• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wait for the trailers to see if the games are worth it to buy at launch for full price. If there are no Pokémon/new forms it’s a no sale for me since even ORAS and USUM of all things managed to include new Pokemon and forms.
I mean it's practically an HD Yellow VC game. Then again there is that supposed new pokemon that comes with the games, so unless they pull a Manaphy with that pokemon I'd say keep an eye out.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for Pokemon interaction elements but the ability for me to bring my Pokemon with me in that Pokeball controller is really interesting. I loved the pokewalker and I was waiting for something like it to return. And the return of following Pokemon. Catching Pokemon seem to be like go but the battles seem to be like the core games so I'm at least a little interested. Not really sure if this game is going to have much of a plot at all but then again gen 1 didn't really have much of a plot to begin with so no big loss.

IDK maybe I'm strange but I'll probably get these and really enjoy being able to take my Pokemon with me IRL (Well sort of) and the Pokeball controller probably will have other uses hopefully in gen 8 as well.

Now the only question is what are the mods going to do with this thread? Is this going to be the gen 8 rumors and speculation thread now or are we going to be using it as the LGPE thread? Either way, I think I'll focus my attention on LGPE for now and leave gen 8 for next year.

Masuda said that the target demographic is everyone, including veteran players. Make of that what you will, but he hasn't said the opposite.

Aizen44 said:
a core RPG game with traditional gameplay is coming next year and with 3 years(devkits given out) in developement already and another to come,
According to Tom Phillips (who hinted at Yellow correctly), the first thing Game Freak worked on for the Switch was porting the SM engine to it. Chances are that Masuda's team started working on LGPE in 2015, while Ohmori's team had to finish SM before moving onto the next generation in 2016.

Three years is nothing special for game development. XY got the same treatment.

They already have following Pokemon animations for all the Pokemon so this argument doesn’t make sense.
Oh you’re right, forgot about that. But still holding to my point, that these games are perfect for them to experiment and giving themselfs more time for Gen8.

I mean it's practically an HD Yellow VC game. Then again there is that supposed new pokemon that comes with the games, so unless they pull a Manaphy with that pokemon I'd say keep an eye out.

If it really turns out to be Yellow VC HD then it isn’t for me and the fanbase's negative reactions would be actually justified...

I sincerely hope the one Pokemon is not the only new addition to these games.

BEDFCE7F-2A88-418C-8EC8-1D4A10843AC0.jpeg

That's it....I feel like I'm finally starting to get fed up with this fandom now. Pokemon just doesn't seen as fun to talk about when the actual games are shown. Just a place complain about the little things that didn't even know people cared about till now. Almost as if they just made it up. I mean sense when did people look forward to wild battles?! I dunno. I don't want to just pack up and leave cause I like talking about pokemon with people, but lately complaints just come off more and more petty these days that it's grating.

I can’t tell which fan base is more broken right now, Pokémon or Star Wars.

Three years is nothing special for game development. XY got the same treatment.

But it is for the gaming industry with many long running franchises. And well, 3 years for XY were good enough I think, as they were decent games for the start of 3ds. Of course you may think otherwise, i don‘t know if you liked those games.

This sounds so UsUm... but in a remake way, if you know what I mean :)

The Let's Go games aren't for me, but I came out of this whole thing a lot less disappointed than I thought I'd be for a Kanto-only game with Go integration. I'm optimistic about Pokemon's future. Graphically they look great, so Gen 8 should be even better, and if the newer Pokemon aren't going away and we're getting something really new next year... yeah. Bring it on.

I really do hope and wish that they are not 100% like Ultra. I hated those games, really first games, which i fully disliked. They made me even forget how i actually liked Sun/Moon, as I questioned myself, if I really had fun with Sun/Moon.

I didn't.
They aren‘t really my favorites too, but until now every Pokemon mainline game i played, I always had the feeling of experiencing a Pokemon game. In comparison, when i played the recent Final Fantsy games, they didn‘t feel a lot like Final Fantsy for me anymore. So for me at least, I can give Gamefreak credit for that. That‘s why i think, i won‘t probably love Pokemon Pikachu/Eevee, but it will probably still feel like a pokemon gaming experience for me, with things i liked more and things i didn‘t really like.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a reboot of sorts in the form of a Kanto remake with similar treatment to FRLG

Before receiving National Dex: "There's 150 Pokemon!"

After receiving National Dex: "Nevermind there's like 800ish now!"

They'll never outright retcon the other Pokemon out of existence, but they could easily make a game that, by comparison, takes place "in the past" (Kanto being 10-12 years before Alola), and have you unlock the remainder of the Pokemon post-game, which is exactly what FRLG did for Johto and Hoenn Pokemon.

Predicted btw

Of course. What part of them said they weren't main series games?

You start in the Lab to get your Pokemon, you go on your journey, you, presumably, gain gym badges and challenge a Pokemon League.

People need to just accept that Gamefreak isn't gonna follow the same old patterns forever. I predicted nearly a year ago that perhaps they'd kick of Gen 8 with Kanto/Yellow remakes and people said things like "they've never done that, so they'll never do that", but nobody predicted we wouldn't get Grey, wouldn't get Z, wouldn't skip remakes in Gen 5, wouldn't get remakes OR a third version but instead third versions x 2 in Gen 7. Gamefreak has been all about breaking the patterns, it just so happened that I called this one.

I'm still going back through my posts to pull up me calling it and making it my sig for a few months.

I'll put my forced smile on.
Well i don‘t know why we should be suprised about that, i mean they are Remakes or Inspirationed Games of Pokemon Yellow, so obviously Gamefreak will call them like that. Also if they called them spin-off, many people could skip them just because of that phrase. So of course they will say these are mainline games, but they and we aswell all know these are in fact spin-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom