• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle system change was also said by Pixelpar, and other people from the West.
When did Pixelpar say that? Who are the other sources? Larry was relying on the Japanese Riddler as far as I know.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
Or like azs flote these are special Pokemon with stats that are around just as good as their evos and have their own special move.
But then they wouldn't be starters, unless their base stats gradually increased somehow.

(That being said, I don't trust this style of 'leak' very much- its too easy for anyone to just come up with a big list of possible things and put it out there as 'leaked' information.)

Yes, sometimes it feels like the writer simply sat down with a good cup of coffee or tea and wrote what came to mind, then proofread and posted.

It's "believable" in some ways, but it is surprising what isn't mentioned, for example new moves or items, or anything about the size and scope of the locations! If they know that all of the Pokemon, plus new forms and evolutions, are in the game, they would probably also know about moves if not also items..!!

Leaks generally sound "believable" because they're picking and choosing from other speculations and adding their own similar things that aren't too out there.

I doubt that even a true leaker would know about moves, items, locations, etc. at this point

Well, it has been a while...

I'm actually willing to believe this leak, especially over most of the others. If true... doesn't this all sound awfully similar to what they tried to do with Black/White? The theme of tradition vs modernization was especially something gen 5 tried to play up. I'm guessing they are going to play the idea up much more here? I'm thinking like how Opelucid City was in Unova, but this time region wide depending on the version.

The new team wants to destroy all tradition and move society forwards? Stellar, sign me right up please. 20 years and finally an organization I fully agree with.

Of course, nothing is truly confirmed yet, and I was vehemently against a return to Kanto. But, if done well enough, I'd be willing to give it a chance. Oh, by the way... NO GYMS IN EEVEE VERSION PLZ? Gym battles are so 2 decades ago... let the yellow electric rodent have them.

Last edited:
Well, it has been a while...
Oh, by the way... NO GYMS IN EEVEE VERSION PLZ? Gym battles are so 2 decades ago... let the yellow electric rodent have them.

You know, that would actually make sense if you think about it.
Gens 1-6 had Gyms, while 7 did not. Pikachu is representing tradition, while Eevee represents change. So it makes sense that one would have the traditional Gyms, while the other had something more (not sure what).

Also, I think I know what the English Titles will be:

Pokemon: Tradition
Pokemon: Future

I hope they don't get rid of gyms in either version. I prefer them over the trials unless they change the gym leaders around or something like, making things different. Kinda like they did in Black and White; where you fight Iris in one and Drayden in another.

The staryu video is in line with the other music videos. This time, however, they used 3d models...

I see no reason why Gyms must be needed nor mandatory in Eevee version. If the whole idea is to "shatter traditions" then by all means do exactly that. Make the "gyms" story bosses and call it a day.

The Pikachu version is the one where tradition should be upheld after all. Assuming all of this is even legit, of course.

Yeah, it's also weird that RuffledRowlit thinks the Frontier rumor is the most realistic. Just because a rumor sounds the most realistic, doesn't necessarily mean it is. It's like comparing lemons to limes just because they are both sour.

I actually haven't seen the Frontier Rumour? What did it say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom