• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia - Book 1: Water Chapter 10 - The feeling is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote: jdthebud

I'm shaking and my heart is pounding right now. I got a result saying that jdthebud's roleblocking was successful.

Vote: jdthebud

I'm shaking and my heart is pounding right now. I got a result saying that jdthebud's roleblocking was successful.
Need more context. Who did he roleblock?

All I got is that his roleblocking was successful and it didn't mention who he roleblocked.

Tbf, roleblock can be a townie role

I don't think that's conclusive evidence.

Vote: Thanos
He looks more scummy to me after his last minute vote on Elementar that got him lynched. He might've thought: "hmm, if I vote for someone now, 20 minuta before Day Phase is over, I can get a townie lynched. I just need a good reason." And he voted him based on metagaming...

Day 1 has ended.
Votals:
Elementar (3) - Lone_Garurumon, Thanos

So one of you is a doublevoter? @Lone_Garurumon @Thanos I'd like to know which one.

Maybe it has something to do with the bastard element of the game, maybe earth benders beat air benders so they get an extra voting power on them.

If that's the case, that could help us determine which element some people have.

I've been trying to think who on the Avatar Universe would have a reason to have two votes, but I can't come up with anyone. Although, tbh, there weren't that many relevant characters on Book 1, most of them were random. If the cabbage guy was in the game, I guess we can expect Momo and Appa to be here too, and similar small characters that had no much of an impact on the story.

Looks like Jinjo might have a role that allows him to read system/GM messages. I hope this doesn't get me policy lynched, but I am indeed a roleblocker, of the town variety. I roleblocked Thanos last night, mostly because they cast the deciding vote on Elementar. I had no strong suspicion they are scum, it was mostly a reaction to the vote. Interestingly he did not confirm being blocked, though he may just have been holding it back or he didn't use an action last night.

On the double-voting thing, I wonder if there's a day action in play here allowing for the user to have double vote power.

A bastard game I worked on previously had an action that could be used during the day, so it's a possibility.

Getting a fresh read through the later events of D1, I agree with Zyar that Thanos looks pretty suspicious submitting a vote at the last minute, although the fact that the vote and reasoning are seperate posts could be what’s setting me off. Anywho, Vote: Thanos.

The double vote thing is probably an unseen day affect bc this is Bastard, there’s bound to be some bullshit involved.

Also, sorry for not answering any questions or stating my thoughts on JD in that last post, I’m tired, and I find gathering quotes to be a bit of a hassle on mobile, so I’ll do it when I wake up

Ok, so before we get too caught up on the 3 votes thing. @DarthWolf, are all votes as they should be, or is there some kind of mistake?

Looks like Jinjo might have a role that allows him to read system/GM messages. I hope this doesn't get me policy lynched, but I am indeed a roleblocker, of the town variety. I roleblocked Thanos last night, mostly because they cast the deciding vote on Elementar. I had no strong suspicion they are scum, it was mostly a reaction to the vote. Interestingly he did not confirm being blocked, though he may just have been holding it back or he didn't use an action last night.
Hmm, it's not impossible, though your other actions so far have been lacking. A joke vote and then vanishing (admittedly for a decent reason). Surely you must have thoughts on the rest of the game by this point?

Thank you Darth. Everyone is now free to resume their wild speculations.

In this case, barring some kind of wacky day action (which, admittedly, we can't rule out), this makes Thanos a Double Voter, which makes him most likely Town, since that's kinda OP for Mafia to have. Yes, I know, it's a bastard game, but if we discount everything because "Bastard Game" then we'll never get anywhere. Plus I feel like even in a bastard game double voting Mafia is a bit extreme.

@Lone_Garurumon I know I haven't been very active but here's my thoughts on a few other players so far.

HD and Zyar both are townreads for me, they've been encouraging activity which is good, and asking probing questions, also good.
Thanos made the lynch last phase. While there are reasons to do that as both town and mafia, meta is not usually the best reason to do it, so I think he's worth watching. Though if he really is a double voter than I agree that he probably clear, or at least not worthy of lynching today.
Kharixi seems to be just lurking and typing fluff, the only things he's said today has to do with possible setup and not on the other players behavior, so that's a red flag for me.
Jinjo, if he's scum he's taking advantage of the fact that roleblocker is usually scum. If he's town then he did what he should have done, so I can't hold it against him either way. He said absolutely nothing last day so there's nothing else to read him on.

[Vote] Kharixi serious vote this time

I apologize for not saying anything on day 1. My internet went down and now that I am here, I will only list the players who are scummy to me. jdthebud and noworry are the scummiest to me.

jdthebud - You only made one post on day 1 which was a joke, you disappear, and that was the reason why I targeted you on night 1. And when I got my result, it turned out you are a roleblocker which is a common mafia role and you didn't even mention noworry about your thoughts and that gave me the impression you wanted to protect noworry from getting caught.

noworry - I did not like the way you played on day 1. You were defending Cilantro for being a townie and if you knew Cilantro was a townie, then why did you not save him from getting lynched by placing a vote on another player? When the bandwagon was on Cilantro, you didn't do anything and that gave me the impression you wanted to watch Cilantro get lynched and push on your next victim and this was the same thing that happened on a mentoring game I played when I was a townie.

Apologies for my lack of activity here. It's just a bad habit of mine.

As for (non-setup) game thoughts, I would like to address HumanDawn's jumpy gameplay in the beginning again. Although it can be a tactic to get reactions, that doesn't necessarily make it a town tactic. However, I'd lean more towards town in this case.

Also, as usual, bastard games are pretty subjective, so for one person double voting mafia can be way over-the-top and for another it just makes it "more interesting." In this case, Thanos seems pretty null to me.

Nothing else I wanted to comment on at the moment, I'm not seeing anyone as particularly suspicious beyond what Jinjo pointed out about noworry above.

Honestly I really like jdthebud's post but I am worried that if I let him off now, that he will become a continuous target of paranoia based on his role. I'm still willing to give him a chance though because I've been in the situation before, but I just don't see a better lead yet.

Apologies for my lack of activity here. It's just a bad habit of mine.

As for (non-setup) game thoughts, I would like to address HumanDawn's jumpy gameplay in the beginning again. Although it can be a tactic to get reactions, that doesn't necessarily make it a town tactic. However, I'd lean more towards town in this case.

Also, as usual, bastard games are pretty subjective, so for one person double voting mafia can be way over-the-top and for another it just makes it "more interesting." In this case, Thanos seems pretty null to me.

Nothing else I wanted to comment on at the moment, I'm not seeing anyone as particularly suspicious beyond what Jinjo pointed out about noworry above.

So you really have nothing else to comment on? You brought up my first few posts of claiming somebody is Mafia again but it was just a comment, and an interesting insight, but nothing about the vote on you from jdthebud, and about jdthebud's role being confirmed to be Roleblocker. I understand not wanting to show all your cards and thoughts but this approach is almost the minimalism of minimalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom