• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have heard prior to this, from the Chinese Riddler and that group, that the fighting was going to be changed up, but not to something like Go. I think people are just getting their rumors crossed.
Not from the Chinese Riddler. He only mentioned a reboot.

@lavandula might know who exactly stated that rumor first. If it's the Japanese Riddler, then I'd take it with a grain of salt.

@lavandula might know who exactly stated that rumor first. If it's the Japanese Riddler, then I'd take it with a grain of salt.
Battle system change was from Rainbow Rocket and Japanese Riddler.
They suggested it at around the same time, which was before the Chinese Riddler mentioned reboot.

Actually Rainbow Rocket didn't say battle system change, but rather, mechanism change, and didn't specify whether it's battle or not... it could be catching Pokemon... like the Lapras screenshot suggested that we will now be able to see Pokemon in the overworld.

I wouldn’t say that the beliefs are based on 'nothing'. While I myself don’t believe we're going to get a GO-esque battle system, I can understand why some fear it.

Ever since the games were announced, we've been hearing rumours of a changed and 'simplified' battle system. Then come game titles with 'GO' in them. Pokemon GO is also known for its simplified battle system. We also now have rumours of 'Go integration' too.

These facts combined may make people fear that we're getting a GO-like battle system.

Yeah but we haven't heard about the battle system changing in months, all the supposed Let's go pikachu leaks don't mention the battle system just the catching system, I doubt gamefreak will drop the battle system that was built and perfected for over 20 years and just copy one from another developer, they are very proud of their work

Got it!

They suggested it at around the same time, which was before the Chinese Riddler mentioned reboot.

Actually Rainbow Rocket didn't say battle system change, but rather, mechanism change, and didn't specify whether it's battle or not... it could be catching Pokemon... like the Lapras screenshot suggested that we will now be able to see Pokemon in the overworld.

And thanks! That would make a lot more sense then.

Then if the Japanese Riddler is the only one that specifically mentioned the battle system, I wouldn't give it much thought. She also hinted at new starters, a connection to Myanmar, and most recently, that Piuk was right.

I don't understand why people say the battle system will be like pokemon go, why would they do that? All these beliefs are based on nothing

People just tend to freak out during times of uncertainty. I can still remember plenty of the crazy theories going around 2 years ago before we got any real news on Sun and Moon. When we have nothing to go on, our imaginations run wild.

I just looked at the poll, and Eevee is kind of crushing the competition.

Not surprising, I voted for it even though technically my real answer would be Both~ But Pikachu has a history of being disliked for being overrated and Eevee has 8 potential evolutions people might want to go with or at the very least 3~

It's important to remember that kids and "casuals" probably prefer Pikachu for the most part.

I suppose that the Gorochu rumor would help even the score, too.

True. I do like Pikachu and Raichu. It's just that if Pikachu and Eevee are the starters, then well which would you pick:
One that only evolves once?
or
one that can evolve into 8 different Pokemon, each with its own type?

I would go for Eevee.

I voted pikachu because I like raichu slightly more than my favourite eeveelutions of espeon and vaporeon, but also because I guess i knew itd be the underdog.
I still stand by its to early to tell which id pick though. We know nothing about if we cant evolve pikachu like in yellow or if there will be new forms or evolutions or even other potential version differences.

Two ways they could offset that:

1. Prevent both from evolving. Give them new items, abilities and moves to make up for it (build upon Light Ball and Extreme Evoboost).

2. Give Pikachu a new split evolution, without doing the same for Eevee.

No matter what kind of game we're getting, I wonder how the online features will be handled. There has been a little discussion before about fees before, but what about the system? I hope it'll be similar to the PSS, the best online system of any Pokémon game in my opinion. It would also be nice if they integrate the Global Link, or its replacement, into the game itself. I don't know exactly how powerful the Switch is, but it seems like it could be done.

Or locking it from evolving at all... if the options are gonna be Pikachu or Eevee, I can absolutely see them locking their evos for the sake of fairness.
This is why i didn't vote.
If they can't, evolve I'm picking Pikachu.
However if they can evolve.. give me my Espeon baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom