• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a week ago I remember seeing the 4chan thread about the titles being posted in an Italian forum a year back. Pretty sure it was proven that the forum post was just edited and not actually posted a year ago

Outright denying LGPE doesn't exist in some form or another at this point just reads to me as denial. This situation doesn't compare to Plus/Minus, Ultra/Infa red or w/e even remotely

That being said, I can see gamefreak sticking with the original 151 if these games aren't meant to be a literal reboot (not likely and a bad idea, but with gamefreak saying stuff like "with the series moving to console, we have to do things different, I can actually see it happening)

All we can do is hope for the best. The dude did post his "real leaks" on April fools day. Maybe he just likes having fun and knew saying "151 only" would rile the fanbase up

This recent leak is, concerning, to say the least. We're not actually sure how much of this is real. Who knows honestly. But I do think it's a bad decision on GF's part to do this. Yes, these games are possibly Yellow remakes, but honestly it's a lot of wasted potential to not to do more with the Pokemon. GF is always finding new ways to pander to Genwunnes, and to leave out the older fans, the ones who want something new. But again, we don't know how much of this is true, and how much of this is false. We don't know anything about the leaker. Heck, maybe he just heard the names of the games, and this is him just trying to win over some attention. (but the initial leak being posted on April first does make that idea a little sketchy, since most know that April 1st is the day that your leak is likely to go unnoticed.

Moving onto something else though, I did see something in the data system for the bookstore I work at that might back up the whole Kanto revisit idea. You see, there are these little books called Pocket Comics, and they have them for a few generations (though I haven't seen one for Alola yet, maybe that or I'm just not looking). In the data system , it says there is one coming out called Pocket Comics: Classic (maybe referencing Kanto and all the old Pokemon) that is coming out into the store in mid-November. I know the current belief is that these games are very much real, but it's just a little something to back it u.

The more rumors i see about the game the weirder it gets, is there any chence we looking at a big spin off and not game freak's game ?

Can't we all just go to an abandoned parking garage and set ourselves on fire and burn until the announcement miraculously decends upon us?

images

Why would they have clafairy and jigglypuff as the only fairy pokemon but not have steel types or dark types since it's only the og 151 mons? This leak is so fake holy shit

Alolan Dugtrio and Sandshrew and Alolan Raticate should be enough Dark and Steel coverage in Game Freak's eyes according to this rumor

Ahh yes, every single rumor this game gets makes me want it even less. I can't wait to have my least favorite set of pokemon be the only ones in the game. Thanks Game Freak you really know how to anti-promote this game to me.

God I hope these are all fake but I know that they're real and it suuuuuuks.

Last edited:
I feel like I’ve gone back in time 2 years when people were terrified that we’d be getting the Gen 1 starters for Sun and Moon instead of new ones. I don’t know if everyone’s forcing themselves into despair because we didn’t get an announcement today, or what, but this is starting to get out of hand. Relax, everything is (probably) going to be OK.

Besides, despite this disdain, people are going to buy the games anyway. That's just how it works.
Please don’t speak on the behalf of everyone here.

I’m sure the masses/casuals will buy the game regardless, but I personally cannot justify paying 60$ for what sounds like a prettier version of FRLG, assuming these leaks are true.

I feel like I’ve gone back in time 2 years when people were terrified that we’d be getting the Gen 1 starters for Sun and Moon instead of new ones. I don’t know if everyone’s forcing themselves into despair because we didn’t get an announcement today, or what, but this is starting to get out of hand. Relax, everything is (probably) going to be OK.

I can almost guarantee you this is what's happening. Rumor gets spread that it'll be revealed on X day, X day arrives with no announcement and people start screaming bloody murder and 2019.

I’m sure the masses/casuals will still buy the game regardless, but I personally cannot justify paying 60$ for what sounds like a prettier version of FRLG.

I’m sure other plenty of other long-time fans feel the same.

Last I heard, the leakers that are more credible than the yahoo that started this says otherwise. I don't know about you, but leakers with a decent track record are worth more paying attention to than some stupid trip code.

Last I heard, the leakers that are more credible than the yahoo that started this says otherwise. I don't know about you, but leakers with a decent track record are worth more paying attention to than some stupid trip code.
Do tell me what these credible leakers are saying that contradicts what i said. Most of them are just saying it’s a Kanto revisit and nothing more.
I think you will be dissapointed expecting that...
I’ll be happy if it turns out to be more than that, but my expectations are at rock bottom right now.

Last edited:
If they won’t allow cross-evos(according to the rumor) i can’t see them allowing regional variants either.

One rumor said they (Alolan Forms) would be included so that would "solve" the lack of those two types, but it's probs fake as a whole so it doesn't really matter to me~ Which was pretty much my point in the first place, doubt it will just be Gen I mons~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom