• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we shouldn't call leaks fake yet.
Because the leaks that talk about a new region could well be the 2019 game.

Even Plus and Minus could be real.

The leaks that got more attention than others are indeed fake. Like the Italian leaks. Those have been debunked with the reveal of these games.

To start with, the game will be available with the original 151, just like GO was, it would almost be absurd if they didn't feature updates to include the later Pokemon, GO did it as a free patch, why shouldn't this game? The Switch is definitely capable of it.

And I don't back down from a challenge, that'll be my sig until the 2019 games release. If I need to shorten it if it's not the legal size, I can do that, but I won't delete it or anything. No shame if I'm wrong. The main reason I'm doing this is because I've been right before and have had to look through posts for 30-60 mins to prove it by finding a post from 1-2 years ago, gonna save future me an hour by doing it right here out in the open.
Listen,
Were we expecting a remake of a remake as the first title on the switch? No.
Were we expecting grid based? No.
Were we expecting chibi style? No.
Were we expecting floating stairs? No.
Were we expecting Kanto to be exactly the same? No.
Were we expecting trees blocking the routes? No.
Why exactly should we expect them to introduce the other pokemon?

What you didn't get is that these games were not made for traditional fans, these games purpose is to bring casual players (who only know gen 1 pokemon) to the serie. They said it ("2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone") and this is why they announced gen 8 for next year.

I just don’t see any reason why they would patch later gen pokemon instead of just including them in the base game like every other game in the series, on top of Masuda saying “In general, only the first 150 pokemon will be catchable”. That would be a waird statement if they intended to include gen2-7 pokemon after launch.

And like @PkmnTrainerV said, you can only transfer gen 1 pokemon from go. That doesn’t bode well for including later gen pokemon, considering go is on gen 3 now.

This is also the same company that refused to patch ~20 mega evos from ORAS to XY. I don’t have hope that they would patch 650+ pokemon in this game.

Take that with a grain of salt, as similar things were said about the 150 new Pokémon in BW, as well as the fact that we are confirmed to be getting a Gen 8 Pokémon as a gift in these games. It’s very well possible that by saying we can only catch the original 151 Pokémon meant in the main story, and not the post-game.

Thank you for capturing my exact sentiment when people say "You can just trade to get another Raichu!" :)

My dog is like my child. And after naming my HG eevee after her and evolving it into espeon, and it acting just like her. I would love to go on a journey with my child as my first Pokémon. But alas no espeon. And part of that is the whole lock thing of no other Pokémon. It’s clear why they did it though since eevee and pikachu are lazy bums that sit on your head the whole time.

@jonathan keller maybe not. Those leaks were gen 8. These aren’t. They are mainline, but they’re a different route. A different kind of mainline,. They’ll probably make versions for all the regions over time.

Take that with a grain of salt, as similar things were said about the 150 new Pokémon in BW, as well as the fact that we are confirmed to be getting a Gen 8 Pokémon as a gift in these games. It’s very well possible that by saying we can only catch the original 151 Pokémon meant in the main story, and not the post-game.
This ain’t a competitive game though. The whole enjoyment is te journey and getting them post game is no longer any good, because you don’t get to do the journey with them.

If we have been given details of the next game, I don't see how that could've happened, since leaks are usually done on purpose, and they wouldn't leak for something that they are in no way prepared to show us yet. I do see now how the confusion happened since both projects have been running in tandem. That probably doesn't exclude Kanto references from the equation. It's still a mystery, made worse by the matter this game is essentially running on gen 6's engine. There is no way to have answers until at least 9 months passes. For me, this matter is closed until then. All this does is blank out everything that followed the Kanto remake. This is that game, they wouldn't do it twice.

Yaaaaay!! Now I have a reason to buy a Switch now! I am SO getting both Let's Go! games, even though I can't use any of the Pokemon Go features since the latter refuses to work on my phone no matter what. Oh well, I'm not complaining! Also, LOVE the female character's design! Pokemon Yellow was my first ever video game, and I LOVED it growing up! Nostalgia trip for the win! I don't mind if it's not technically a core game. I better start saving my money!

Not getting Pokemon Quest though. Looks too much like Minecraft, and the blocky art style annoys me.

I still don't see the big deal of lack of wild battles. And so far people haven't helped me understand better the reason for the complaints. As the dude from gamexplain said, they basically trimmed the fat for wild battles and skipped to the catching. Yet they keep trainer battles so it's not like traditional battles are gone entirely. Then I hear it makes the difficulty suffer, yet I'm questioning when wild battles were the difficult parts of pokemon. I'm afraid I just can't understand where people are coming from, and part of accepting other people's opinions is suppose to come from understanding, even if they don't agree with you.

I still don't see the big deal of lack of wild battles.
The whole point of this series is to encounter lots of different creatures and battle them. Skimming the battling part is skimming one of the core aspects of the franchise.

What are you even going to do on a route after you beat the 4 trainers on them? Keep catching the same rattata/pidgey/zubat/machop/geodude that are available in every game?

The whole point of this series is to encounter lots of different creatures and battle them. Skimming the battling part is skimming one of the core aspects of the franchise.

What are you even going to do on a route after you beat the 4 trainers on them? Keep catching the same rattata/pidgey/zubat/machop/geodude that are available in every game?
Not that different from annoyingly running into them in the grass. You now at least can see what's coming, or even better avoid battling annoying pokemon. You're right about the encountering different pokemon thing, but I more looked forward to capturing them than battling them, I'll leave the battling to the trainers.

I still don't see the big deal of lack of wild battles. And so far people haven't helped me understand better the reason for the complaints. As the dude from gamexplain said, they basically trimmed the fat for wild battles and skipped to the catching. Yet they keep trainer battles so it's not like traditional battles are gone entirely. Then I hear it makes the difficulty suffer, yet I'm questioning when wild battles were the difficult parts of pokemon. I'm afraid I just can't understand where people are coming from, and part of accepting other people's opinions is suppose to come from understanding, even if they don't agree with you.
Imagine walking through a cave and not only battling wild Pokémon, but trainers as well. Between all of that you’re weak. And then your rival appears!

The wild Pokémon make it difficult by depleting health and pp as you travel, and this male trainer battles harder. Now if the trainers are easy then....the game is easy with no added difficulty.

Also it’s more annoying to get hit by a wild Pokémon, and gain nothing from it. What if you’re surrounded by Pokémon in the overworld? And this accidentally walk into a few. You’re not gaining experience from them or anything. You’re either wasting time and poke balls on things you don’t want, or you’re running from them when you could have avoided them if you didn’t get surrounded by them. It’s more irritating to some Becaise at least before you could thunderbolt zubat and get some exp.

Exactly like any JRPG game which Pokemon is supposed to be...

33836555_10209156558629989_2961266683714469888_n.jpg

That’s what repels are for.
Then doesn't that ruin the point too?

Imagine walking through a cave and not only battling wild Pokémon, but trainers as well. Between all of that you’re weak. And then your rival appears!

The wild Pokémon make it difficult by depleting health and pp as you travel, and this male trainer battles harder. Now if the trainers are easy then....the game is easy with no added difficulty.

Also it’s more annoying to get hit by a wild Pokémon, and gain nothing from it. What if you’re surrounded by Pokémon in the overworld? And this accidentally walk into a few. You’re not gaining experience from them or anything. You’re either wasting time and poke balls on things you don’t want, or you’re running from them when you could have avoided them if you didn’t get surrounded by them. It’s more irritating to some Becaise at least before you could thunderbolt zubat and get some exp.
I usually run from wild battles anyway though. Especially when my team is weak from contant trainer battles

One of the more concerning thing about the lack of wild battles is how the length of the game will suffer. If you could beat USUM in two days, you will probably be able to beat Yellow subtract wild battles in 8ish hours. Wild battles make up a large chunk of the game imo, and as said before a lack of them will make the games so easy. If this game is deemed to be even easier than OR/AS I'm skipping it.

lets go is a nice thing. it helped them to get familar with the hardware first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom