• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insofar as you can choose and travel with Pikachu in a single version, yes. The different protagonist and rival (if that is the case) are big changes already.
The second version being named after Eevee is likely a reference to the fact that it was meant to be Red's starter in Yellow. The leak also called it a "Yellow remake" (reimagining). Unless this is all misleading or something, it's probably still fairly derivative.

All I can say about "Let's Go! Pikachu!" and "Let's Go! Eevee!", if those are in fact the titles of the games...

Ahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha!

Wait a minute, I'm not done yet...

AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OMG, could this be the worst name for a pair of Pokémon games...EVAR?

I mean, really? "Let's Go" Pikachu and Eevee???

WHAT. THE. F.

If it was a little bit lazy to add the word "Ultra" on to Pokémon Sun & Moon and then market those games as third versions, I think GameFreak may have officially hit a new low here.

"Hey Mom, I want Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas this year!"
Agreed that they're not the best names. XD Granted, the Me and You rumor sounded worse, but at least that was a funny kind of lame with excellent conversation potential... these just sound like spin-offs or kids games.

I feel like this game is gamefreak stalling and testing the new hardware while bringing players from pokemon go, so that they can make a real next generation game with gen 8. This is definitely not a bigger deal than gen 8 aka not the game we were waiting for.

You can't blame us
084.png

No matter what to the disdain of many this'll make LOTS of money regardless they know they can't please everyone but please as many as they can like other game series. It could be different in story than it being recycled as it said Red and Blue are gonna be story characters while we'll get a brand new MC and Rival.

Last edited:
The second version being named after Eevee is likely a reference to the fact that it was meant to be Red's starter in Yellow. The leak also called it a "Yellow remake" (reimagining). Unless this is all misleading or something, it's probably still fairly derivative.
It was Blue's starter. The fact remains that even though those starters were used for iconic characters, we're getting new ones instead. I have yet to see how the story beats would be the same. Would we defeat Giovanni instead of Red doing it? What would be the point?

I don't see why revisiting Kanto is such a big deal.

Thorough the 3D Zeldas we "revisited Hyrule" no less than 5 times and all of them had little in common beyond basics. Who says the same can't happen here? It'd be pretty cool (and possible, necessary scale and the hardware considered) if they grabbed the concept of Kanto and expanded on the region, fleshed it out, etc. it doesn't imply "the same but upscaled to HD".

Doesn't matter that Kanto was empty in HGSS, the fact that its Pokemon got the most attention with the 3DS generations and of it being the most mentioned region in Gen 7 alone makes a lot of us who want them to just move on from Kanto very disgusted at the fact that they are still not leaving it alone. You can't blame us for wanting something unrelated to Kanto at this point.

I’m sorry but, “disgusted” ...?! Really?

Look, the point I was originally making was that actually, we haven’t seen a 3D Kanto or even a Kanto realised to the same capacity or level of detail as Unova, for example. It amazes me that so many people seem to descend into a fit of rage at the mere sight of the name Kanto in a text box, let alone actually visiting a region which you could very safely argue, we have not seen properly yet, given what GF are now capable of in terms of game production. I’m going to regurgitate the point as well that many, many younger gamers have never played Kanto, never mind the last proper visit of it in FRLG sooo many years ago.

To each, their own. Of course. I was trying to wade my way through the gallons of negativity that seems to unjustifiably flood the forums whenever Kanto is brought up. It’s mindboggling to me, honestly.

I’d like to just say as well that being a Nintendo franchise, in an alternate reality we could very well have had every single Pokémon game set in Kanto. Like Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom or Link in Hyrule. But we didn’t.

If anyone wants to pick apart anything I’ve said, I don’t mean any disrespect but I won’t respond. I’ve said my piece and I’m gonna be hyped for these games regardless.

If real, its probably still gen 7, which I think it needs to happen. The 3ds and switch can interact with each other via wi-fi so we can trade our pokemon over to the switch. This way when they launch pokebank on the switch we can transfer our pokemon to generation 8 when that launches. Alot of people say they'd bring over pokebank from the 3ds, but would it really give us access to the pokemon stored on our 3ds cloud service? probably not its a different server than the one on the switch.

So heres how the transfer would work

usum trades with Let's go
pokebank launches/gen 8 release
let's go onto pokebank (lol)
withdraw those pokemon and deposit them into gen 8

I’m sorry but, “disgusted” ...?! Really?

Look, the point I was originally making was that actually, we haven’t seen a 3D Kanto or even a Kanto realised to the same capacity or level of detail as Unova, for example. It amazes me that so many people seem to descend into a fit of rage at the mere sight of the name Kanto in a text box, let alone actually visiting a region which you could very safely argue, we have not seen properly yet, given what GF are now capable of in terms of game production. I’m going to regurgitate the point as well that many, many younger gamers have never played Kanto, never mind the last proper visit of it in FRLG sooo many years ago.

To each, their own. Of course. I was trying to wade my way through the gallons of negativity that seems to unjustifiably flood the forums whenever Kanto is brought up. It’s mindboggling to me, honestly.

I’d like to just say as well that being a Nintendo franchise, in an alternate reality we could very well have had every single Pokémon game set in Kanto. Like Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom or Link in Hyrule. But we didn’t.

If anyone wants to pick apart anything I’ve said, I don’t mean any disrespect but I won’t respond. I’ve said my piece and I’m gonna be hyped for these games regardless.
And my point is to illustrate that we don't need the first game from years ago to be the first game on the Switch, Kalos is a good example of this. It managed to sell a lot of 3DS units just for being a new region on a new system.

I'm gonna hold a lot of my thoughts until we get actual confirmation. So far, everything seems to be adding up that this stuff could be legit, but it leaves me with lots of questions.

Are Pikachu and Eevee the only starters? Does the rival just get the one we didn't pick? Is it set based on the game version? Are there any new Pokemon at all if this truly is a Kanto revisit? Freaking why more Kanto?:mad: And so many more, but again, I'll wait until a confirmation.

But he was right. That was very empty Kanto in HGSS. Zero subquests, zero plot. That is not the same as Kanto-focused game. Especially, when we don't know anything about games.

I think Kalos was empty and now I want five games focusing on it. And God forbid if someone complain and disagree this is a wonderful idea.

It's not just the Kanto issue. So they think go fans will buy a switch? They are remaking Kanto to appeal casuals demographic who only knows the 150. If they add a lot of new interesting stuff to make the region fresh, ok, but I doubt this is the case, more likely it will be dumbed down. If this leak is true, I dislike the direction the franchise is taking but probably people like me who played the games since gen 1 are not the demographic anyomore
It's completely alright want to appeal new games and people who dropped the franchise but living from the past is not the right direction but, honestly at this point, whatever...

I see it as a stopgap generation, unless they update the games to be compatible with the next ones.
Because even if we redownload bank onto the switch how would it have our pokemon on it? Its not the same server.

Also we had to trade over all our gen 4 pokemon to gen 5 6 and a time, and go through a painful minigame to transfer them so we're talking 493 pokemon if you had a living dex, and you needed two ds for this.

I know at lot of people are/will be upset but honestly? The games have the potential to be really cool

I do wonder how much the game will take from the anime if it's being called a "yellow remake/reimagining" I've never played yellow but from what I understand, you play as Ash , and Jesse/James appear in the game right?

Were trainers Red/Green not in yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom