• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that after Black and White GF would make another Pokémon game with only Pokémon from a single generation. It would only make sense if there was trouble creating the new Pokémon models, but even then they'd have to make them all available at some point anyway. From a gameplay and marketing perspective it's only negative in my eyes. Although I doubt it, if this is true I'll be very surprised and upset.

It would make sense actually, at least prior to post game. If there really are any new forms/evos for gen 1 pokemon, they’d probably like you to focus on those.

The only real way this is an issue is if PokeBank is unavailable from the start, for those who wish to use other mons.

The only way I’d be cool with 1st gen only is if they greatly increased the amount of animations and interactability between trainer and Pokemon (maybe between teammates too? That’s one of the nice things about the anime, that the Pokemon have different relationships between each other as well as with their trainer). I’ll use Persian and Nidoqueen and Sandslash again if they feel like actual teammates.

Even then, it wouldn’t really feel like a main series game if it was limited to Kanto Pokemon only and didnt let us import old favorites

I find it hard to believe that after Black and White GF would make another Pokémon game with only Pokémon from a single generation. It would only make sense if there was trouble creating the new Pokémon models, but even then they'd have to make them all available at some point anyway. From a gameplay and marketing perspective it's only negative in my eyes. Although I doubt it, if this is true I'll be very surprised and upset.
This is Game freak we’re talking about.

They always do the bare minimum for pretty much everything. I can see them just copy pasting the Kanto pokedex without any changes and call it a day, as boring as it sounds.
The only real way this is an issue is if PokeBank is unavailable from the start, for those who wish to use other mons.
Let’s be honest here. We all know it’s not going to be available from the start, just like gen 6/7.

They could easily do another FRLG / BW and lock other generational Pokémon to post game. It’s not a big deal if the games are immersive and give us a beautiful visual experience + whatever other cool features.

They could easily do another FRLG / BW and lock other generational Pokémon to post game. It’s not a big deal if the games are immersive and give us a beautiful visual experience + whatever other cool features.
Not a big deal? Sorry, but i don’t want to be spammed with poison types and having only one dragon and ghost line all over again. Not to mention that they’d be ignoring dark types completely.

It was dumb when FRLG locked pokemon from other generations, and it’d be dumb if they do it again.
yhwiG7y_d.jpg

Last edited:
He wrote now, we can't evolve Golbat or breed Pichu from egg.

Someone can change his leaks from "Unconfirmed" to "Fake"? Believing him is stupid.

I wish they would just hurry up and reveal it so we can get an idea of what's going on, what's true, etc. I was super supportive of a Kanto revisit because I was hoping they would do something meaningful with it - update the dex, the region, show more progression in existing characters. But if this is true, and combined with the Lapras image leak, it seems like none of that is going to happen (or if there is it will be very little). And if that's the case, I'm out. I have plenty of other games to play this year, my money and time can go elsewhere.

Not a big deal? Sorry, but i don’t want to be spammed with poison types and having only one dragon and ghost line all over again. Not to mention that they’d be ignoring dark types completely.

It was dumb when FRLG locked pokemon from other generations, and it’d be dumb if they do it again.
yhwiG7y_d.jpg

Don’t get the game then simple. We’ve dealt with it twice, what’s one more lol. Let’s just wait for a reveal or news before jumping the gun.

from a guy who only uses the pokemons of given gen, i didnt touch gen 1 well, since gen 1, i wouldnt hate the idea of using only gen 1 until post game and then it opens up to you, maybe all 151 follow you but they couldnt do all 800, it would be a compromise and maybe some improvements if they only need to focus on gen 1, if nothing is improved and its that limited that would be sad though...

"Kanto pokemon" is not limited to the 151. We also have everything up to HG/SS that was in Kanto as well. If they want to go the FR/LG route, though, that was always stupid, and it would go against the matter that HG/SS fixed that issue. BUT APPARENTLY GAMEFREAK CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE AN EXACT PORT OF THE VC GAME TO SWITCH, SO WE CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING.

Wow, you're really fast. He's fake. Don't worry.
Yeah just went to post it, didn't read if it was commented early

Wdym by fake? Unless someone hacked his tripcode, it's the same as the 1april post

Dude predicted this on apirl first I see no reason to doubt him now, besides this sounds like something GF would do (because they did with frlg) if so this kanto bs has gone to a new level
He predicted titles (exactly not really because someone posted titles almost year ago on Italian forum), only one thing. Every other isn't confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom