• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like the first ORAS video. That would just save a day's wait, or rather, it wouldn't save any time as they'd drop the video on us when least expected. I'd much rather see some footage.

First direct/trailer for Sun and Moon was also just the titles though. So I wouldn't be surprised if we had a situation where we received the titles in a direct, and then a "see more at E3" tag at the end.

November 2018 is a very typical guess. The description of the games isn't much more than "remakes with anime elements and a random new girl like Lyra." Oh, and it says "postgame features the Orange Islands and the 4 Alola Islands (retconned to be part of the Orange Islands) however since this takes place long before Generation 7, it is all just small villages and island territories." Surely that would be way too many islands.

Very little creativity went into this rumor.

Pokemon has traditionally been Nintendo's black friday game so the November release date isn't really all that telling.

Also if they're going for the nostalgia angle I think they would use "Blue" or "Green" in the title rather than Violet. Most causal player know them as Red & Blue/Green, not as Kanto games. Not to mention they'd be using "ultra" two generations/games in a row. I'm probably off, but that's my best guess at this rumor.

You mean like the first ORAS video. That would just save a day's wait, or rather, it wouldn't save any time as they'd drop the video on us when least expected. I'd much rather see some footage.

Yes :) I would much prefer there to be some sort of visual material from the games! Maybe there will be a chance.

The rest of the leak was on Bulbaforums, in the old thread. It's an old leak that many of us had seen before.
Not sure why it wasn't being carried into the new thread.

Back then no one cared much.

The rest of the leak smells fake though, especially when it mentioned Brock and Misty would be friendly rivals.

The rest of the leak was on Bulbaforums, in the old thread. It's an old leak that many of us had seen before.

The rest of the leak smells fake though, especially when it mentioned Brock and Misty would be friendly rivals.
Link to the leak?

Link to the leak?
Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

• US/UM are being kept under wraps because their plot connects directly into these games
  • The games are called Pokemon Infra Red and Ultra Violet and are planned for release November 2018
  • This is a re-imagination of the first Generation 1 games and features a redesigned Red and a new blonde girl who retcons Leaf from canon
  • Your rival is a Gary/Blue clone who's gender matches yours
  • Kanto is now bigger and more expansive featuring areas from the Anime and all of the towns, cities, routes, and dungeons are redesigned
  • Brock and Misty are more like in the Anime and act as "friendly rivals" like X/Y and S/M/US/UM. They appear consistently throughout your journey and often partner in double and triple battles
  • Team rocket is much more of a threat, their goal now is to clone Mew who is now retconned into a Pokemon from Ultra Space (more like Cosmog than the other UBs) and create Mewtwo
  • Postgame features the Orange Islands and the 4 Alola Islands (Which are retconned to be part of the Orange Islands) however since this takes place long before Generation 7, it is all just small villages and island territories. There is no Aether or Island Challenge. This part of the Postgame also features 2 quests based on the Anime, and Ultra Space Portals to find the UBs
  • Postgame also lets you catch Ho-Oh in Kanto and there are new ways to obtain Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Lugia
  • New Pokemon variant called Clone Pokemon and they are based on the Mewtwo clones in the Anime. These are obtainable from the Mew/Mewtwo side quests
  • Alolan Forms are now renamed Exotic Forms and there are 40+ Exotic forms. Some of these include the Pink Pokemon, Ice Type Snorlax, and Crystal Onix

Most of the leak sounds pretty fake, but nearly every leak has fake stuff deliberately thrown into it.
Doubt the Brock and Misty point.
Doubt you could visit Alola.
Doubt Orange Islands.
Doubt pink pokemon.

But to be honest, a leak that is 50% correct is still pretty amazing.

Thats why if the game we get is kanto reimagining, id say this is more of a lucky guess on their part. It isnt like the whole kanto revisit was a new concept before aug 2017. Im sure many fans, myself included, had dreamt of that possibility and what it would entail

November 2018 is a very typical guess. The description of the games isn't much more than "remakes with anime elements and a random new girl like Lyra." Oh, and it says "postgame features the Orange Islands and the 4 Alola Islands (retconned to be part of the Orange Islands) however since this takes place long before Generation 7, it is all just small villages and island territories." Surely that would be way too many islands.

Very little creativity went into this rumor.

If we aren't getting a new generation right away, I think it's fair to consider that the "old" Alola as described is possibly part of the scrapped Pokemon Stars. I'd heard it was always just a rumor/tech demo, but this article published after Ultra SuMo were released says otherwise:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-12-15-so-what-happened-with-pokemon-stars

The game was supposedly developed concurrently with SuMo and always planned to be for the switch. If we take into consideration the codename for Gen 7 was Rainbow, as well as what Giovanni reveals in Ultra, it's entirely possible this was planned from the start or naturally progressed from there. I imagine Gen 8 was being worked on at the same time and was put on hold for the reboot or whatever they end up calling it. If it is correct. However, Stars was abandoned in 2016 with some things being given to Ultra SuMo instead. Those leaks would be entirely possible if this ends up being the concept and it's using Gen 7's engine. It's pretty unimaginative, but it also feels like fanservice as a game is what they've settled on to get people to buy units, if only as a means to get a larger install base for Gen 8.

If Gen 8 appears on Switch. I have this nagging feeling Nintendo is going to release a 3DS successor they'll be tempted to develop for. The reason I bring that up is a new Nintendo patent for using multiple screens:

Nintendo’s new multi-screen patent isn’t just crazy—it might already hide in Switch

With Nintendo still developing for 3DS, albeit barely, and their mention of the Switch still being a one per household unit instead of a one per person system, I think it's only a matter of time before we get a new Nintendo system. Maybe one that will work with switch docks, but use a different library. It could be for Switch. It could just be a patent that's never used. But I'm nervous. Especially if we get a reboot instead of Gen 8. Nintendo really needs to start selling Switches in different colors so people collect them. Not just Joy-Cons.

Is Zeraora maybe a reason why they are holding back? if new pokemon await us in next games be it kanto game or gen 8, maybe they have to ship out zeraora and bring an end to sun/moon before going on. Will we get zeraora before e3, does somebody know?

Honestly, while the Brock/Misty thing is an obvious anime reference, it doesn't sound that crazy to me.

Heck, if this isn't a sequel but rather a reimagining, I hope they take a page out of Special and have Brock/Misty/Erica be heroic while the other gym leaders are affiliated with Team Rocket in some way. A Kanto that is rife with corrupt authorities would make the region more unique and play up Rocket's organized crime-angle.

The Orange Islands/pink/crystal/Mew as a an Ultra Beast stuff sounds terrible though and in a really implausible and made-up way.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

• US/UM are being kept under wraps because their plot connects directly into these games
  • The games are called Pokemon Infra Red and Ultra Violet and are planned for release November 2018
  • This is a re-imagination of the first Generation 1 games and features a redesigned Red and a new blonde girl who retcons Leaf from canon
  • Your rival is a Gary/Blue clone who's gender matches yours
  • Kanto is now bigger and more expansive featuring areas from the Anime and all of the towns, cities, routes, and dungeons are redesigned
  • Brock and Misty are more like in the Anime and act as "friendly rivals" like X/Y and S/M/US/UM. They appear consistently throughout your journey and often partner in double and triple battles
  • Team rocket is much more of a threat, their goal now is to clone Mew who is now retconned into a Pokemon from Ultra Space (more like Cosmog than the other UBs) and create Mewtwo
  • Postgame features the Orange Islands and the 4 Alola Islands (Which are retconned to be part of the Orange Islands) however since this takes place long before Generation 7, it is all just small villages and island territories. There is no Aether or Island Challenge. This part of the Postgame also features 2 quests based on the Anime, and Ultra Space Portals to find the UBs
  • Postgame also lets you catch Ho-Oh in Kanto and there are new ways to obtain Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Lugia
  • New Pokemon variant called Clone Pokemon and they are based on the Mewtwo clones in the Anime. These are obtainable from the Mew/Mewtwo side quests
  • Alolan Forms are now renamed Exotic Forms and there are 40+ Exotic forms. Some of these include the Pink Pokemon, Ice Type Snorlax, and Crystal Onix

Most of the leak sounds pretty fake, but nearly every leak has fake stuff deliberately thrown into it.
Doubt the Brock and Misty point.
Doubt you could visit Alola.
Doubt Orange Islands.
Doubt pink pokemon.

But to be honest, a leak that is 50% correct is still pretty amazing.

I remember someone saying this was proven fake since Ultra SuMo was released because the plot didn't tie into the next games. I hadn't joined yet, just lurked, and I think my annoyance at not being able to say, "DID YOU PLAY RR? DID YOU MISS GIOVANNI SAYING HE'D BE BACK?" was one of the reasons I finally joined up. I don't remember if I ever responded, but I remember that specific bullet point was the only one marked on that rumor as being false by the OP. Eventually, I'd avoid the first post even if it was updated as it made my eye twitch.

Is Zeraora maybe a reason why they are holding back? if new pokemon await us in next games be it kanto game or gen 8, maybe they have to ship out zeraora and bring an end to sun/moon before going on. Will we get zeraora before e3, does somebody know?
Zeraora will be distributed in July (in Japan), so after E3. But they didn't care about that sort of thing with Volcanion and SM.

Feign said:
I remember someone saying this was proven fake since Ultra SuMo was released because the plot didn't tie into the next games. I hadn't joined yet, just lurked, and I think my annoyance at not being able to say, "DID YOU PLAY RR? DID YOU MISS GIOVANNI SAYING HE'D BE BACK?" was one of the reasons I finally joined up.
Does that explain USUM being kept under wraps at the time? We still don't know what the Switch games are, and it's been 9 months. The real explanation is that USUM just didn't have a lot of new content.

Not to mention that USUM Giovanni traveling to the past of another world is hardly an obvious outcome. He already has a Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom