• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

The page already says that; events are available in games with a colored background and not available in those with a whte background.
Oh okay, thank you. I don't understand why editions who aren't compatible with that are shown there generally. What I want to ask again then if I already post here: Shiny Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia I mentioned already twice the last year that Shiny Starly in Diamond and Pearl can be Shiny, I saw it in videos and it happened to myself when I hunted Shiny Turtwig. Is there a reason for this to not be added because the Shiny page is huge in comparison to many others and especially here I think a mistake is worser than on other pages. I hope my english is understandable.

Articles about Pichu Brothers ( Pichu Brothers - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia ) and about Bokura Pichu Pichuu Burazaazu! song ( Side by Side - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia ) don't even mention Boku-tachi Pichuu Burazaazu: Fuusen Soudou no Maki ( Trouble in Big Town - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia ) (aside from mentioning it in pokemon debut's section), even though it is anime about Pichu Brothers, and this song is its ending.

Last edited:
we have all overall stats for every each type, for fuly evolved, but where is the data how it did change between the generations and how it is for every single seperate generation?

Or how the generations are divided if we take the stats of all pokemon in one generation?

Also would want a better page with all the abilities that boost damage dealing moves when it comes to attacks and special attacks of moves "direct" like Sheer Force and "indirect" like Pure Power..
Berserker , Pure Power and some are not together like they should be, some are missing from that.
(imagine if we ever get a pokemon with a ability that grants immunity to indirect and direct boosted by alities damage dealing moves from abilities like Pure Power , Tough Claws- all physical moves, Iron Fist-pounching moves and Sheer Force-boosted moves with effects and others dependent on situtations Overgrow, Swarm, Torrent, Blaze, Berserker)

Last edited:
I have compiled a list of all Pokemon unavailable in the Generation V main games, as well as a list of Pokemon only available in White Forest (which is generally much harder to take advantage of now that the games are offline and not a lot of people play them). I think this would make a good page on the Wiki, however I don't have experience making a wiki page and I don't have a lot of time to put into making one. However, if anyone is interested in creating the page, I can send you the list. It is 96 Pokemon in total unavailable in Gen V (Including Victini, who is in kind of a gray area), and 33 Pokemon who are only available in their base forms in White Forest. I'm not sure how long this would actually take to implement, but I think it would be useful in general, as I've looked several times for such a list over the past few years and have never been able to find one.

After looking far and wide on the Internet, I have managed to gather all of Cap Pikachu's (except I Choose You! Pikachu) Wonder Card descriptions (which are not available after being shown once):

Ash and Pikachu have been together since their fateful encounter on Ash’s 10th birthday. Pikachu has been at Ash’s side since his first step towards becoming a Pokémon Master!

Ash and Pikachu travel across the ocean to the amazing Hoenn region. Together with their faithful companions, they embark on a high-spirited adventure.

Ash and Pikachu encounter a harsh rival upon arriving in Sinnoh. While they get off to a rocky start, they break through with steadfast determination.

When they arrive in Unova, the shadow of a Legendary Pokémon descends over Ash and Pikachu. Despite the ominous introduction, their hearts are filled with excitement as their adventure unfolds.

Ash and Pikachu arrive in Kalos and discover the mysteries of Mega Evolution, an Evolution beyond all Evolution. But Ash’s true aim is to become the Kalos League Champion!

Incredible Pokémon and fierce battles await Ash and Pikachu in the Alola region. A new, full-powered adventure featuring the famed duo begins.

I noticed that these Wonder Card descriptions are not on Bulbapedia and I think they would be nice addition to wherever Cap Pikachu's information may be. But I have no idea where to put on the wiki.

Hi,

I know I am new to this site series but I joined for a reason.

I want to add information to the Lucario Origins section on Bulbapedia from research I have gathered so far.

This info took me some time to gather. As I am posting this, I don't have a reference site sheet prepared but am waiting to hear reply before I do so. If it's a go, I will gather up the references

My Research:

Addition 1 shoulder discs:
The shoulder discs are actually tetsu wa (iron ring) or otherwise better known as tekkan. The release of Pokken Tournament helped solidify this statement due to the HD skin. Note that this confirms that the shoulder discs are made of metal.

Tekkan are solid iron rings used in martial arts training, an example of dojo I have found using these being from the RyuKyu style located in Japan. These are the precursors to our modern wrist weights as these rings were slid past the hand and onto the wrists. The martial artist would then form a fist to keep them from coming off.

An example of Tekkan in Gaming would be Chun-Li's spiked tekkan in Street Fighter. Also note that those spiked tekkan can help explain the tekkan on Mega Lucario.

As for the reason the Tekkan are on a lucario's shoulders is because lucario was conceptualized alongside the aura guardians. The aura guardians were based off a mixture of Buddhist Monks and Arthurian Knights, much like Star Wars' Jedi. As of such, the tekkan are re-positioned to resemble pauldrons(shoulder armor). There are some minor aspects to lucario's design that resemble a bit of armor, but more on that later.

Addition 2 chest spike:
As far as I can research a lucario's chest spike's closest reference is a badge on a cuirass(chest plate armor). A badge for a cuirass is usually a metal, symbol, or emblem added to a cuirass to show that the solider is of higher status. These badges are usually added to the top half of the cuirass where the chest muscles are (should sound familiar). These badges appear in many different armors be it Japanese, Greek, or European. The closest cuirass I could find to having a chest spike like badge was the Egyptian Khedive Guard Cuirass, which sports a sun badge with the middle of the sun protruding out.

It is known that badges on a cuirass are a mark of achievement and pride which somehow matches a riolu evolving into a lucario. Lucario gains the chest spike and it could be a mark of the species' pride (theoretical)

This follows up with the Knight connection as the chest fur could resemble a cuirass, the chest spike a badge, and the tekkan the pualdrons.

Addition 3 Appendages:
The appendages were hard to research but it all came together when I examined Sir Aaron's Staff. There is a trope of magical staffs having dangle talismans attached to them that float when detecting magical energies or are used for magic. I looked into the origin of most of this mythology and found a common source.

The appendages are based off the Buddhist Khakkhara or Shinto Shakujo. The most notable similarity is the four ringed Khakkhara. The four ringed or Noivce Khakkhara has four rings split into pairs, very simular to lucario's appendage formation. Also if you was to look at lucario from above, remove the mask pattern, and keep the appendages; you would find that Lucario's mask pattern with the appendages resembles the shape of the Khakkhara.

The Khakkhara IS used in many ceremonys and is shaken to dispel ignorance. We know two things about Lucario's appendages, they rise when detecting aura and vibrate when doing so. We could connect the vibrations to the shaking of the khakkhara and the levitation to the magical staff trope.

Although what is notable about this connection is that the four ringed khakkhara is given to a novice monk, which aligns with the lucario mentality. The lucario often see themselves as novices and constantly train both mind and body to reach greater heights. You can check the Lucario Dialog from the PMD or Poke Park series for that. As well the four ringed Khakkhara also represent the Four Noble Truths. The Four Noble Truths oddly have a connection to a lucario's mindset on things based on game dialog. The Four Noble Truths is the journey of knowing you are in pain with things bringing you pain, accepting the pain, disciplining yourself to rid of earthly desires, accepting that the world will never satisfy you, escaping the pain, and escaping the cycle of re-incarnation from finally being satisfied. (some hints to the movie but... questionable)

Even Mega Lucario has a connection as if we look at the 1st and 4th truth (being the outer red tipped appendages) we may have a hint. The first truth is that you are always in pain. The fourth truth is that you have escaped the pain and satisfied yourself. We know that a lucario is in constant pain when in mega evolution and that in order to control it, it has to discipline itself to not just realize the pain but escape it.

The Khakkhara on the head lies another knightly connection as the helmet. It is a helmet with holes cut out for the ears and resemblance to a chain mail mesh behind the head being the appendages.

Addition 4 Paws:

Lucario's paws are based off boxing gloves if that wasn't obvious. Mainly they are based off the three digit version. Although the reason for three digits may be something to do in Japan. There is a bit of an unexplained situation seen in many censorship when something is sent to Japan about 4 digits. It is known that 4 digits means something bad in Japan, whether it be connections to the Yakuza or something else. You see normal canines have 4 digits if you exclude the dew claw, so reducing lucario just to three digits on it's paws could have been a move to prevent the 4 digit thing.

As for a statement to comfirm the connection to boxing gloves, it is the Mega Lucario design. The red paws help connect the boxing gloves to paws further while also making another connection. The addition to the paws being the extra spikes may be a reference to the trope of boxers hiding bladed weapons in their gloves, which works along with Mega Lucario's Heartless fighting style.

==============

There is probably more for me to find. The only other things I could mention is that Lucario uses mixed martial arts and weapon based martial arts. Although it would probably take someone experienced in that field to point out what styles are being used.

Last edited:
Hi,

I know I am new to this site series but I joined for a reason.

I want to add information to the Lucario Origins section on Bulbapedia from research I have gathered so far.

[...]
That is a lot of research.

The tekkan is interesting.

The chest spike is highly speculative since it plainly is not an emblem of any sort and Lucario doesn't look much like it's wearing any sort of armor either.

As for the Khakkhara, I can't imagine what shape or pattern you're seeing in Lucario in any way. I'm curious, though: where do you get the notion that "a lucario is in constant pain when in mega evolution and that in order to control it, it has to discipline itself to not just realize the pain but escape it" from?

The paws seem like a bit of a stretch to me. Animals can easily have differently colored paws. And it just doesn't evoke a boxing glove to me.

Well for th
That is a lot of research.

The tekkan is interesting.

The chest spike is highly speculative since it plainly is not an emblem of any sort and Lucario doesn't look much like it's wearing any sort of armor either.

As for the Khakkhara, I can't imagine what shape or pattern you're seeing in Lucario in any way. I'm curious, though: where do you get the notion that "a lucario is in constant pain when in mega evolution and that in order to control it, it has to discipline itself to not just realize the pain but escape it" from?

The paws seem like a bit of a stretch to me. Animals can easily have differently colored paws. And it just doesn't evoke a boxing glove to me.
Well the tekkan are the most solid of this
Untitled Document

There's a source for that. The relation only came to light due to Pokken.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/w4zyfxzP3hE/maxresdefault.jpg
As you can see they added a metal texture to the tekkan on the shoulders. Although that is just the movie model. The in game model actually has a deep scratch cut into the tekkan to make the point known that they are metal
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.KWKqdZgQd_ebyFHM2NQaEAHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=293&h=165
(these images were derived from trailers on Youtube)

You can read the info in the source up there about what the tekkan are. Like stated before, the tekkan were moved to the shoulders to act as pauldrons. In fact the funny thing about those tekkan anatomy wise is that they are not a part of the upper arm. It seems they are the shoulder socket. Although the tekkan themselves (although they don't rotate) pivot to give more mobility. This means they are a bone between the shoulder bones and the upper arm bones.

The research started because of this "How to Draw Anime" book I had where the demo martial artists were wearing the tekkan. I swore they had to come from somewhere and then Chun-Li from Street Fighter had them too. Although it is hard to search for Tekkan on the internet so it took me forever to find the info (about 2 weeks) so the link up there will help ya out.

As for the chest spike, that is about as close as an explanation as I could find, and you are right it is pretty speculative as I couldn't find any examples of a badge that was purely a spike. Although it helped explain why the tekkan were moved to the shoulders to simulate armor. Heck even the shorts have a bit of armor resemblance in them as they are baggy pants with leg armor worn over them. They were left baggy to aid in mobility. Although if we were to say that the "shorts" were based off anything, it would be pocket-less boxing shorts (because you don't want pockets for any grabbing).

The Khakkhara though was a journey, it sent me to many of places. I never suspected a Buddhism connection but at the same time Buddhism was (still kinda is) huge in Japan.

I've prepared for you a very quick rendition of what a lucario looks like from above head wise. I double checked my figurines in my room to verify the shape.

View: https://i.imgur.com/wOEJbRA.png
(drawn rendition)
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.o5llqLTe2PlKio8XybDo-gHaGE&pid=15.1&P=0&w=209&h=172 (example of khakkhara, remember that the 4 ringed version is given to novice monks. The six ringed are the next step up)
If you compare the shapes, you will see the first part of the connection.

The Khakkhara or Shakujo can be seen in anime such as Inuyasha Naruto, and many more.

As to why this connection came to be found was because of one object
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.da7siWa-XR3IQX_pae5EagHaGt&pid=15.1&P=0&w=169&h=154

Which would be Sir Aaron's Staff from the movie. At first you may think of it as some kind of magic trope mage staff, and you would be right. Sir Aaron's Guardian Staff features the combination of a Khakkhara and a medieval wizard wand. The parts that resemble it being a Khakkhara are it obviously being a weapon, the circle pieces of metal, and the dangles. The part of it that makes it similar to a medieval wizard wand is how it is structured and the crystal.

Now why is this important? It all has to do with the dangles which match lucario's appendage shape because both lucario and that staff were conceptualized together.

Those dangles reach into a trope I mentioned earlier of talismans vibrating or floating in the air when detecting energies. The same as true of them floating and vibrating when you channel energies through them (using magic). Most of this trope actually comes from the Buddhist Khakkhara because of the traveling monks. You could say folklore and other myths would rise when a monk visited a location that had no knowledge of them. Monks were often known to dispel evil in their journeys by performing ceremonies where they would shake the staff. You can see this in Shinto practices in Japan today when Shinto priests would use their khakkhara (or in their case Shakujo) to dispel spirits from objects to prevent them from turning into Yokai. There is an entire Shinto Holiday in Japan where they have people bring their unwanted toys and items to be blessed and burned before they become Yokai.

The Khakkhara of course became twisted and misunderstood in other countries so sometimes the monks would be accused of using magic and well the trope of dangle talismans on magical staffs began.

It is pretty clear that the design on Lucario pays homage to the dangle trope while also carrying the shape of the Khakkhara from above. In fact I am pretty sure that if you took a large enough Khakkhara and bent it to become a helmet and put it on a Jackal's head, the shape would appear (yes I know you guys classify The Golden Jackal as the Golden Wolf due to the controversy of whether jackals should be classified as wolves or not.).

As for the connection to the four noble truths I mentioned before, this will help ya out:
Khakkhara - Wikipedia (Khakkhara)
Four Noble Truths - Wikipedia (Four Noble Truths)

You was questioning the whole mega lucario thing I mentioned earlier, it's in bulbapedia under the mega dex entries:

"Black streaks all over its body show where its auras and the energy of Mega Evolution intermingled and raced through it."
"It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless."

You can probably guess that when it says "black streaks" it means where it burned when infinity energy fused with it's aura. As you know from the famous anime scene, mega evolution can cause Mega Lucario to go berserk if it cannot control itself. This level of bezerk is not just from the immense power but also from the pain of Mega Evolution. It is already documented in the Mega Dex entries that Mega Evolution causes Pokemon intense pain. Normally Lucario is a pokemon that senses the emotions of others through aura. Although in order to control itself in Mega form, it has to lock away it's heart and focus. If it loses focus, it will go bezerk. Mega Lucario knows it is in pain, and to escape the pain it has to conquer it.

As for the boxing gloves.... I thought that was entirely obvious and wouldn't need explaining, but if you feel it doesn't need to be included then that one I can forfeit. The chest spike is still debatable and speculative. The only thing holding that together is the armor motif.

I hope this helped clear most of that up.

Well the tekkan are the most solid of this
Untitled Document

[...]

I see what you mean about the Khakkhara now. The mask forms the main, bisected ring, and the psuedo-ears are the rings/talismans. That and tekkan might be worth mentioning.

About the Mega Evolution, you say, "It is already documented in the Mega Dex entries that Mega Evolution causes Pokemon intense pain". Not to be mean, but that's completly false. The entries for Lucario's Mega form do not mention "pain" at all. I don't watch the anime, so if they mention pain at all anywhere specifically, you'll have to point it out for me. I tried watching XY032 where Korrina's Lucario lost control (presuming that's what you were referring to), but they seem to directly blame its loss of control on its fighting instincts being heightened and taking over.

I see what you mean about the Khakkhara now. The mask forms the main, bisected ring, and the psuedo-ears are the rings/talismans. That and tekkan might be worth mentioning.

About the Mega Evolution, you say, "It is already documented in the Mega Dex entries that Mega Evolution causes Pokemon intense pain". Not to be mean, but that's completly false. The entries for Lucario's Mega form do not mention "pain" at all. I don't watch the anime, so if they mention pain at all anywhere specifically, you'll have to point it out for me. I tried watching XY032 where Korrina's Lucario lost control (presuming that's what you were referring to), but they seem to directly blame its loss of control on its fighting instincts being heightened and taking over.
Well the official term for the psuedo ears is appendages thanks to the Pokemon XY Mega evolution announcement page. Kinda wish they had a better name.

Although when I was refering to:
"It is already documented in the Mega Dex entries that Mega Evolution causes Pokemon intense pain." I wasn't just referring to solely Lucario. There are a ton of Mega Dex entries that speak of the pokemon in extreme pain.....

So..... to try to satisfy with statements.... I searched for the Japanese Mega Lucario Dex entries from Sun and Moon
メガルカリオ|ポケモンずかん|ポケモンだいすきクラブ

I tried to see what the japanese versions had to say and worked alongside my friend in Malaysia to try and translate the text as Google never helps.
You may want a translator for this but this is what we got:

メガシンカ エネルギーと はどうがまじりあい かけめぐった あとがぜんしんに くろく きざまれている。 (『ポケモン サン』より)

Megashinka Enerugi-to hadougamajiriai kakemegutta atogazenshin ni kuroku kisamaneteiru. (Pokemon San yori)

It's Mega Evolution energy makes it's waves run around it's body, engraving itself with black marks. (From Pokemon Sun)

ぜんしんけいを しゅうちゅうしてめのまえの てきに いどむ。 たたかいぶりは ひじょうの ひとこと。 (『ポケモン ムーン』より)

Zenshinkeiwo shouchuutemenomaeno tekini idomu. Tatakaiburi ha hijouno hitokoto. (Pokemon Mu-n yori)

The state of it's body makes concentration specifically challenging. In battle, only one word can very much describe it. (From Pokemon Moon)

The state of it's body causes penalty to it's concentration, making it specifically challenging. In battle one word can very much describe it. (From Pokemon Moon)

Punishment to it's entire body makes concentration specifically challenging. In battle, only one word can very much describe it. (From Pokemon Moon)

It depends on how Zenshinkeiwo is translated....

Zenshinkeiwo can mean "state of the body" although breaking it apart into Zenshin "entire body" and keiwo "punishment to" is what you get. One is pretty ambiguous without context being "state of the body" that could refer to it's current form or health. The other is slightly less ambiguous that it could refer to either "The form puts a strain on it's body" or "The form causes it pain".

So... closest I got for ya.

You made me do more research, you do a great job!!

Zenshinkeiwo can mean "state of the body" although breaking it apart into Zenshin "entire body" and keiwo "punishment to" is what you get. One is pretty ambiguous without context being "state of the body" that could refer to it's current form or health. The other is slightly less ambiguous that it could refer to either "The form puts a strain on it's body" or "The form causes it pain".
I don't know how you translated "keiwo", but that's not a word... Even if it was a word that I somehow can't look up, it's not that word here. (I know Japanese.) The English dex entry renders that as "mental energies", which is plenty accurate.

ぜんしんけいを しゅうちゅうしてめのまえの てきに いどむ。 たたかいぶりは ひじょうの ひとこと。 (『ポケモン ムーン』より)

Zenshinkeiwo shouchuutemenomaeno tekini idomu. Tatakaiburi ha hijouno hitokoto. (Pokemon Mu-n yori)

{snip}

It depends on how Zenshinkeiwo is translated....

My Japanese vocabulary is atrociously insufficient help here much, but there's a key mistake you seem to be making here. The wo in zenshinkeiwo isn't part of the word. It's a particle, to mark zenshinkei as the object of the sentence. So there is no "keiwo", like Tiddlywinks said. Unfortunately I can't help with what zenshinkei can mean, because without kanji to pin down the meaning I have no idea which of the dozens of meanings zen shin and kei can have are the correct meanings to use. {Seriously even zenshin alone has like three dozen meanings. Whole body and wholehearted are the most likely, but still.} The point is though, wherever you're getting punishment from, I fear it's through a misunderstanding of how Japanese grammar works.

Also of less importance, your ro-maji for しゅうちゅうしてめのまえの is off. It's shuuchuushitemenomaeno [and again, the no isn't part of the word, it's a particle]. You confused the first ゅ for a ょ and left out the second し. I'm not sure if that affects anything since you probably only used the kana to look things up, but just in case I thought I'd point it out.

Is there any reason for my suggestion to be ignored? Nothing important for me but I think that you want that all your information are correct, so I don't understand why suggestions or error correction for the main page are getting ignored. The fact I mentioned two posts above is not the first correction which is getting ignored. Or am I in the wrong place here? Doesn't look like it.

Is there any reason for my suggestion to be ignored? Nothing important for me but I think that you want that all your information are correct, so I don't understand why suggestions or error correction for the main page are getting ignored. The fact I mentioned two posts above is not the first correction which is getting ignored. Or am I in the wrong place here? Doesn't look like it.
Ignored (IDK why), unnoticed (the forums aren't the most frequented place for BP, especially since the Discord), and forgotten (none of this is anyone's day job exactly) are all reasonable possibilities, not just the one option.

Fixed

Suggestion regarding moves pages
I was wanting to get Psycho Cut for my Absol in X and so I looked on the article for it here on Bulbapedia. However, the page did not have the locations of the TMs on it. It would be a good idea for scenarios like this to add that section.

Suggestion regarding moves pages
I was wanting to get Psycho Cut for my Absol in X and so I looked on the article for it here on Bulbapedia. However, the page did not have the locations of the TMs on it. It would be a good idea for scenarios like this to add that section.
Psycho Cut isn't a TM, so that's why you didn't see it.

For moves that are TMs, you'll have to click on their TM name and go to the TM's page, where their locations are listed.

Back
Top Bottom