• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'd still rather see Masuda as the director of the Switch game over Ohmori. The Alola games as a whole just left a bad taste for me, so I'd rather not see Ohmori as the director for the Switch game. However, unlikely as it is, ideally I would like either Morimoto or Unno to be the lead directors since they are responsible for HGSS and BW2 respectively, which are the 2 best games imo.
This, I would hate for Ohmori to create another game since he was responsible for the worst generation by far (gen7), I don't mind Masuda as all his games have been good.

I'm just hoping they don't make the Switch Pokemon game have long, drawn out tutorials like the Gen 7 did. It shouldn't take me 30 minutes to move along to my journey.
They should add a skip option tbh. Less dialogue and cutscenes in general would also be nice.

I liked the gen 7 games but i felt like i was interrupted every 10 seconds by someone.

I've stopped caring about unskippable tutorials. They've just become a fact of life when playing the games now. I mean I do give SUMO/USUM credit that they made them more integrated then the past generations so they don't take you out of the story.

But what I want out of the new games is to have all pokemon available and stop hiding them behind trials or whatever challenge will take over for gyms and trials in the new gen. That was the one thing I hated about the Gen VII games. A lot of pokemon I wanted for my teams weren't able to be caught until you did the island challenges because they only exist in the trial areas.

Then who is direcring pokemon switch?
Most likely Ohmori. He pretty much is Masuda's replacement for directorships now. And he was not directing USUM, only in a producer role. If its not Masuda it will be Ohmori

Wow the hate for gen 7 is unreal today. Seriously I will never understand why people don't like sun and moon.

That being what it is if you are of the opinion that gen 7 sucked I wouldn't worry too much about the director. A lot of the gens had the same director and still turned out very different. And people learn as they get used to a new roll. And if Pokemon switch is a gen 1 revisit it's fully possible they will go for that gen 1 feel and go for minimum tutorial anyways. And a lot of other gen 1 elements that people love as well.

Guess tomorrow we find out if we’re getting a direct this week.. -crosses fingers extra tight-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom