• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so. . .since LGPE exists for casual fanbase, do we expect gen 8 to lessen the handholding/simplification that the 3DS games faced? Since the way it was announced makes it feel like they really are targeting the core fanbase with gen 8

since they have an outlet for younger fans/mobile gamers/casual fans etc we could potentially see the return of gen 4-5 levels of content with the 2019 game

All right, you guys should only throw out leaks that say that Gen 8 is coming out in 2018 and any Kanto-related leak that does not relate to LGPE in any way.

Well, here's a line straight from Plus&Minus: Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.”

They wouldn't say that if there were four paired games to follow up XY.

Let's assume that Plus and Minus is fake due to this. This also means that the Dex Leak is fake since it forgot about 2 pairs of games.

My analysis of the marble leak and the points which I think are fake:
Pokémon Marble” is an open-world game made in a new engine for Switch. Parallels to BOTW are drawn all the time, one of the more obvious reasons being that a few designers from that team (no names) have been helping Game Freak out in the creation of this new world.
Except that GameFreak has told us in multiple interviews to not expect open world and Pokemon- breath of the wild.

- The game will allow for only one savefile per NNID.

Except that you can now create more than one save file with different users without the need of different NNIDs (confirmed by GameFreak).

specifically Stealth Rock and Terrains are gone)
They've spent 2 generations expanding terrains... only to remove them?

Last edited:
Let's assume that Plus and Minus is fake due to this. This also means that the Dex Leak is fake since it forgot about 2 pairs of games.

My analysis of the marble leak and the points which I think are fake:

Except that GameFreak has told us in multiple interviews to not expect open world and Pokemon- breath of the wild.

Except that you can now create more than one save file with different users without the need of different NNIDs (confirmed by GameFreak) and there is local co-op in LGPE which is unlikely to be removed.

They've spent 2 generations expanding terrains... only to remove them?
Marble actually lines up with what they've been saying about the 2019 game and it's also the polar opposite of LGPE. While LGPE plays it safe, Marble takes a lot of risks. I bet they're trying to see which approach to the series is more successful, then they will go with that approach.

so. . .since LGPE exists for casual fanbase, do we expect gen 8 to lessen the handholding/simplification that the 3DS games faced? Since the way it was announced makes it feel like they really are targeting the core fanbase with gen 8

since they have an outlet for younger fans/mobile gamers/casual fans etc we could potentially see the return of gen 4-5 levels of content with the 2019 game
I certainly hope so, and the posts/tweets made about Gen 8 seem to imply that.

Marble actually lines up with what they've been saying about the 2019 game and it's also the polar opposite of LGPE. While LGPE plays it safe, Marble takes a lot of risks. I bet they're trying to see which approach to the series is more successful, then they will go with that approach.

So GameFreak are telling everyone NOT to expect a BotW like game while creating a game with parallels to BotW? GameFreak's PR must've gone insane.

And it has a factually wrong point of one save file per NNID. Save files aren’t restricted by NNID iirc but by user profiles. There's nothing stopping me to create another user with another save file while NNID remains unaffected.

So GameFreak are telling everyone NOT to expect a BotW like game while creating a game with parallels to BotW? GameFreak's PR must've gone insane.

And it has a factually wrong point of one save file per NNID. Save files aren’t restricted by NNID iirc but by user profiles. There's nothing stopping me to create another user with another save file while NNID remains unaffected.
The leaker must have not done his research on how NNID works. I don't think that they even own an actual Switch.

All they said is that competitive players shouldn't be worried. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the single player experience. They used XY and SM for comparison, and they probably meant the catching and Pokemon diversity more than anything else. I don't believe that they want the casual fanbase to ignore the 2019 games.

Last edited:

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm still surprised to this day despite all my years as a pokemon fan I put up with more than most fans. I bet people would even call me a casual.

Why would a leaker from GameFreak NOT know about how Switch works? It’s their job to know about the Switch.

It is a discrediting point against the leaker- however you try to spin it.
Even the most credible leakers sometimes mess up. Even the Chinese Leak of SM said that Ash Greninja changes its form through Z-Crystals. The leaker is a human. They make mistakes.

I don't want the game to become more difficult, at least not in the same way most want it to. There is a steady progression to be had, let's not instantly fight against a L:30 something or other with L:5 pokemon.

Even the most credible leakers sometimes mess up. Even the Chinese Leak of SM said that Ash Greninja changes its form through Z-Crystals. The leaker is a human. They make mistakes.

The difference is- the Chinese leak got literally everything else correct.
But the marble leak has nothing other than 2019 date proven and correct. And anyone could predict a 2019 release date.

This, combined with the lack of Switch knowledge is a negative in my book for this leak.

Erm maybe? Then again, who knows maybe these "rumours/leaks" have something going for them.

I don't want the game to become more difficult, at least not in the same way most want it to. There is a steady progression to be had, let's not instantly fight against a L:30 something or other with L:5 pokemon.
I don’t mean that kind of difficulty spike.

Something I’d like to see is less trainers with just one Pokémon, and instead more trainers with 3-4.

... I'm actually hoping it does.

I don't feel like continuing to play through the same regions I've already played through with only superficial revisions to certain sections of the storyline and gameplay.

But I've never really understood, at least in my personal opinion (it's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it) why on Earth the fandom is so obsessed with remakes that introduce little to no original content.
Do we really need a 1-to-1 remake of DPPt with the only meaningful change being that's in it full HD 3D?
I'm all for more non-traditional takes on older games, provided they don't interfere with the actual core series experience.

You have a point, but I'm concerned about Let's Go versions of games that are as "seemingly" stripped down as LGPE. Like hey here's your Sinnoh remakes but you can't actually battle pokemon outside of trainer battles, or use the latest features from the generations since then (z moves, mega stones, pokeride, customization, etc.). I just think it's a bad look for remakes, but I suppose it depends on what LGPE really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom