• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The article also mentioned even though the map is the same as yelliw, there are slight geographical changes some places. I wonder what that is consindering so far we have seen a 1:1 remake down to blocky paths and cut bushes.

So guys will you box Pikachu/Eevee or have them in your team? I‘m pretty much unsure about it, i like the interaction between Pikachu/Eevee and the trainer, but it sucks that it can‘t evolve and pretty much will be less strong, referring specially to eevee here.

The article also mentioned even though the map is the same as yelliw, there are slight geographical changes some places. I wonder what that is consindering so far we have seen a 1:1 remake down to blocky paths and cut bushes.
Just don't expect that to be more than what oras did to r/s

Is anyone else weirded out by the boxart?
Like it's Pikachu/Eevee drawn,and then there's a photorealistic background...

I thought that was kinda weird too. But on the bright side Pikachu and Eevee look adorable :X3:

So guys will you box Pikachu/Eevee or have them in your team? I‘m pretty much unsure about it, i like the interaction between Pikachu/Eevee and the trainer, but it sucks that it can‘t evolve and pretty much will be less strong, referring specially to eevee here.

I'm bummed that they won't evolve, but I'm keeping them on the team because a. I want to dress them up more than anything :X3:, and b. I imagine there will be a lot of cute cutscenes/moments with them.

I do wonder how they're gonna boost their power up to actually let them survive the games though...

• The plot of Let’s Go will not take you to Johto, Masuda says. The map of Kanto, however, will be very similar to the original landmass, but there will be graphical differences.
  • Although there are some Alolan forms of Pokémon in Let’s Go, there are otherwise no connections between it and Sun/Moon.
In case anyone was hoping for a johto or alola dlc. I don't think these are the games they want to keep alive through the years with dlc.

Eh, im getting pikachu version (unless sone crazy version exclusives in eevee) and i might keep it since you get shouldermon and follow mon at same time. I doubt they will be challenging so 5 spaces is just as good as 6

I'm perfectly fine with my Eevee not evolving. I'll just make it the strongest Eevee ever XD. Also since we now know there's a 2019 game, when do you think they'll announce that one? Since it seems like they're already deep in to announce it's release

If I get LGPE, since they said you’d be able to box your start, I think I might decide to do so at a point. :p

While the feature of having the mascots on your head and shoulders is neat, I prefer to have fully evolved Pokémon.

I'm perfectly fine with my Eevee not evolving. I'll just make it the strongest Eevee ever XD. Also since we now know there's a 2019 game, when do you think they'll announce that one? Since it seems like they're already deep in to announce it's release
The real problem is its movepoll. Normal moves only, bite and shadow ball (tm).

2baqr8.jpg

No Johto?! No party...

These games are the definition of a mixed bag for me. Kanto in 3D is nice, as is the connectivity with Go and general accessibility for first-time players. I also approve of mechanics such as the return of following Pokemon and even the option to ride eligible critters. The overworld looks very colourful and lively.

That all said, consider me disappointed if LGPE are a one and done deal as far as revisiting Kanto is concerned. As remakes of Yellow - an adaptation of the anime series, I am not picking up any vibes of Ash's journey. The links seem very tenuous on first inspection (all I see is the Pikachu/Eevee dynamic as well as Oak on Route 1 in the trailer), but this isn't my main gripe by any means.

The impression I get from reading the press Q&A's is that Game Freak have held back from fleshing out the adventure in favour of making the experience as familiar and conservative as possible. You'll only encounter Gen 1 Pokemon and some Alola variants. Greeeat... And again, no Johto adjoined to Kanto's landmass. Masuda has quickly vouched for this and I couldn't be more crestfallen.

I am an avid Go player, so will most likely enjoy these for the sake of interaction with the Pokemon I have been collecting since 2016. This could also be the perfect gateway to the world of Pokemon for my niece and nephew, who haven't quite caught the bug yet. Early signs suggest that they are the target demographic here, anyway.

I think the chibi style the game has is pretty beautiful. The MCs and NPCs are MUCH more expressful than in Gen 6 and Gen 7. I saw some hate for the style in the rumour thread, but i won't argue with that, as it is a matter of taste.

I will say this though: Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a downgrade. There's a difference between prefering something and it being different. If Game Freak chose to have this style for this game, then that's their choice and there's probably a reason why they chose it.

I knew that something fishy was going on when the Alola forms turned out to be exactly of the types Kanto lacked. What a shame that I don't like any of them \_(ヅ)_/ ᷄

Seeing the graphics gives me mixed feelings, that I have had before with the Mario & Luigi Superstar saga remake. I want to see my late childhood in full HD, but I also want to experience something new. There seem to be a couple of new zones, but thye don't look very exciting.

I think we will have to wait until the datamine to see if the models of the Pokemon from other gens are programmed, if they are I would say that Bank compatibility was planned.

I think the chibi style the game has is pretty beautiful. The MCs and NPCs are MUCH more expressful than in Gen 6 and Gen 7. I saw some hate for the style in the rumour thread, but i won't argue with that, as it is a matter of taste.

I will say this though: Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a downgrade. There's a difference between prefering something and it being different. If Game Freak chose to have this style for this game, then that's their choice and there's probably a reason why they chose it.

I agree, I've always liked the Chibi style~ And your second point is so true~ I mean, I prefer the old PMD graphics but that isn't to say the latest games are downgrades. I just prefer them to the models. For LGPE, I can see why some people may think the characters look really young but I think considering the style they're going for, it fits well

Well i was/actually am still against kanto, evenmore so it being 1:1. At the moment it looks that way, but we haven‘t seen anything to postgame rather than mewto, so i have hopes that at least, there will be new things in that part of the game.

I‘ll still have fun with these games, they will be good bridging to 2019 games, but i really hope we never ever see another Kanto game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom