• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they said is that competitive players shouldn't be worried. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the single player experience. They used XY and SM for comparison, and they probably meant the catching and Pokemon diversity more than anything else. I don't believe that they want the casual fanbase to ignore the 2019 games.
Did they really mention competitve players and about xy/sun and moon? I saw the tweet from eurogamer stating that but I want to know if someone like masuda or ishihara said that themselves

@Spinjira I hope so too. I've always wanted to play a Pokemon game, with someone else. I hope that maybe they are using LGPE as a testing grounds for co-op to see how it works. Who knows, maybe they'll advance on it.

I'd love to see the possibility of being able to have a co-op mode where you can join up with another friend, and they can use their own team while you use yours (from it looks like, LGPE has the second player using members of your team). Even if it was only exclusive to certain areas of the game, I'd be fine with it. Maybe there are certain routes with a bunch of double battles, and two wild Pokemon attack you at once (like they did in Gen 4 and 5). And, if you don't have a friend to play with, you can go through that route yourself, or there would be an NPC that followed you like in DPPt. The more I think about all the options with co-op play, the more I like it.

Guys the options for pokemon wild encouter are as follows:

GET READY: this is the capture option
ITEMS: this is the item selection
HELP: ???
RUN AWAY: this is the flee option

The help option intrigues me its either you call your pokemon to reduce hp like a regular encounter or it is the co-op option. If it is the co-op option then why did the trailer shows it during a single player campaign..... Hmmmmm intriguing

EDIT: Oh during co-op play the second player only has get ready and item options.... hmmmm

Guys the options for pokemon wild encouter are as follows:

READY: this is the capture option
ITEMS: this is the item selection
HELP: ???
RUN AWAY: this is the flee option

The help option intrigues me its either you call your pokemon to reduce hp like a regular encounter or it is the co-op option. If it is the co-op option then why did the trailer shows it during a single player campaign..... Hmmmmm intriguing
This can imply two things. Either A: This is the option that allows a co-op player to throw pokeballs as well. Or B:Your team might help out with capturing. Similar to assists in Pokemon Ranger.

Did they really mention competitve players and about xy/sun and moon? I saw the tweet from eurogamer stating that but I want to know if someone like masuda or ishihara said that themselves
I was relying on my memory of the Eurogamer tweet. I'm guessing that competitive players weren't mentioned, but XY and SM definitely were:

Siliconera said:
The 2019 games won’t follow up the Let’s Go Games. They’ll be more like X/Y or Sun/Moon. All new series.

Of course, that doesn't rule out a drastic improvement, but that wasn't what they were getting at.

It also predicted the Switch's hybrid nature.
The same source also claimed that "[The NX] can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device." , and that "The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android." ( x ).

I think it's also worth mentioning that +- aren't Gen 8 leaks-they're Gen 7 leaks. (The article, from 2014, explicitly calls them the next generation) The entirety of Gen 7 is evidence against it.

The same source also claimed that "[The NX] can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device." , and that "The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android." ( x ).

I think it's also worth mentioning that +- aren't Gen 8 leaks-they're Gen 7 leaks. (The article, from 2014, explicitly calls them the next generation) The entirety of Gen 7 is evidence against it.
Weren't SM made just for the 20th anniversary?

So i had watch the conference before, there masuda said that 2019 game and LGPE have been in production simultaneously with 2019 games being in production since 2015, so for 3 years now like I had guessed beforehand. And as the game will come out second half of next year, the game will have been in production for a little more than 4 years. I think that‘s a pretty good and long production time, where they surely have given and will give all they got in to the games. They will also learn a lot from the games this year and the reactions to it, from which 2019 games will benefit. I think the games are looking pretty promising to be maybe the greatest games ever and will live up to the switch, being the games we have waited for. In the meantime just enjoy LGPE as bridging time and to fill your desire for Pokemon this year. It‘s just win-win situation actually.

So i had watch the conference before, there masuda said that 2019 game and LGPE have been in production simultaneously with 2019 games being in production since 2015, so for 3 years now like I had guessed beforehand.
Pretty sure he never said this.

All he said was that the 2019 game started development before the Switch released.

For gen 8 I personally would prefer the shading to be more like USUM rather than LGLE because it's closer to a cell shaded look

Pretty sure he never said this.

All he said was that the 2019 game started development before the switch released.
I watched the full conference too and I too heard that the 2019 game and LGPE have been in production simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom