• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Specific Items

Grimbad

PokéManiac
Reaction score
I recently did a USUM play through with an alolan marowak, and it was hitting like a champ with the club item. This gave me an appreciation for this rarely used aspect of the games: pokemon specific items. Reminds me more of an rpg characteristic to these games.

Any cool sets you have used that utilize this type of thing? Would you like to see more pokemon specific items?

I am working on making a clamperl using the deepsea tooth to boost special attack to crazy high levels. Always loved clamperl and I think with this it can be usable in online battle

Eviolite is fun to play around with. Besides the obvious Eviolite Chansey or Eviolite Gligar, I've fooled around with Eviolite Vigoroth before.

Don't remember the exact set, but I ran bulk up, return, slack off, and something else that I don't remember. Had Max speed and attack and was adamant nature (or jolly I don't remember)

I would like if there were more Pokemon specific items. Not too many that it seems to not be unique anymore, but at least for some novelty Pokemon that could be better. Like can we get a Mimikyu Cloth to boost that thing's Defense or something? IDK~

Eviolite is fun to play around with. Besides the obvious Eviolite Chansey or Eviolite Gligar, I've fooled around with Eviolite Vigoroth before.

Don't remember the exact set, but I ran bulk up, return, slack off, and something else that I don't remember. Had Max speed and attack and was adamant nature (or jolly I don't remember)

He's asking about Pokemon specific items. Like Light Ball or Lucky Punch. Eviolite can be used by any Pokemon that isn't in it's final stage

Mimikyu would be a good contender for items. It can get a cloth or stick

I tend to avoid those items, actually. As a guy who occasionally dabbles in online play, Knock Off feels too prolific nowadays for me to get confortable with these species-specific items. Lots of Pokémon are capable of removing your incredibly powerful tool and subsequently crippling one of your team in one fell slap. If they acted like Mega Stones and Z-Crystals in that they can't be removed from the holder in battles, then it'd be ok, but...

Maybe they work really well for you, and that's brilliant, but I'm just too wary and paranoid of item loss to put so much of my hopes in them. Going into the Eviolite route, that's why I prefer Blissey over Chansey.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom