• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never viewed any main series names as "edgy", but we clearly have different opinions on the vibes the name titles give off as I still fail to see how "Let's Go" is so juvenile and apparently un-ignorable, unlike the Versions. But why are we assuming we're "forced" to use Eevee and Pikachu and can never use any other Pokemon? Was that mentioned in any of the rumors? I'm sure we will be able to use other Pokemon.
Not assuming, exactly, it's just that the game titles implying an Eevee and Pikachu focus in the era of cut scene pokemon games poses the potential that they may be a permanent addition to your travels- not necessarily your team. Think like if Cosmog never got off the screen.

They kinda already took a step in this direction with Rotomdex, because what makes a game more fun for kids than having a non-optional mascot bobbing around you throughout your entire journey?

tenor.gif

At least they probably won't talk.

I really hope they never do rotomdex thing again, true, it really resembles the fairy from ocarina. If it comes back because of being a helping hand for kids, i hope there will be an option to put it off.

I came back to this thread 3 hours ago and it's like the Kilauea volcano found a detour and opened up a fissure under our asses, spewing Pikachu and Eevee in every direction possible. That didn't make a lick of sense, but I don't care because as of right now I'm hyped and my body is Reggie.

In all seriousness... IIRC, I am seriously getting SM logo leak vibes from this. Joe doesn't normally post unconfirmed rumors unless he's absolutely sure there's a possibility that it's real. With that said, despite Emily Rogers saying not to expect anything this week, I'm wondering if we will get something this week.

I really hope they never do rotomdex thing again, true, it really resembles the fairy from ocarina. If it comes back because of being a helping hand for kids, i hope there will be an option to put it off.
Hopefully, but they haven't really been good with making anything optional so far. You have the choice to ignore some features after the forced tutorial, but I don't think there's anything that you can actually turn off in any of the games?

While I would much prefer a new generation, I personally don't mind a Kanto remake or something along those lines, because the closest I ever got to beating a Kanto game was getting through the 4th gym in Pokemon Fire Red, and then my emulator decided to glitch out, and I just haven't put the time into playing through Blue VC yet, even though I have it. Kanto is still pretty unknown to me.

Let me guess: what if Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Pokémon Let's go! Eevee take place on a new region instead of Kanto?

So this also seems to confirm my thoughts of „go things“ being just small and optional things, when you look at veggiebirds tweets, of course if it’ s all true. And he is saying (following Pkmn), so i suggest he means all of them, otherwise wouldn‘t he just write pikachu/eevee?
So veggiebirds hints and explanations of these seem to be plausible but a little bit farfetched at some points, not as clear as pixelpars, but i think all in all it just all adds up to the rumours. There is already too much smoke, there must be fire somewhere.

Attachments

• 98C98CB2-FFB9-4689-8D43-CCDC3D3D5DE9.jpeg
    98C98CB2-FFB9-4689-8D43-CCDC3D3D5DE9.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 101
  • 94EE30FF-46B9-4813-B9B5-314E69B31405.jpeg
    94EE30FF-46B9-4813-B9B5-314E69B31405.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 93
Pikachu was in Yellow and I recall my friend boxing it and trading him to silver
Aaand again- there wasn't cut scenes in that game. Your ability to ditch the mascot may be compromised by the need to have them available for the story. You might be able to get them off your team or they might not even be in your team in the first place, but if they're given a Cosmog role, then you might not be able to get rid of them as easily as you could in Yellow.

Aaand again- there wasn't cut scenes in that game. Your ability to ditch the mascot may be compromised by the need to have them available for the story. You might be able to get them off your team or they might not even be in your team in the first place, but if they're given a Cosmog role, then you might not be able to get rid of them as easily as you could in Yellow.

If Giovanni has some nefarious plan to open up an Ultra Wormhole with my precious Eevee fluff, that boi gon git his rearend beaten to a pulp.

I'm really curious, what is it about the GO Pikachu leak other than a return to Kanto that has made it so believable to people like Joe? Is it the design of the logos or is there something else?

I'm really curious, what is it about the GO Pikachu leak other than a return to Kanto that has made it so believable to people like Joe? Is it the design of the logos or is there something else?
Joe believed that it was too early for this gen to end so that likely played a big roll.
Another reason might be that Daan told him something since the two are close friends.

Joe did a complete 180 and that’s really weird to me tbh

He’s historically had a no stance to any leak, he was always saying gen 8 is next until very recently.

Given it took him months and almost to the official reveal trailer to believe the starter evolution leak, why would he do a complete 180 and say yes to leaks now when at least the starter evolutions had physical proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom