• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly are we going to grind? there's only a certain amount of trainers.
If it's like Go, I'm pretty sure you either level up by catching pokemon or turning them into candy. Who knows, there might be something we're missing

Is Character customisation available in this game?
Also I know where you're going with this, so I'll save you time, and say no it doesn't seem like it. So more reason for you to not like it.

Also, where's did this anger for lack of wild battles come form? It was one of the most tedious things in pokemon. It's really not making you lose much, so why is it anger inducing? You don't even have to wander aimlessly in grass now to find rare pokemon, just wait for them to pop up
That's your opinion though. I really like the surprise of what I'm going to encounter and I think that Pokemon was one of the few RPGs to get random encounters right. I think taking them away takes something special out of the series.

Well now that the forum is loading for me again-- I actually find myself weirdly happy and enthused about LGPE. Confused, too, because it's like they tried to mash a bunch of stuff together, but... it's a core series game for Go players, practically Baby's First Pokemon Game. It's all kinds of weird, but if Gen 8 next year isn't heavily influenced by it, then it's all good.

Best part? I still don't need to run out and buy a Switch anytime soon.

This crazy hybrid does explain why the announcement schedule seemed off compared to past announcements, though.

Excited by those walking pokemon and possibly improved pokeride system there, that's probably the most reason I have to actually be interested in these games because that's something off my wishlist is a pokeride system that lets you ride any of your own pokemon.

Buuuut with that said... guess I can walk away now, seeing as there's nothing really worth following the rumor trail until next year. Interested in whatever that new pokemon is, but we're just gonna see a bunch more fake mythical, Gorochu and eeveelution leaks for that.

Imo these games should be priced $50 each at the maximum. They have graphics on par with the first 3DS games (and XY arguably brought more content to the table with 60+ new Pokemon, a new region and Megas).
Yeah, that's a big thing for me: the price. It's going to be very hard for me to justify $50 on a game like this when we have a new generation around the corner. It feels like a waste of money, tbh.

Or maybe I'm being cynical. At this point, who knows? =/

Will the post game even have newer Pokemon? All we've heard is you can get the Kanto mon from Go, which implies t me that those are all you can get period outside of the new mystery mon.

Actually I wonder if newbie has anything to do with the story of these games.

Also, where's did this anger for lack of wild battles come form? It was one of the most tedious things in pokemon. It's really not making you lose much, so why is it anger inducing? You don't even have to wander aimlessly in grass now to find rare pokemon, just wait for them to pop up

I'm honestly surprised you're surprised. Plenty of people were saying that they would be upset if they were out for a while now. Also I've always been under the impression that most people liked having lots of Pokemon battles since they are supposed to be such a big integral part of the games along with things like collecting lots of Pokemon. Honestly it would seem weird to me if lots of people weren't upset. I don't honestly know what GF were thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom