• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Emily Rogers and why I need to listen to her? As far as I can see it's some random admin of forum.
Lately she has been pretty reliable and her leaks match up with other leaks.(but not in a way were she or the other ones could piggyback off each other)

some of you may remember a tweet from like a month ago where aDrive claimed that he'd seen things that made him believe in a 2018 release. He's talked about it now in a recent video where he says that what he heard related to motion control/joycon mechanics for catching pokemon. He says that he was shown proof that there was a casting call for a commercial/trailer and spoke to some people that were casted. Take with a grain of salt of course.

If true, this could mean that what he's talking about could be the reveal trailer, meaning we would get more than just logo's with the reveal.

video: (2:54 for when he starts talking about the info he got)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYrnPEAscI

some of you may remember a tweet from like a month ago where aDrive claimed that he'd seen things that made him believe in a 2018 release. He's talked about it now in a recent video where he says that what he heard related to motion control/joycon mechanics for catching pokemon. He says that he was shown proof that there was a casting call for a commercial/trailer and spoke to some people that were casted. Take with a grain of salt of course.

If true, this could mean that what he's talking about could be the reveal trailer, meaning we would get more than just logo's with the reveal.

video: (2:54 for when he starts talking about the info he got)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYrnPEAscI

We are almost in June, the reveal is 99% going to have gameplay.

From everything i can gather, here are my realistic thoughts and predictions for the upcoming games
  • We will be returning to the Kanto region in some capacity
  • Kanto will resemble modern day rural japan
  • Kanto will have new areas and existing areas will be revamped
  • Lillie will have a major prescence
  • Red and Blue will appear in the games
  • These games will breakdown the traditional concept of a Pokemon generation
  • They will run on the SM/USUM engine
  • There will be some gameplay additions and alterations but nothing worthy of being called a generational leap like that of gen 6 to gen 7
  • We will keep the traditional battle system
  • The games will be optimized for handheld mode, expect Pokemon SM running in Citra with lighting and higher resolution/more detailed textures
  • Pokemon following you will return but will not apply to every Pokemon
  • There will be no major gimmick akin to Mega evolution and Z-moves
  • There will be a new Eeveelution and there will be new mythicals
  • The legendary birds will get a lot more lore and probably new forms
  • Pokemon ride will return
Hints i dropped a while back

Hints i dropped a while back
These are pretty typical predictions for anyone who thought that Lillie's SM ending meant something. You didn't mention Go integration or Pikachu/Eevee focus.

I will say that the only part that seems off is the new Eeveelution, seeing as the movie doesn't feature any.

The pika seems closer to realism like pokkens as opposed to cell shaded. I’d associate cell shaded like with wind water style visual models.

It seems more detailed than the XD and battle revolution models. Those are what I’d call cell shaded Pokémon wise.

Maybe it’s ones interpretation of what cell shaded is since the models in modern games have aspects of cell shading.

1. Some of merchandise will be released in September alongside Kanto stuff.

2. Why is the movie set in Johto in the first place? The first Lugia movie wasn't.

3. The movie promotes the games for Eevee alone.

1. Okay? And I. The games come out this year they won’t come out in September. They could use it for nostalgia reasons too.

2. You forget that Lugia was originally a johto pokemon and the orange islands were an anime only thing. Originally the anime was producing stuff before the games came out so they were inputting some do what they knew such as togepi. The new movies are clearly being more accurate to the games, and are working as a kind of reboot. They aren’t doing things like the organ er islands.

3. Not sure what you mean.
These are pretty typical predictions for anyone who thought that Lillie's SM ending meant something. You didn't mention Go integration or Pikachu/Eevee focus.

I will say that the only part that seems off is the new Eeveelution, seeing as the movie doesn't feature any.
How do you know for sure that there’s no new eeveelution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom