• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the chinese leaker vegetable bird was talking about:
DdxXnUKU0AMljsP.jpg:large

Hopefully he’s right.

What did i miss? what the chinese leaker said?

only 151 mons?... okay accept the idea for return kanto but its not specially make me hype (so sorry for people wants it but my case its not the same) its not gen 8 its a gen-1 remake
okay accept idea eevee and pikachu are mascots of this game but everytime i feel stuck because cost accept this title
anyone feels the same? maybe not good for you i want be open minded and live the life excited for these things
dude grame freak since this last years your decisions its... hard to explain

This recent leak is, concerning, to say the least. We're not actually sure how much of this is real. Who knows honestly. But I do think it's a bad decision on GF's part to do this. Yes, these games are possibly Yellow remakes, but honestly it's a lot of wasted potential to not to do more with the Pokemon. GF is always finding new ways to pander to Genwunnes, and to leave out the older fans, the ones who want something new. But again, we don't know how much of this is true, and how much of this is false. We don't know anything about the leaker. Heck, maybe he just heard the names of the games, and this is him just trying to win over some attention. (but the initial leak being posted on April first does make that idea a little sketchy, since most know that April 1st is the day that your leak is likely to go unnoticed.

Moving onto something else though, I did see something in the data system for the bookstore I work at that might back up the whole Kanto revisit idea. You see, there are these little books called Pocket Comics, and they have them for a few generations (though I haven't seen one for Alola yet, maybe that or I'm just not looking). In the data system , it says there is one coming out called Pocket Comics: Classic (maybe referencing Kanto and all the old Pokemon) that is coming out into the store in mid-November. I know the current belief is that these games are very much real, but it's just a little something to back it u.

151 original only are remakes not Gen 8, so it definitely is fake. At least... I hope it is. Even if they were "redesigned" (as some leaks suggest) which is something GameFreak has technically already been doing for the last two gens with Kanto mons, it is not adequate, especially on a new popular console.

Only way this is acceptable are if the games were heavily story based and different enough from past Kanto games to make catching the originals actually worth it. A Kanto from a different dimension or something. Even then I'm not sure if it's worth it.

If this is at all relevant Masaaki Iwane, one of the Anime's animators Posted this Tweet:

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/998755270766477313?s=20

Google Translation: Series layout launched
The guy's over at Resetera thinks he's referring to the Next Series of Pokémon but there's no indication it's coming this year or that he even is referring to Pokémon, and while I believe it is entirely within the realm of possibility that they could have another series out by…say November, I'd be surprised if they could finish SM by that time, but I expected them to carry on to the Release of Gen 8, but if LGP/E just so happens to be Gen 8…well…I suppose they could make it something to keep people going until a New Region comes along for Ash to explore, but that begs the question why not keep SM going until then? Unless a New Region isn't coming until at least 2020 as I reckon SM could last to to end of 2019 if they're generous with the filler but not to the end of 2020.
I've also posted this on the USUM / Untitled Switch game anime speculation thread

Gonna stay up with you guys on here. (Adjusting my sleep schedule to play this closed beta for a Korean mmo). Might as well wait for a potential announcement in the meantime.

I think LGPE is just a warm up for gen 8
I think LGPE will be 2018 and Gen 8 will be 2019 (hinted by vegetable bird as well)
Here's hoping, but it seems strange doesn't it? Launching 4 main series releases 4 years running? It's not something they've done before, but I suppose if GAME FREAK thinks they can handle it…

Here's hoping, but it seems strange doesn't it? Launching 4 main series releases 4 years running? It's not something they've done before, but I suppose if GAME FREAK thinks they can handle it…
If stars is real, then not really
The real stars could have shifted into kanto remakes, with the leftovers being put in usum. It looks like usum didn't take long to make, seeing how simular it is to the original SM

My goodness, reading through the recent posts is so ridiculous. No matter what's true or false, I find it hilarious how the plot keeps thickening. Rumours pertaining to other rumours, horribly photoshopped images by imposters of seemingly believable 'leakers', a Chinese 'informant' discrediting the original 'leaker', mysterious posts on an Italian forum from years ago. You can't make this up omg.

My goodness, reading through the recent posts is so ridiculous. No matter what's true or false, I find it hilarious how the plot keeps thickening. Rumours pertaining to other rumours, horribly photoshopped images by imposters of seemingly believable 'leakers', a Chinese 'informant' discrediting the original 'leaker', mysterious posts on an Italian forum from years ago. You can't make this up omg.

I agree, this leak season was very adventurous, we should make a movie out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom