buy a Switch" if it was another year off from now. He's fully aware that the hype is real and that it's been ongoing for the past 11 months.

I am going to avoid reading anything from the "go buy a Nintendo" comment. I'm just going to take it as a shameless plug for the Nintendo Switch.

He did promote the 3DS before XY's release a bit, but still I need some major incentive to drop $300 on a Switch, and the Nintendo direct really didn't sell anything to me but Smash Bros.

So what makes me want to go buy a Switch right now? The possibility of a Pokemon game some time in the future? Nah, I'll wait. My roommate has a Switch and we have Arms, BOTW and Pokken. And the console gets used a max of 3 times a month for about 20 minutes each time. It's basically collecting dust.

So yeah, Masuda. Try again. Tell us about the damn games already.

Did you ever think to consider that at the moment he's likely limited in what he's allowed to say about the games? Even as one of the GF bigwigs, it's still a business and he can't just divulge things willy-nilly at certain times.

Did you ever think to consider that at the moment he's likely limited in what he's allowed to say about the games? Even as one of the GF bigwigs, it's still a business and he can't just divulge things willy-nilly at certain times.
Well no, but I think their point is that it will take more than him just saying "Go buy a Switch" to convince anyone to buy one without any incentive at the moment. Because I'm in the same boat- there isn't a single game that has sold me on buying one yet, and I'm not going to drop $300 on a console "just in case." So... Pokemon please hurry up already and give us a game changer here. XD

Of course I did.

But that's not the point, really. See quoted below.

Well no, but I think their point is that it will take more than him just saying "Go buy a Switch" to convince anyone to buy one without any incentive at the moment. Because I'm in the same boat- there isn't a single game that has sold me on buying one yet, and I'm not going to drop $300 on a console "just in case." So... Pokemon please hurry up already and give us a game changer here. XD
This is a perfect response, I couldn't have said it better, myself.

It's probably best to buy one now than wait until later
I disagree. The longer I wait, the more chance the price has to drop, or to find the Switch on sale.

This is a perfect response, I couldn't have said it better, myself.

I disagree. The longer I wait, the more chance the price has to drop, or to find the Switch on sale.
The console is hot and it keeps burning with every new announcement.
That and historically Nintendo usually never cuts down their prices especially given this consoles claim to fame

That and historically Nintendo usually never cuts down their prices especially given this consoles claim to fame
That's a completely inaccurate statement. Nintendo consoles have always seen price reductions and sales. Especially after 2 years, everything goes down. The GameCube did. The Wii and WiiU did. All of the Gameboys and DS's did. So will, the Switch. It's foolish to think otherwise, tbh. Every video game console on every platform goes down in price after a little while. Because the hype for it dies down.

The console is hot and it keeps burning with every new announcement.
There's always a point where the prices drop. If there's nothing worth buying it while it's brand new, then it doesn't hurt to wait until the "get this off our shelves please" discounts come in or people start selling theirs secondhand for cheap.

The only harm comes if you wait for many years when the console is no longer produced or readily available that it becomes a "classic" and the prices skyrocket back up again.

And this means?
Another fun-filled day of

153829d9d5733f9a9add4f5454b96ec30a151212ce88ff15ce8eae63a5f4bc4c.jpg

Hope those USUM fans had fun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom