• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can domain pokemon.com if they didn't refresh reservation and I have full right to that. I don't need permission. I see free domain, I can take it. Trademarks don't work on domains.

You're missing the point.....the domains weren't just registered by some schmuck off the internet. They were registered by a company Nintendo and TPC regularly use as a proxy. It's not some random person so you need to stop acting like it is. The company has a history of getting domains for Nintendo so it's not even up for discussion that the new ones are legit. You could argue that maybe they did it in a rush to keep others from jumping on them, but the domains are in fact official......

You're missing the point.....the domains weren't just registered by some schmuck. They were registered by a company Nintendo and TPC regularly use as a proxy. It's not some random person so you need to stop acting like it is. The company has a history of getting domains for Nintendo so it's not even up for discussion that the new ones are legit. You could argue that maybe they did it in a rush to keep others from jumping on them, but the domains are in fact official......

I said earlier we don't have Nintendo informations (like in others Nintendo domains) in whois report so anyone can through CSC buy domain. Maybe some squatting company buyed them fast through CSC... we really don't know. It's not proof, it's not official or confirmed.

I said earlier we don't have Nintendo informations (like in others Nintendo domains) in whois report so anyone can through CSC buy domain. Maybe some squatting company buyed them fast through CSC... we really don't know. It's not proof, it's not official or confirmed.

You're telling me that a company that has a long history of picking up domains for Nintendo is willing to risk that relationship just to make a quick buck from a troll? Are you kidding me?

Also I think you're confusing things. CSC is the company that bought the domains not the site where the domains were purchased on. The domains are very much on whois so stop saying that

You're telling me that a company that has a long history of picking up domains for Nintendo is willing to risk that relationship just to make a quick buck from a troll? Are you kidding me?

Also I think you're confusing things. CSC is the company that bought the domains not the site where the domains were purchased on. The domains are very much on whois so stop saying that

It's business after all.

And whois still show "Domain Administrator" instead of "Nintendo of America".

And I think everybody forgot that Nintendo protects their IP, so domained means nothing.

And people missed my point about Serebii reporting on the trademarks why?? If you're denying even that, then it seems like you either don't like the titles, don't want to return to Kanto, or both.

Everybody forgot about Serebii's "New Pokemon = New generation"? He can be wrong, like others.

And I like Yellow sequel idea.

@Gholume You can't fault somebody for a mistake that they made, because guess what? We all make them. The point still stands that Serebii is more credible than some schmuck on 4chan. He recognizes the trademarks as possibly real for the very reason that @Unown Seer said a couple posts above me. You're grasping at straws at this point here.

And whois still show "Domain Administrator" instead of "Nintendo of America".
Probably because CSC registered the domains on Nintendo's behalf very quickly after the logo had been leaked. And not including Nintendo's name is smart if they don't want to draw too much attention.

Probably because CSC registered the domains on Nintendo's behalf very quickly after the logo had been leaked. And not including Nintendo's name is smart if they don't want to draw too much attention.

Still Nintendo can just domained that just for safety their IP. Nothing more. After all titles are not bad (if someone ask me) and it's worth to take that. This can be only reason for domained that.

To try to clear this up, this is what it says on CSC's page for Domain Management & Strategy Services...

index.png

It's a lot of technical jargon, but if I'm reading it right, it sounds like they can take the initiative to register a domain for you if it means protecting your trademarks. The Domain Protected Marks List Program is also a system to prevent cybersquatting for companies' domains.

So not having Nintendo's name on it yet doesn't mean a whole lot when we do know that Nintendo uses CSC's services and CSC is pretty much paid to protect their trademarks from squatters, not give them away like free candy to anyone who comes by asking for it.

To try to clear this up, this is what it says on CSC's page for Domain Management & Strategy Services...

View attachment 110174

It's a lot of technical jargon, but if I'm reading it right, it sounds like they can take the initiative to register a domain for you if it means protecting your trademarks. The Domain Protected Marks List Program is also a system to prevent cybersquatting for companies' domains.

So not having Nintendo's name on it yet doesn't mean a whole lot when we do know that Nintendo uses CSC's services and CSC is pretty much paid to protect their trademarks from squatters, not give them away like free candy to anyone who comes by asking for it.

pokemonxy.com whois lookup - who.is

Whoops.

Eh, point taken.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee as titles, but I do feel like there's overwhelming support for them being real at this point. We can poke the domain names all we like, but the number of relatively credible sources backing it is unprecedented for any fake leak.

Eh, point taken.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee as titles, but I do feel like there's overwhelming support for them being real at this point. We can poke the domain names all we like, but the number of relatively credible sources backing it is unprecedented for any fake leak.

Personally, I like titles and idea. Specific titles but I think for players and fans imagination of new game will be clear - adventure. And of course we have a lot of different sources saying one type of title.

What am I missing here? This shows that CSC registered the official XY domain without using Nintendo's name. I don't see any notable differences from the current situation.

Then we saw CSC in details, not some Eddie from nowhere.

What's your point? Eddie Fernandez wasn't from Nintendo, but the domain was used by them. For the new domains, there is no indication that any random person was involved.

Every site domained by Nintendo have their address information in whois report. New domains don't have it.

Who?
Jon is a ResetEra mod and a reporter for a Gamexplain and a few others.He has correctly hinted at numerous Nintendo stuff in the past like Aces or Smash.
Zhuge is a reliable resetera mod who leaks sales data and has given correct hints for numerous stuff too.
Shinobii is another reliable resetera mod who gives correct hints.
They all hinted at Let's Go being real and/or an announcement soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom