• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP15: Fighting Back the Tears!

Some people are rather critical of James Carter Cathcart's work on the series, personally I don't like Team Rocket much so don't like his role but he isn't bad, I can think of a few worse actors and actresses at times

Were you not paying attention when Carter's voice cracked when he tried to talk like a girl during Mareanie's flashback? Or how he had to resort to screaming like Meowth at one point?

Trust me I'm not a fan of him neither, but I learned to accept the fact that the TPCi voice actors are here to stay for the long run, even James Carter Cathcart himself said in a recent interview that he's going to continue doing Pokemon for as long as he can with no plans to retire. The Orginal VAs have all moved on now into other things, if they weren't brought back during the early PUSA/ SOVA days, and they weren't brought back during these recent Kanto based episodes and the 20th Aniverary Movie, the chances for them ever returning are very very unlikely at this point. So the best we can do at this point is take the dub as it is, or simply watch the subbed version liken many others have done.

I do not want to go off topic so I will stop talking about that now.

*Back to the main topic*

I just wanted to mention that one of the highlights of the Sun & Moon anime that I really enjoy have been the Team Rocket focused episodes. Its nice to see the TRio focusing (and succeeding) on other things rather than going after Pikachu, failing, and blasting off. It's nice seeing them win for a change.

Trust me I'm not a fan of him [either], but I learned to accept the fact that the TPCi voice actors are here to stay for the long run, even James Carter Cathcart himself said in a recent interview that he's going to continue doing Pokemon for as long as he can with no plans to retire. The [Original Dub] VAs have all moved on now into other things, if they weren't brought back during the early PUSA/ SOVA days, and they weren't brought back during these recent Kanto based episodes and the 20th [Anniversary] Movie, the chances for them ever returning are very very unlikely at this point. So the best we can do at this point is take the dub as it is, or simply watch the subbed version [like] many others have done.
We know that, but although I'm on Timsworld's level on his performance, I'm just chiming into say that what puts some people off right now of the dub is how heavy the music changes have gotten (pretty much every episode this Season has been a 1-2/xx from what I've been told since I don't really watch it now, and no, I'm not joking before someone asks), in addition to the visuals edits returning at random intervals that we thought were gone after 4Kids flew the coop- this aspect certainly doesn't help for some, but the problems some people have with the dubbing are more than just acting (which is one), these days. Anyway, ignoring me beating the dead horse many including myself have beaten in the past on this...people will have different tastes in the end so will like/dislike things other may like, is how we can put this discussion to rest, imo.

Anyway...the Meowth scream coming out of James' mouth in the dub was...unexpected, to say the least...I did absolutely get a laugh out of it at the very least, I guess- just posting this to keep the thread relevant.

Last edited:
Remember: this is Meowth himself telling the story. He SHOULD sound like Meowth.

I thought Mewoth's story was the most hilarious thing they've done in years, the voices were amazing lol

Also someone should add that it wans't James' voice that was used for that scream to the trivia lol. It's worth mentioning

Apparently voice cracking is bad now. Hear that, teenage male voice actors?
Also stop repeating the same points, we get it, you don't like him
When one's voice aint capable of reaching certain hights one shouldn't be forcing it to reach those hights regardless. The results of that are more often then not not very good so.

Wow, a James and Mareanie focus episode... I'm excited!

Gotta agree with Jessie! Shopping is the best stress buster there is. ;)

Mareanie getting jealous LOL! Wonder what would have happened had James actually caught Frillish... :whistle::p

Aww... James and Mareanie are so cute together. :love:

Wait, the other Mareanie looks different... :eek:

Bwah, James's Mareanie has a sad past... Been there! Oof!

Wait, the other Mareanie getting jealous LOL! :LOL:

Oh so, we have a Toxapex debut here. That's awesome! :X3::X3::love: Also, poor James, he just can't seem to get a break from being poisoned!

That flee was hilarious. :LOL:

WHAT? James wishes to release his Mareanie?! NOOO!!! :cry:

Of course, Ash and the gang catch notice of the Brutal Star Pokémon. That's nice, I guess. At least, she would have someone to take care of her while things are sorted out between James, her and Toxapex.

Aww... Mareanie! My heart can't take her sadness. :cry:

James saving Mareanie from the Tentacruel was pretty heartwarming and cute. (y):X3:

Oof... James pushing Mareanie away like that was kinda harsh smh. :rolleyes:

Toxapex taking a stand for his crush... That's lovely! (y):love:

LOL slap fight.

Glad things were ultimately sorted out between the three. And, James doesn't release his Mareanie after all. That's awesome! (y):love:

What's with Tentacruel attacking Mareanie and Toxapex all the time LOL.

A pretty heartwarming, cute episode. I'll give it a 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom