• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're looking at a future Kanto here, I'm interested to see if we get a reworked RR or if we get an entire new criminal group. By a "reworked" RR, I'm talking about keeping Giovanni and ditching the rest of the leaders in favor of either brand-new characters for Admins or the Admins from HGSS. I'm also hoping that we get some expansion to the north of Kanto and that the Sevii Islands are included. Alola was nice, but as far as islands go I've always had a soft spot for the Big 7. A Johto inclusion would be cool too, but if they don't do that then a Kanto expansion + Sevii Islands would suffice.

The switch is infinitely more powerful than any of the handheld consoles came out on. They can easily fit both the seveii islands and Johto in the game.

I think that the evolution for the starter Pikachu was not allowed in Yellow mainly because it was supposed to be symbolic of Pikachu and Ash/Red.

The rumor is at least that the player's character is a new trainer, and Red is a separate NPC, so, it could be open this time!

We don't know how long it's been because of Game Freak's refusal to reveal the gap between GS/DP and BW. The confirmed gaps bring us to 7 years (3+2+2), and other than that we can only rely on Caitlin's appearance. If the GS-BW gap is 6 years and the new games take place two years after SM (as in real life), then we get a total of 15 years, making Red and Blue 26.

Where does the second 2 come from, XY to SM? There’s a three year gap between RGBY and GSC, and 2 years between BW and B2W2, but you seem to have an extra 2.

Also, where does ORAS fit in? FRLG occur concurrently with RGBY, and HGSS at the same time as GSC, but do RSE and ORAS occur at the same time too?

multiingbe said:
The rumor is at least that the player's character is a new trainer, and Red is a separate NPC, so, it could be open this time!
It could happen, but it's clear that these games focus on the two mascots rather than their evolutions. It's also easier to promote Pikachu and Eevee, rather than Raichu and 8 Eeveelutions.

Johnny Boy said:
They can easily fit both the seveii islands and Johto in the game.
They could, but considering Alola's size and lack of post-game depth, I wouldn't expect Game Freak to be too generous all of a sudden. So I'd only expect one or the other, and sadly there is no guarantee.

The Great Guardian said:
Where does the second 2 come from, XY to SM?
Yes. We know from an official tweet that XY are contemporary with B2W2, and also (from concept art) that Grimsley aged by two years between B2W2 and SM.

It could happen, but it's clear that these games focus on the two mascots rather than their evolutions. It's also easier to promote Pikachu and Eevee, rather than Raichu and 8 Eeveelutions.

They could, but considering Alola's size and lack of post-game depth, I wouldn't expect Game Freak to be too generous all of a sudden. So I'd only expect one or the other, and sadly there is no guarantee.

Yes. We know from an official tweet that XY are contemporary with B2W2, and also (from concept art) that Grimsley aged by two years between B2W2 and SM.

I knew that XY were contemporary with B2W2, didn’t realise that SM was two years later, I thought all three were contemporary. So this would be the timeline (if we ignore that they’re from two different universes):

Year 0: RGBY, RSE, FRLG, ORAS?
Year 3: GSC, DPPt, HGSS
Year (3+x): BW
Year (5+x): B2W2, XY
Year (7+x): SM
Year (8+x): USUM

Personally I think LGP/LGE will occur either in year 0, alongside Yellow or year (8+x), alongside USUM. Personally, I’m hoping for the latter.

As for having Kanto, Johto and Sevii, that’s pretty much 2.5 regions, and iirc, they’re aiming for a 30-40 hour game. I could see Sevii being put in, or a very barebones Johto, but I doubt they’d have both, much as I want them to.

I was really referring to Raichu not being comparable to the Eeveelutions.

Ideally, they'll let us choose what we want while making Pikachu and Eevee more viable than they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom