• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some lost Pokémon revealed in the new Pokémon Manga!

QBERTP

Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/996888188319813633

This pic was posted today by James Turner on his twitter James Turner (@JamesTurner_42) | Twitter
AAAAH! The new Satoshi Tajiri Manga New manga to reveal secrets of creation of Pokémon
features a sneak peek of al least 4 MissingNo.! Their ID numbers line up with the empty slots in RGBY labelled MissingNo.
56 "DEER" ディアー
62 "CROCKY" クロッキー
67 "CACTUS" カクタス
68 "JYAGGU" ジャッグ

We also have a confirmation that Blastoise's beta name was "Caravaggio" カラバジオ even in a later stage of development (It was already discovered in the 1990 Capsule Monsters documents, See the Ninja Turtle reference uh!)
These are the "voting" sheets for one of the popularity polls (人気投票)
Game Freak held periodically to rate their Pokémon designs.
This seems to be the infamous poll held in October 1992 when the majority of the crew surprisingly voted Exeggutor as their favourite, however, the second place (Chansey) doesn't match with the records
previously published in the book about GF history by Akihito Tomisawa about game freak's history [

"ゲームフリーク―遊びの世界標準を塗り替えるクリエイティブ集団" published by Media Factory, page 106-7
who reported Slowbro as a second place, so it could be a different poll. who reported Slowbro as a second place. (The sheet in the pic reports 1 - Exeggutor, 2 -Chansey, 3 - Clefairy).

There are other Pokemon just mentioned in the sheet on the left with the results, like 28 “BUU” ブー , 29 “BARUNDA (A)” バルンダ (A) (maybe PA*RUNDA, "Maikoo-OS" マイコー・オス is Nidoking’s beta name as we already know Pokémon Red and Blue/Internal Index Number - The Cutting Room Floor)

tumblr_p8v2mshRJF1v7e93uo2_1280.png

The one above Rhydon could very well be beta-Tyranitar, as its tail is very reminiscent of Tyranitar’s and its name “Gyaoon” ギャオーン is the official onomatopoeia for Godzilla’s roar in Japanese. This could further confirm that the placeholder Capsule Monster “Godzillante” was reworked into Tyranitar.

does anyone have the full page?

I’ll try and analyze those further, I'll add more info on the blog as I research

for more info in general about Pokemon Red/Green prerelease visit the awesome Pokémon Red and Blue/Internal Index Number - The Cutting Room Floor and GlitterBerri's Game Translations » Early Concept Art

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Enhanced second pic for your nerves

tumblr_inline_p8vqivFhuF1t6hu7h_1280.jpg

if anyone has a better scan please share XD

I can't quite read the name of the Pokémon on Diglett's left. But it kinda looks like パウワウ, Seel's Japanese name.
Aside from maybe the tail, it's hard to recognize anything from Seel in that sprite. XD

I have no idea about the thing below Kingler, but it reminds me of Munna. It would make sense, as a pokémon with Munna's description is mentioned in the original games.

That shark Pokémon looks very cool! Sharks are one of my favorite kind of animals, so I wish there would be a shark Pokémon with a similar design in the future. Even it's unlikely at this point, I hope they will reuse it.

That shark Pokémon looks very cool! Sharks are one of my favorite kind of animals, so I wish there would be a shark Pokémon with a similar design in the future. Even it's unlikely at this point, I hope they will reuse it.
Mega Sharpedo kinda looks like it borrowed some traits from this pokémon.

it's probably electrode :D but it's definitely beta-seel!

I can't quite read the name of the Pokémon on Diglett's left. But it kinda looks like パウワウ, Seel's Japanese name.
Aside from maybe the tail, it's hard to recognize anything from Seel in that sprite. XD

I have no idea about the thing below Kingler, but it reminds me of Munna. It would make sense, as a pokémon with Munna's description is mentioned in the original games.

Last edited:
Probably not super interesting, but I made this is as a recreation of the charts of Pokémon in the manga, has all the unknown Pokémon visible and their HEX/index numbers (most are impossible to make out however).

6T6sAKd.png

Probably not super interesting, but I made this is as a recreation of the charts of Pokémon in the manga, has all the unknown Pokémon visible and their HEX/index numbers (most are impossible to make out however).

6T6sAKd.png
I was just checking out your post on resetera, really useful thanks!

It's always so interesting to see the Pokémon designs that didn't make it through initially. I get why Game Freak is so tight-lipped about the designs though, since today's rejected design can become tomorrow's new Pokémon. I see a lot of the Sandile line in Kurokki for example.

interesting that most pokemon that were not added in first generation were reskinned like Qwifish evolution that turned into whiscash or the obvious one like the turtle that turned Tirtouga
I'd love to see Fartetch evolution and a new concept to a Qwifish evo

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom