• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think the validity of Stars matters at this point- and if anything, I'd suspect that Stars was split into two versions to become Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, since Stars has the ring of a third title game.

There's a long list of things making LGPE seem too legit now, many of which may be taken with a grain of salt on their own, but sound suspiciously valid when combined:
  • The domain names that have been registered with Nintendo's usual domain registry.
  • The prevalence of Pikachu and Eevee promotion. Usually together, not separate.
  • Pixelpar's "Let's Go" hint long prior to the circulation of that Let's Go Pikachu title image.
  • Pokeshopper's upcoming Let's Go merchandise.
  • Joe's faith in the leak enough to post it on Serebii.
  • Pixelpar, Paul and Joe agreeing on anything.
  • Masuda's pokeball plushie image with the pokeball held at just the right angle to match the logo. (Though I deny the L on Luigichu's hat being any sort of "proof," the angle of that pokeball is uncanny.)

Speaking of the domain names...

View: https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/996792232501006337

Given the length of that domain name, I can understand why they would register pokemonletsgoeevee and pokemonletsgopikachu to use as redirects- who the heck wants to type in letsgopikachuletsgoeevee?

Though why they didn't just grab letsgoeevee and letsgopikachu is a little beyond me

The back of the Ultra Sun and Moon box has the "Lets Go" slogan fairly clearly written. Both Eevee and Pikachu were in USUM.

Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee confirmed lol

Attachments

• USUM.jpg
    USUM.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 110
Here's something to note about the leaked domains: They are separate. As in, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee each have their own separate website domains. Usually, the paired versions each share a website. This means one of two things:

1. The 2 versions are so drastically different that it makes sense to give them their own separate websites.
2. They're fake.

As someone already said, they likely just lead to the same site. Or they're visually similar but with info respective to each. IIRC, Blue and Red Rescue Team was a similar vein~ Doesn't mean they are drastically different in content. Or fake~ The domains literally exist, IDK how they can be fake?

But for now, if we get nothing revealed on the 21st of this month, then this leak is officially a fake.

The rumors could be fake but the games could be revealed at any time, there's no way we can predict when they will be officially announced~ Not getting anything on that date just means we weren't getting anything on that date~

The back of the Ultra Sun and Moon box has the "Lets Go" slogan fairly clearly written. Both Eevee and Pikachu were in USUM.

However in all other languages (including Japanese) "Let's go" was localised...so maybe not an actual hint. "Let's go" is what the professor says when your journey begins, it's common in Pokemon.

However in all other languages (including Japanese) "Let's go" was localised...so maybe not an actual hint. "Let's go" is what the professor says when your journey begins, it's common in Pokemon.

I wasn't being serious lol It was more of a testament of over analysing anything and everything to make a point.
But for real, the odds of Lets Go being the next games are fairly likely at this stage. The next week shall reveal all.

Here's something to note about the leaked domains: They are separate. As in, Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee each have their own separate website domains. Usually, the paired versions each share a website. This means one of two things:

1. The 2 versions are so drastically different that it makes sense to give them their own separate websites.
2. They're fake.
3. Redirect to main page

Back in SM, here in Spain they got three domains to redirect to the main page:
https://pokemonsol.es
https://pokemonluna.es
https://pokemonsolluna.es

Pikachu truck right under let‘s go, official confirmation here and new truck evolution for pikachu confirmed (y)

There was a sketched design seen in the main Sun and Moon long reveal trailer of a Blastoise fire truck.

I don't have a 3DS so I am not sure whether it actually appeared in game in either Sun/Moon or the Ultras, but I have never seen it in any videos of the games that I have seen!

Honestly, I don't think the validity of Stars matters at this point- and if anything, I'd suspect that Stars was split into two versions to become Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, since Stars has the ring of a third title game.

There's a long list of things making LGPE seem too legit now, many of which may be taken with a grain of salt on their own, but sound suspiciously valid when combined:
  • The domain names that have been registered with Nintendo's usual domain registry.
  • The prevalence of Pikachu and Eevee promotion. Usually together, not separate.
  • Pixelpar's "Let's Go" hint long prior to the circulation of that Let's Go Pikachu title image.
  • Pokeshopper's upcoming Let's Go merchandise.
  • Joe's faith in the leak enough to post it on Serebii.
  • Pixelpar, Paul and Joe agreeing on anything.
  • Masuda's pokeball plushie image with the pokeball held at just the right angle to match the logo. (Though I deny the L on Luigichu's hat being any sort of "proof," the angle of that pokeball is uncanny.)
On top of that the Chinese Riddler (the one from Sun/Moon that was super accurate) said “Kanto Remake/Reboot” months ago but it was removed, and then there was the Japanese Riddler who posted the “Reboot Mon” pic.

Too much adds up for it not to be nothing.

Here's something neat I've seen pointed out by RuffledRowlit: A performance evaluation of Team Rocket grunts, which ties into the Pokemon.com takeover by Team Rocket (an April's Fools hoax). Most of it is boring, but there are two notable things:

1. The screenshots are all from Yellow.

2. Jessie and James are praised for their activities.

3. The workers will be "re-evaluated in another 20 years."

20 years is probably a reference to Yellow's 20th anniversary, but this may imply that Jessie and James will return and 20 years will have passed in-game.

Haven't we been hearing "next week for sure" for a reveal for the past 6 months? I'd say we've been morr than patient.

Could LGPE still be fake? Yes it could.

But no one could be blamed for believeing it at this juncture there is a lot of evidence supporting the existance of these games. Emily was responsible for a lot of Switch leaks and has a good reputation even if she gets some things wrong. It's thanks to her that we knew the NX which was Switches code name as I recall, was going to be a hybrid, something that would have been very hard to guess at the time. And that's just one piece of evidence we have to back all this up.

Also the names of these games are a bit strange as many have pointed out. And while I myself don't think the names sound childish let's go pikachu and let's go Eevee would not be names I think anyone would have guessed had you asked before we got these leakes.

Even if this is wrong I doubt believeing a rumour about Pokemon in 2018 is going to be something we look back on latter and regreat.

Here's something neat I've seen pointed out by RuffledRowlit: A performance evaluation of Team Rocket grunts, which ties into the Pokemon.com takeover by Team Rocket (an April's Fools hoax). Most of it is boring, but there are two notable things:

1. The screenshots are all from Yellow.

2. Jessie and James are praised for their activities.

3. The workers will be "re-evaluated in another 20 years."

20 years is probably a reference to Yellow's 20th anniversary, but this may imply that Jessie and James will return and 20 years will have passed in-game.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U

I just gave myself the chills haha.

So anyone else think at this point that the "reboot" rumor wasn't meant as a reboot for the franchise but just a reboot for Pokemon Yellow? Because I can imagine that, while this game will probably be close to being a Yellow remake in concept (mostly just with... Pikachu following you and it being Kanto and all), that it will probably have much less of the anime's influence this time. Especially with custom trainers trending lately over being stuck with Ash as our player character. Plus we're so far from Ash's original Kanto journey that the anime references we had in Yellow just wouldn't make sense anymore.

That or "reboot" is just referring to a return to Kanto that isn't a traditional remake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom