• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something to note about the leaked domains: They are separate. As in, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee each have their own separate website domains. Usually, the paired versions each share a website. This means one of two things:

1. The 2 versions are so drastically different that it makes sense to give them their own separate websites.
2. They're fake.

Here's something to note about the leaked domains: They are separate. As in, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee each have their own separate website domains. Usually, the paired versions each share a website. This means one of two things:

1. The 2 versions are so drastically different that it makes sense to give them their own separate websites.
2. They're fake.
Or 3 they lead to the same server.
Two different domains don't mean it will be different sites. Google owns several misspelled domains of them which all lead to the Google servers

Alas if we don't get anything this month. 21 is just speculative based on an April tweet. Most leakers just say sometime this month
I bet that if the leak is real, then it will be revealed on the 21st. It is Eevee Day, you know.

2. They're fake.
The same company also registered letsgopikachueevee.com, so chances are that the other two redirect to it.

And none of the leakers mentioned a specific reveal date.

Edit: I was minformed. The domain that was registered, pokemonletsgopikachueevee.com, was handled by a different company. Still, chances are there is a third official domain that is simply harder to think of.

Last edited:
Yeah there's no specific date to call anything on. Also with all the evidence I find it hard understand why people are still calling LGPE fake. It has a lot going for it and there' not much left to it other than a reveal. If I had to place my bets on a day I'd say Tuesday or Thursday. It could happen Monday too, but I'm not sure on that one. We shall see. All we know is that next week at some time it'll happen.

Yeah there's no specific date to call anything on. Also with all the evidence I find it hard understand why people are still calling LGPE fake. It has a lot going for it and there' not much left to it other than a reveal. If I had to place my bets on a day I'd say Tuesday or Thursday. It could happen Monday too, but I'm not sure on that one. We shall see. All we know is that next week at some time it'll happen.
Just because they have registered domains does not mean that they are real. GF has trademarked many titles that never became actual games, like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Delta Emerald, and it could be the same here. Most of the evidence can also be seen as mere coincidences. Also, some of the sources backing this up also backed up Pokemon Stars, and you know how that turned out.

Gen 8
They went to france in 2011 and Gen 6 came in 2013
How do you know when they went to France for XY? I don't recall any sighting of them. Anyway, there's a difference between November and say, February.

They went to caves? In 2017 and gen 8 could come 2019
It could, but considering that south France doesn't seem like a natural choice for the next region, those cave ideas could be incorporated in north Kanto for all we know.

RileyXY1 said:
Just because they have registered domains does not mean that they are real. GF has trademarked many titles that never became actual games, like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Delta Emerald, and it could be the same here.
The LGPE domains were registered as a reaction to the leaks/rumors. That is not the same thing as trademarking titles just in case they might be used one day. In fact, LGPE are so out there that it would be ridiculous for TPCi to register the domains for the hell of it.

Just because they have registered domains does not mean that they are real. GF has trademarked many titles that never became actual games, like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Delta Emerald, and it could be the same here. Most of the evidence can also be seen as mere coincidences. Also, some of the sources backing this up also backed up Pokemon Stars, and you know how that turned out.

You're ignoring all the other things tho. On top of it's domain names you also have Emily Rogers saying the games have odd titles and branding. Plus she said the reveal would happen by the end of the month which other sources agree with. Then you also have all the other reliable leakers saying that the titles are real. You can't just ignore everything else going on in order to serve your narrative. You have to look at everything. And at this point more things point to LGPE being real than fake.

You're ignoring all the other things tho. On top of it's domain names you also have Emily Rogers saying the games have odd titles and branding. Plus she said the reveal would happen by the end of the month which other sources agree with. Then you also have all the other reliable leakers saying that the titles are real. You can't just ignore everything else going on in order to serve your narrative. You have to look at everything. And at this point more things point to LGPE being real than fake.
Emily Rogers was also one of the sources backing up Stars last year. You can never believe a rumor is officially real until its officially confirmed. Also, they can surprise us and reveal something entirely different. You guys were in a similar boat with Stars last year. And as it turned out, UltraSun & Ultra Moon were announced instead.

Do you wish for them to be fake? Hmm I don‘t know, there is just too many things indicating, that they are most likely real, just too many references to eevee/pikachu, the domains, emily rogers, go influence talks, potential masuda hints, kanto leaks, project eevee, 1st april leak, pixelpar/veggiebird and other more or less credible people indicating for them to be real. Personally, I just can‘t doubt it anymore, just too much smoke here. I would be really suprised if this all comes out as fake.

Emily Rogers was also one of the sources backing up Stars last year. You can never believe a rumor is officially real until its officially confirmed. Also, they can surprise us and reveal something entirely different. You guys were in a similar boat with Stars last year. And as it turned out, UltraSun & Ultra Moon were announced instead.

Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee likely started out as what Stars was rumored to be (or what insiders thought Stars was at first). It lines up with what Emily is saying, and Tom of eurogamer was hinting that Stars had turned into a Yellow remake/re imagining as far back as December. These games not being a proper gen 8 support that further imo

It's really not farfetched at all to think that when stars was early in development, the team pivoted and realized that a Kanto game would be a better idea than another Alola game.

or Emily/Tom's sources saw an early tech demo/test of SM running on switch and thought it was the next main series game

This is different as there are now multiple sources saying it's real and on top of that we have a logo design leaked AND we have website domains registered. This is very different from last year and you can't even compare them. I will agree tho that nothing is confirmed until it's officially revealed, but everything we've seen until now isn't insignificant by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom