• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the reveal is this week after all, or the domain name was registered asap to combat leaks?

Biggest hope is please just don’t be an unambitious flat out remake. If it’s a reimagining, I wanna see new areas, areas change, some new leaders etc. New Pokémon/forms would be awesome but I’m not expecting them

Is it safe to cross the Sri Lanka rumors off the list and then go through which remaining Kanto ones might be true? Wonder if it'd be good to have an update of those.

Hopefully they include gen 2-7 in the regional pokedex.

Only gen 1 pokemon would be super boring.
If you don't want to consider all the kanto mons that have pre evos and evos in later gens at least consider that eevee has evolutions in gen 2, 4 and 6...so if it'll be able to evolve...

Seriously? That's just... *sigh* GameFreak you are such an underwhelming company. Upscaled 3DS graphics won't cut it, especially since the 3DS games are already just baby steps and not really comparable to 3DS games created by companies who actually create 3D games like Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Besides we are on the Switch now. No excuses left.

Seriously? That's just... *sigh* GameFreak you are such an underwhelming company. Upscaled 3DS graphics won't cut it, especially since the 3DS games are already just baby steps and not really comparable to 3DS games created by companies who actually create 3D games like Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Besides we are on the Switch now. No excuses left.
While s/m have beautiful graphics in hd, I have to agree. I was totally expecting on the switch something that would have looked at least different from what came before. Nothing too revolutionary but at least different...

That and that the game is part of Gen 8 and not a continuation of Gen 7.
Graphically, it would appear to be a continuation of the latter. In terms of compatibility, it's tricky because local 3DS-Switch communication hasn't been confirmed to be possible. They may update these games to be compatible with the 2019/2020 ones, but who knows.

Wallflowercanyon said:
Is it safe to cross the Sri Lanka rumors off the list and then go through which remaining Kanto ones might be true? Wonder if it'd be good to have an update of those.
I believe that the 4chan rumor mentioned yesterday (and posted on April's Fools) is the only real leak aside from the non-descriptive reboot hints. The Lapras image is probably real, but it might be from an early build.

Last edited:
Masuda said to not your hopes up ages back so If they do just have slightly updated 3ds visuals it’s not surprising.

For me it’s more about the delivery, I’m curious how they will add story and character development to a gen that had almost nothing.

Hopefully they include gen 2-7 in the regional pokedex.

Only gen 1 pokemon would be super boring.

Only Gen 1 would mean leaving out all of Lucario, Mimikyu, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, and so on, Pokemon that are really popular, and I don't think that's likely. There's also all the cross-gen relatives of Gen 1 mons too, like Crobat and Tangrowth.

If this game is wanting to hook new players from the Go phenomenom or based on nostalgia, it's better to expose them to the later Pokemon just as much as original group. So hopefully there's none of that FRLG nonsense that blocked some from evolving (like Golbat).

Can this mark confirm the compatibility between 3ds and Switch? Rumors said it would have been used for Go pokemon...It may actually be used for let's go pokemon ;)

Attachments

• pokemon-bank-go.jpg
    pokemon-bank-go.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 96
Welp in light of everything in the past 12 hours....At least smash bros is coming out this year so there's that.

Masuda said to not your hopes up ages back so If they do just have slightly updated 3ds visuals it’s not surprising.

Even if it's still not 100% up to par with other modern 3D games they could and SHOULD do so much better than upscaled graphics from the 3DS games.

Like I get it, GameFreak is not going to be able to go from Sun/Moon to Breath of the Wild overnight. However, there are rumors of them having done HD development for years. Upscaling 3DS graphics into HD is really not showing that off at all. And no, I don't want to pay $60 for a 3DS remake of Kanto upscaled to HD.

Like I'd be more forgiving if it were a new region, a new experience. If they're going to remake Kanto on an HD system it just feels like they really need to go all out and make it a full-blown reimagining. 2.5D upscaled 3DS graphics don't fit the bill. Not like it will hurt them financially, so I suppose it doesn't even matter. However as someone who has been playing since Generation I, it doesn't cut it, and I'm not impressed. I'd rather play a new region.

I would strongly doubt they would only include Gen I mons and prevent us from evolving the starters. I mean, they would literally force us to use other Pokemon once we reach a certain difficulty in the game if we're lugging around an Eevee at that point. Pikachu may be able to manage with a Light Ball, but not Eevee.

I wouldn't be surprised if eevee had been chosen as a new fighter...

I'm holding out hopes for Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom