• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia - Book 1: Water Chapter 10 - The feeling is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stalked people and some had their last connection a couple hours ago. I don't think we're going to be able to gather reads on everyone else unless the majority of them post something relevant in the next 10 or so hours.

VOTE: Pika_pika42

I don't like that they were active in the forums four hours ago but didn't bother to address Elementar's question or my post regarding them :p (yeah, I'm a stalker).

Confirming. Do we still do that? It's been a while since I've been here. :p Give me a moment to catch up on the small amount of things that have happened.

Update: we do confirm! Good.

Let's start it with a joke vote.
VOTE: Elementar
God damn your avatar bothers me so much.

HD is being HD I see. Quite aggressive & attempting to create discussion. I dig it.

You're going to call someone out without knowing why you're calling them out? I don't understand at all. This sentence is more suspicious to me than everything that HD has said.

That's all for now.

I think we've moved past the joke voting stage... Especially if Ciantro is mafia. If that was to be true, Ciantro can just add to the wagon and tie votes. (On a side note, why does my avatar annoy you?)

If you have suspicions on Soulmaster, why don't you vote for them and put some pressure on.

I really do like Zyar at the moment. Towniest read I have. (And being a stalker in mafia is a good thing :D)

If my vote's reasoning is weak, how is it an easy lynch?
I didn't say that your reasoning was weak. Just felt it was an impulsive vote. At the time of your vote, not much had happened so I felt you voting the first person making the joke vote a bit rash and trying for an easy lynch. But if your intention was to generate discussion and gather reactions, it worked splendidly. Your further posts also look much better.

He doesn't seem to be wanting to make any compromises in this post. He doesn't say if he agrees with the vote or disagrees. He basically says "it could be that or this, let's just keep an eye on them" and then, when talking about HumanDawn's vote, he once again seems reluctant to decide on something. He's basically saying: "you could be trying for an easy lynch or you could be joking too".

It seems to me like he doesn't want to directly go after anyone, so he doesn't attract attention on themselves. And he doesn't want to directly support anyone either to avoid being paired up with scum.

Also, I'm going to keep an eye on Pika. They seem to be trying to take a neutral stance and just presenting both sides of the argument without taking one so someone else can create an argument for him to jump on. This is basically what Zyar said, but @Pika_pika42, do you have an opinion on HD?

One thing I have learnt while playing Mafia is to look at all directions and situations from different angles before making any judgement. I was just weighing my options and trying to get a look at what could be the reason behind the respective posts.

I found HD a bit impulsive initially but their further posts are better and looks like an honest attempt at scum-hunting.

I don't like that they were active in the forums four hours ago but didn't bother to address Elementar's question or my post regarding them :p (yeah, I'm a stalker).
Yes. I was online before for some time but I didn't have much time to reply here. I was visiting some other forum. If you are voting me for not answering the questions asked to me despite being active, I would like to inform you that I had not even seen the game at that point of time as I was busy elsewhere. I have now provided responses for the questions asked to me.

I just stalked people and some had their last connection a couple hours ago. I don't think we're going to be able to gather reads on everyone else unless the majority of them post something relevant in the next 10 or so hours.
I would like to point out for the sake of myself and others that being online doesn't mean you have time to post. Sometimes I log on to check something real quick, or someone sends me a link I should see. It shows me as online but that doesn't mean I'll have time to stop by here, read through and reply.

Ok so, just goin' through what I see:

Cilantro isn't really anything to write home about. It was the first post, and a pretty obvious joke at that.
HD did kinda jump a bit hard on Cilantro, but from what I can remember that's somewhat normal for her. A few Townie Points for trying to get serious mode started though.
Zyar is lookin' really good right now. Making a good hunt for potential scum.
Ah, I missed HD :)

I can tell not many of you have played with them before. Thanos is right. HD's getting reactions to get better reads on people. So I think it's a perfectly acceptable reaction. HD is a power player. This is what they do.

I'm quite wary of noworry tbh. I think if Ciantro is mafia than it's likely nowo is too. Nowo just tried to dismiss Ciantro's case as nothing and comment on nothing else. It has a forced tone to me, as though they're trying to protect a team member.

Also, I'm going to keep an eye on Pika. They seem to be trying to take a neutral stance and just presenting both sides of the argument without taking one so someone else can create an argument for him to jump on. This is basically what Zyar said, but @Pika_pika42, do you have an opinion on HD?

@Cilantro, why did you answer HD's question to Soulmaster about jumpiness? Right now, I don't find you scummy for the host vote (primarily anyway), but your responses to other posts.

VOTE: Cilantro

We need a lynch this phase, and I don't want someone tying up the votes later. Do you think there is someone else we could be going for?
This... This feels all sorts of wrong. Cilantro has done nothing to warrant a lynch at this point, could you not take a look and see if anybody else deserved a lynching right now? Honestly you're looking the worst to me at the moment.

Vote: Elementar

Let's start it with a joke vote.

HD is being HD I see. Quite aggressive & attempting to create discussion. I dig it.

You're going to call someone out without knowing why you're calling them out? I don't understand at all. This sentence is more suspicious to me than everything that HD has said.

475.gif

UNVOTE: Cilantro
VOTE: Zachie

If what I was doing was normal for me and you liked it, why do you say that what Soulmaster said is more suspicious than everything I have said? That heavily implies that I've done something you find suspicious, but that's not what you've said a few sentences prior.

If what I was doing was normal for me and you liked it, why do you say that what Soulmaster said is more suspicious than everything I have said? That heavily implies that I've done something you find suspicious, but that's not what you've said a few sentences prior.
That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm referring to others finding you suspicious and comparing that to my suspicions of him.

I didn't say that your reasoning was weak. Just felt it was an impulsive vote. At the time of your vote, not much had happened so I felt you voting the first person making the joke vote a bit rash and trying for an easy lynch. But if your intention was to generate discussion and gather reactions, it worked splendidly. Your further posts also look much better.

I consider easy lynches to be based on little evidence but are safe to go for. If it was an impulse vote, how do you think it would have been safe? We may be referring to something by the same name but with a different meaning in our minds.

That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm referring to others finding you suspicious and comparing that to my suspicions of him.

That makes a lot more sense, though I didn't think it was clear.

UNVOTE: Zachie

gonna reread the thread a bit

Accusing someone straight of being Mafia, especially so early is hardly a "bit" jumpy. Are you afraid of calling me out so you don't get on my bad side?
I never called you Mafia, I just said you were jumpy. Yes you were trying to get reads as someone said, but was still a bit jumpy imo. And no HD, I'm not afraid of getting on your "bad side," not afraid of anyone here.
It's not that I don't know why I'm calling HD out, it's more of I don't know what the jumpiness means, whether it's scum or town trying to get stuff done.

From what has been posted since then I'm leaning slightly more town, but not enough for a firm reading.

I would like to point out for the sake of myself and others that being online doesn't mean you have time to post. Sometimes I log on to check something real quick, or someone sends me a link I should see. It shows me as online but that doesn't mean I'll have time to stop by here, read through and reply.

It's interesting how you've only had time to respond to defend yourself, though, apart from that first in-game post where you said you thought Cilantro's joke was funny, not suspicious.

Unvote: Pika_pika

Anyway, if I really thought everyone's suspicious for not posting here, I would've been voting half the players. Actually, I made that post thinking we only had 10 hours left of the Day Phase and how it stinked that it seemed we wouldn't hear from everyone. It wasn't am accusation to everyone... Just towards Pika_pika.

And besides, everyone can pull the "I was busy" card, town or scum. Doesn't mean some of them aren't lying, doesn't mean we're instantly going to let them off the hook.

I never called you Mafia, I just said you were jumpy. Yes you were trying to get reads as someone said, but was still a bit jumpy imo. And no HD, I'm not afraid of getting on your "bad side," not afraid of anyone here.

Oh my god, are you not afraid of anyone because you're a bulletproof mafia and therefore don't have anything to worry about?!! OMG!!!11!!

Vote: Soulmaster

Unvote

Anyway, jokes aside. I guess we know decide our sacrifice. We have like... 3 hours left? I think Elementar has the most votes right now.

Elementar looks to be playing as her usual scum playstyle, like she did in Superhero mafia, and HxH mafia.
So I don't want to make the same mistake I made last game.

Chapter 2 - The Avatar has returned

Day 1 has ended.
Votals:
Elementar (3) - Lone_Garurumon, Thanos

Cilantro (1) - Elementar
jdthebud (1) - HumanDawn

Chapter 2 - The Avatar has returned

Arriving in the Earth Kingdom, Team Avatar was tasked with finding teachers for Aang so that he could master all the elements and become a proper Avatar. They searched in the first few towns that they came across, but to no avail. The team was in a down mood. Aang had an idea to cheer up.
"Hey guys, why don't we go to the Southern Air Temple. I grew up there and I want to show you how cool it is!"
"I'm not sure about that Aang, you that the Fi..." Sokka got interrupted by Katara who punched him in the back.
"That is a good idea." said Katara, "Perhaps we can learn something there on how to find a new teacher. They must have a lot of knowledge in there."
"Oh definitely, " said Aang happily, "My air bending teacher, Monk Gyatso can help us with that!"

Aang jumped up on his air bison, ready to go.
Sokka looked worried towards Katara.
"You what we'll find there right?"
"I do," said Katara, "but he can't be hidden from the truth forever. Just try to make sure that we bring the news to him slowly. I don't think he knows that he has been in the iceberg for a 100 years."

The gang arrived at the Air Temple.
"Hello!" shouted Aang.
"Anybody home?!"

... But no one came.

Aang was eager to meet his friends again. So, as a typical airbender, he rushed off in order to find them. Too fast for the siblings, they eventually caught up.

... It was too late. Aang found the dead body of his former master and friends.
"Aang?" asked Katara. "Are you alright? I'm sorry we didn't tell you..."
As she put her hand on his shoulder, Aang turned around with a glow in his eyes. His Avatar State has been activated!

Throughout temples across the world, shrines started to glow.

The avatar has returned and the world knew all about him now...

Elementar has been lynched
Dear Elementar, you are Aang.
AvatarLastAirbenders_944600-Avatar._V392939154_RI_SX940_.jpg

After hearing that you were the Avatar, a bender of incredible power that is capable of bending all the elements, you ran away from your home, the southern Air Temple, and got stuck in an iceberg. After being stuck for 100 years you were finally found by Sokka and Katara. During that time the Fire Nation attacked the world and murdered every other Airbender alive.

Because of your connection to all previous Avatars, you are the 2x Avatar Oracle. During the Night Phase you can ask the hosts a question about the game which can be answer with yes or no. Questions must be able to be answer after setup creation, but before role assignment. F.e. you can’t ask: “Is X mafia?” You can do this twice but not in the same night. To ask a question use Contact previous incarnation: [Question].

You are aligned with Team Avatar and win when all opposing factions are eliminated.
Elementar has been lynched, they were 2x Avatar Oracle

It is now Night 1, phase will end in roughly 24 hours.

Last edited:
Elementar looks to be playing as her usual scum playstyle, like she did in Superhero mafia, and HxH mafia.
So I don't want to make the same mistake I made last game.

Firstly, I am male. Secondly, you can't keep using meta as reasoning on me when you haven't really seen me play as town. And I'm not really sure how I appeared to be looking scummy anyway... :(

Oh well. I also seem to get votes when I'm sleeping xD Thanks to @DarthWolf and @CheffOfGames for hosting.

Good luck town!

We lost the Avatar?? :(
Sorry for disappearing, I was quite busy yesterday with Mother's Day stuff.

Why did you just unvote? If you were looking for who to vote, why have you not voted anyone else? What did you think of Cilantro?

VOTE: jdthebud
I obviously unvoted because it was a joke vote. As for Cilantro, he's neutral in my view, though I would like to see a response from him to Elementar's question of him.

Chapter 3 - My Cabbages!

Night 1 has ended.

Chapter 3 - My Cabbages!

As the lights from the shrines diminishes Sokka and Katara notice something on the horizon coming towards them fast, a Fire Nation battleship! They must have noticed the lights.
Katara goes towards Aang and grabs his shoulder, shaking him slowly as to wake him from his sleep.
“Come on Aang, we have to go.” she says, and it seems to calm Aang down.

They quickly return to Appa and get on, but suddenly a Winged Lemur jumped on. Not having enough time to get him off they just accept him being there and get ready to fly away.

“Everybody ready?” Aang asked Sokka and Katara, ”Okay then, yip yip, Appa.” and they were off.
“So where are we actually going?” asked Sokka, expecting to find a reassuring answer from Aang, since he was flying Appa.
But it was Katara who spoke up, “I think we should go to Omashu, it is high in the mountains of the Earth Kingdom so the Fire Nation Navy should not be able to approach easily.”
Aang responded happily, “Oh yes, I used to go there all the time to visit my friend Bumi, we used to ride the mail system there, that was fun.” and off they were.

Once they arrived at Omashu they notice that they were not able to shake the battleship from their tail and they get ready to fight them off if need be. The Fire Nation troops come through the gate and most of them seem like regular soldiers except for one of them, that guy seemed like a teenager but he had a scar over his left eye.
“There he is! Capture him.” the teenager said and threw a fireball
As Team Avatar defends themselves they try and fight them off with all they can, fireballs fly around, water is being splashed in faces, helmets turn on the head of the soldiers from being hit by blasts of air and sometimes there was a boomerang flying around.
Team Avatar was a bit overwhelmed by the strength of the soldiers and slowly but surely had to retreat to the smaller streets and alleys. As they were almost in the clear they suddenly heard a shout coming from somewhere.

“MY CABBAGES!”

Soulmaster has been killed
Dear Soulmaster, you are the Cabbage Guy.
latest
Cabbage Guy said:
MY CABBAGES!!

As the international merchant of cabbages you are known far and wide for comical relief… Wait how did this happen again?
Oh yeah, everywhere you go your cabbages happen to get destroyed by fights happening all over the place, most notably happening because Team Avatar and the Fire Nation are fighting. Again...

Therefore, you are the unlucky Lightning Rod. During the night you can attract all targeted actions towards yourself. You can do this by responding with Not my cabbages!. You can only do this once.

You are aligned with Team Avatar and win when all opposing factions are eliminated.
Soulmaster has been killed, they were Lightning Rod

It is now Day 2, phase will end in roughly 48 hours
(-26 minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom